Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

I'm hoping some classic villians from the original Moon knight run make an appearance in this volume. It was nice when Ellis made nods towards classic Moon Knight characters and rogues but it also left me dying for things to play out. Maybe Lemire did his homework and brushed up on Moon Knight mythos, that way we can get nostalgic stories such as when Huston did his second arc do Moon Knight during the mid 2000s.
    Last edited by Snidlefighter; 02-12-2016 at 12:05 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snidlefighter View Post
    I'm hoping some classic villians from the original Moon knight run make an appearance in this volume. It was nice when Ellis made nods towards classic Moon Knight characters and rogues but it also left me dying for things to play out. Maybe Lemire did his homework and brushed up on Moon Knight mythos, that way we can get nostalgic stories such as when Huston did his second arc do Moon Knight during the mid 2000s.
    It'd be nice, but I wouldn't count on it. I'm getting the feeling that Lemire is going for a straight-up "story", rather than a comic book arc with villains and the like.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Lemire told a decent Green Arrow story back when he was on that so that doesn't sound too bad for me. Funny thing is though when he wrote him in JLU he made him more jokey than he did in the solo where he was a lot more serious.

So basically, judging by that he'll write Moon Knight all serious in his solo and if he ever gets a team-book and puts him in it he'll make him more jokey LOL.

I would LOVE a return of Ryan Trent from the Ellis run. He was such a mad crazy little sob. I loved him.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    It'd be nice, but I wouldn't count on it. I'm getting the feeling that Lemire is going for a straight-up "story", rather than a comic book arc with villains and the like.
    I'm thinking because it takes place in a mental institute that we will have Marc being loony and seeing/hallucinating a lot of different characters. I should have stated my above opinion better, I hope to see not only written "spoken" past event and character nods (like we did with the Ellis run)but also see some drawn visual past event and character nods. Thinking about it, it would be easy with this premise Lemire is going for to do what Morrison did with Batman, where you incorporate every aspect of the character throughout the decades. You could insist that every single story and every single arc happened because he is a basket case.

BANNED

I'm thinking because it takes place in a mental institute that we will have Marc being loony and seeing/hallucinating a lot of different characters. I should have stated my above opinion better, I hope to see not only written "spoken" past event and character nods (like we did with the Ellis run)but also see some drawn visual past event and character nods. Thinking about it, it would be easy with this premise Lemire is going for to do what Morrison did with Batman, where you incorporate every aspect of the character throughout the decades. You could insist that every single story and every single arc happened because he is a basket case.
    Could be. But I'm getting more of an "indie" vibe from this book. Less "good guys vs bad guy with a twist", and more of an actual, structured story that explores the characters, setting, etc, etc.

BANNED

Damn, Smallwood has really improved. I'm getting a Shalvey vibe from these... And they're glorious! Moon Knight, Nighthawk, Black Panther, Punisher, Daredevil, Carnage, it's as if Marvel read my wishlist!

MOON KNIGHT #2
    JEFF LEMIRE (W) • GREG SMALLWOOD (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY Julian Totino Tedesco
    THE ONLY WAY OUT IS DOWN!
    • Marc Spector is in an asylum full of faces: haughty doctor, hostile orderlies, vacant-eyed patients. Or maybe those faces are actually just masks...
    • If some of those masks hide friends, others may hide enemies, or worse...GODS and MONSTERS.
    • The moon is out, the mask is on: it's time to escape—will Marc find a city full of sand, or something truly horrifying?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Hmmm. Well since Moon Knight is getting a DC love interest how about we give Batman the Marvel equivalent of Catwoman by giving him Black Cat LOL?
    Great suggestion! The writer Dan Slott has to me done a godawful job with the comicbook character Black Cat so far

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm kinda in this boat: Black Knight, Red Wolf, Howling Commandoes of SHIELD

So here comes: Moon Knight, Punisher and Black Widow to replace them.
    This is, to me, a pleasant way of looking at it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Great cover but the asylum angle is, to me, trite.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Great cover, Greg Smallwood sure is bringing his A-game for this volume! Can't wait!

I really hope Lemire gets to use the classic supporting cast, though, and maybe some of the villains we haven't seen in a while like Stained Glass Scarlet or Morpheus - who would actually be kinda perfect for an arc like this.
    O-My-GOD-YES!!!

BANNED

Hmmmm... Not sure what to make of this Great art though

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    Damn, Smallwood has really improved. I'm getting a Shalvey vibe from these... And they're glorious! Moon Knight, Nighthawk, Black Panther, Punisher, Daredevil, Carnage, it's as if Marvel read my wishlist!
    Glad to read it makes you happy