Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152 LastLast
    BANNED

Moon Knight #29 Mar 1983
    Part 1 of 2 - "Morning Star!" Guest-starring Werewolf by Night (Jack Russell).
    Moon Knight tries to track down Werewolf by Night

before he is captured by a Satanic cult

whose leader plans to use him to prove his demonic power.

Written by Doug Moench. Art by Bill Sienkiewicz.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I don't know - I'm loving the new run. Much better than Lemire's, in my opinion, which I found to be a whole lot of nothing.
    I go back and forth with it. I enjoy it more than Lemire’s run but there are times when I don’t enjoy how he writes Marc’s voice. I do like how he is playing up the spirituality of Khonshu and his “power” rather than just the same ole Marc is crazy trope. Sun King definitely fizzled out way too quick.

I’m willing to see how the next arc goes and if Bemis can keep me invested.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 04-23-2018 at 10:19 AM.

BANNED

Moon Knight #30 Apr 1983
    Part 2 of 2 - "The Moonwraith, Three Sixes, and a Beast!" Guest-starring Werewolf by Night (Jack Russel).
    Moon Knight helps save Werewolf by Night from a Satanic cult.

Written by Doug Moench. Art by Bill Sienkiewicz.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

I have nothing nice to say about 194 (outside of Becky Cloonan's terrific cover). I gave this team too many chances prior to today's issue. This just sealed how much this team and concept do not work for me.

The Morning Star arc was campy, horror fun. I still enjoy that story.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Bill Sienkiewicz!!!

Marvel Fanfare #38 Apr 1988
    "Whatever Happened to the Podunk Slam?"
    Marc's art advisor is trying to convince him to purchase a hideous mask, but he declines;

Later, Frenchie takes him to a girls home to take them to a concert of Podunk Slam;
    Afterwards, Marc has a headache and receives a vision from the priests of Khonshu in regards to Podunk Slam and the mask;
    He eavesdrops on the band and hears of some devious price they must pay for their success;

He then heads to the girls home again to find an ambulance taking an elderly woman away
    --young girls are vanishing from their beds and being replaced with elderly women all over the city.

Script by Jo Duffy, pencils by Judith Hunt, inks by Bill Sienkiewicz http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....l_sienkiewicz/

So...I kind of liked this issue. The Collective seems fun. I think if Bemis can stick to a kind of campy weird horror then he might keep me hooked.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    So...I kind of liked this issue. The Collective seems fun. I think if Bemis can stick to a kind of campy weird horror then he might keep me hooked.
    Oh, I really dug this issue. I've been loving Bemis' run all along but this was especially good. The Collective is a great villain - weird, kind of revolting, and a genuine threat.

The art by Paul Davidson was really nice, too. Happy that Burrows is back next issue but on the other hand, I wouldn't have minded Davidson finishing out this storyline.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

When I read the last few posts, without context or spoilers, I was wondering "do they mean Committee?". The Committee was who sanctioned MK to hunt down Werwolf by Night way back in MK's first appearance. So part of me hoped that was the case.

Nope, you guys did mean Collective...and it's nothing like The Committee. It actually had me thinking way, way back to 'Skinhead' from Web of Spider-man #57
    webofspider_man57.jpg
    Except Skinhead was just one consciousness and not many, merged into "one".

I'm not sure where they are going to go with this foe. Clearly they will be able to separate out MK from the Collective. So, could they do that with the other people "trapped" in there as well or will we learn there is a limit to the separation window?
    Loved seeing MK in a cape/cowl as he should be, mega points there from me.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

The issue definitely was creepy in certain ways. The Collective seems to come from some EC horror comic and that last page seemed to come straight out of a MAD Magazine cover. In one sense, this situation is out of Moon Knight's wheelhouse, but in another it strangely fits. Let's see where it takes us.

Also, found that fishing scene amongst all of the personalities to be very charming. It's nice to see all of Marc's personalities getting together.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    The issue definitely was creepy in certain ways. The Collective seems to come from some EC horror comic and that last page seemed to come straight out of a MAD Magazine cover. In one sense, this situation is out of Moon Knight's wheelhouse, but in another it strangely fits. Let's see where it takes us.

Also, found that fishing scene amongst all of the personalities to be very charming. It's nice to see all of Marc's personalities getting together.
    That fishing scene made the issue. It was just great. I also loved how... creepy the Collective was. Davidson's art grew on me over the issue, he started by creeping me out with the Collective(hopefully his intent), then just drew a really solid book after that.

https://sirmarkussite.wordpress.com/...on-knight-195/

BANNED

Moon Knight #31 May 1983
    "A Box of Music for Savage Studs!"
    Merchants war with a youth gang for control of a Brooklyn neighborhood

and only Moon Knight stands between them.

Written by Doug Moench. Art by Kevin Nowlan and Terry Austin.

BANNED

"Fly the Friendly Skies!"
    Trapped aboard a blimp,

a blinded Moon Knight fights for his life!

By Steve Ringgenberg, Michael Hernandez and Kevin Dzuban.

BANNED

Moon Knight Epic Collection Vol 3 on the way for January 8th, 2019! This'll collect Moon Knight #24-38.

https://www.amazon.com/Moon-Knight-E...ollection+moon

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I am less interested in a big screen adaption of MK being shown other than that of his roots. Where he has disguises and identities to perform his mission.
    The evolution at Editorial to run with this late Huston concept of making his identities into a disorder is not one I endorse.
    I keep reading the character waiting for a return to greatness. The Legacy rebrand should've been when they went that way.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime