Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

I'll definitely buy 14 too. Bummed Jack Russell won't be appearing in that werewolf issue, but it still looks like a lot of fun.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Same reason Bruce doesn't mind changing in front of Alfred or Dr.Leslie Thompkins, they are trusted allies.

I believe that simply purging Khonshu from his mind/body could be used to explain how Spector gets back to normal...well, normal for him with the MPD once again just being alternate identities he uses as a tool. A means to an end.

I don't hink Khonshu should ever fully be gone but have him be an outside force pulling at Spector on occasion and not living in his head like the parasite he is currently.
    Will have to agree to disagree. I don't mean changing clothes, Moon Knight maintains his different personalities in front of people who know who he is in private. Why act and make Marlene or Frenchie address him as Jake in private just because he is wearing the clothes? It's a testament to the uniqueness and clever character building that we're discussing it though.

Latest issue was definitely the best of these guys run, looking forward to seeing it play out. They seem to have hit a stride, I'm excited for Bunn but it'd be nice to let them play a long game now especially considering Bunn has said his will be self contained stories again aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Warp Spasm View Post
    I'll definitely buy 14 too. Bummed Jack Russell won't be appearing in that werewolf issue, but it still looks like a lot of fun.
    Same, but it sounds great! Bunn seems to be really passionate about what he's doing with Moon Knight and I can't wait to see where it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk_Guy View Post
    Thoughts on the new issue? I thought it was great. Absolutely fantastic art throughout. This run is really developing Khonshu as a character. The vibe of this issue was so creepy and fascinating. I'm back to being totally hooked by the story-line and I can't wait to see how everything comes together next month. I've started to lose faith in Brian Wood twice during his run and both times he's brought me back. I'm really pumped for the new creative team but I'll miss Wood/Smallwood too.
    It was pretty good, much better than the last issue. Art is awesome as usual, my biggest gripe is in a comic called Moon Knight, there should be more, I dunno, MOON KNIGHT. Here's hoping for a good wrap-up though.
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Personally I'll be glad to see when the MPD retcon done by Huston is retconned, re-explained away. While I get that for the vol.3 Charlie Huston was starting it stirred the pot and got some consistent eyes on MK for the first time in awhile it's since then brought the character down. It led to that horrid Bendis vol.4 title where he tried to move the MPD angle into using MK as a Avenger book by proxy of Spector's psyche.

Spector uses other identities: Grant and Lockley to aid in his role as Moon Knight. No different than Bruce Wayne using the Matches personality to further aid him as Batman.
    There is a reason(s) the first TWO volumes are looked upon as Moon Knights best series and it's not cause he was a borderline MPD uncontrollable psych job.
    I agree. I really want the MPD thing and fractured personality gone and for Marc to become an in control, actor on the stage of super heroics again. He needs to come to grips with Konshu, gain a little mysticism again, investigate the weird in the wee hours of the night, and really become the Moon Knight... rather than just this guy they have.

Thoughts on the new issue? I thought it was great. Absolutely fantastic art throughout. This run is really developing Khonshu as a character. The vibe of this issue was so creepy and fascinating. I'm back to being totally hooked by the story-line and I can't wait to see how everything comes together next month. I've started to lose faith in Brian Wood twice during his run and both times he's brought me back. I'm really pumped for the new creative team but I'll miss Wood/Smallwood too.
    For issue #11 I liked the development of Khonshu. I found the art great but the cover had nothing to do with the content (I hate it when they do that.) I am not the biggest fan of Wood's story writing and take on the character this run. I am looking forward to him moving on and writing another book (nothing personal, you'll never love everything a writer does.) It was professional (maybe too much so adhering to the old Marvel guideline of the character rather than building on Ellis's reboot) but I wanted to accuse him of maybe phoning this one in for a pay check with the upcoming SW threatening everything ahead anyway. It felt like half a comic book. I was unsatisfied and left wanting a Moon Knight story rather than half of one about Marc. I actually felt this issue wasn't worth the price to read as a result. I am still a fan and want to see them get this horse back on track. To do that I feel they need a long term writing team committed to the character rather than such a revolving door in creative. I wish Ellis had stayed on the book. It is what it is.

I love the Magneto comic, and I am looking forward to seeing what Bunn can do with the character. I did find it interesting to see the US government portrayed the way it was in holding Marc so maybe we can get some Alex Jones and government conspiracy storylines in the future too.
    Last edited by Inhuman X; 01-25-2015 at 06:44 PM.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

I just went through issues 7-11 and I realized that Wood has set up a whole lot of questions that need to be answered in Moon Knight #12 for the arc to wrap up cleanly:

spoilers:
    How will Marc survive falling from a plane?
    How does Dr. Warsame have access to an EMP weapon, fake FBI materials, other resources?
    What are Dr. Warsame's real motivations. As Marc asked in issue #11, why target Dr. Aliman Lor now? Why hide behind intermediaries?
    Will Marc be able to clear his name? Will get get back his house, money, weapons, resources?
    Will Khonshu and Marc be reunited? Will Marc's personalities come back? How will their relationship change?
    Is the U.S. government behind the capture of Marc Spector? How did the doctor manipulate them?
    end of spoilers

Will Wood's finale be able to answer all of these questions? I'm excited to find out!

New solicit:

CULLEN BUNN (W) • RON ACKINS (A)
    Cover by DECLAN SHALVEY
    • There is a monster under the beds of the children of Manhattan and he’s hungry.
    • Many children have already fallen to the beast’s hunger and it’s up to Moon Knight to stop it.

BANNED

Man, the Bunn run sure does sound bad-ass.

I read issue 12... don't think it really wrapped things up in a satisfying way. Some of it was interesting (I like the relationship between Marc and Khonshu) but overall, I was expecting more.

I read issue 12... don't think it really wrapped things up in a satisfying way. Some of it was interesting (I like the relationship between Marc and Khonshu) but overall, I was expecting more.
    Huh. This issue was actually was what sold me on the run. I was on the fence right up until this issue.

Mighty Member

This story line had a lot of build up, for a one page climax, and I don't entirely understand the point of it all. Moony himself didn't feel important to the events of this issue. Compared to Ellis's final issue, who's build up and climax was entirely in that single issue, and which made me feel just ecstatic at the end, this didn't cut it for me. That said, I enjoyed most of Wood's run, but I am MORE than ready for Bunn's.

Felt like it felt out with a whimper. I was expecting another page and then... nothing. Oddly unsatisfying end, and I didn't feel like Khonshu coming back to Marc was justified well enough. I didn't really like Khonshu's handling this issue either. It didn't feel ambiguous enough for me. I mean, he was talking to people and communicating like he 100% exists and I don't feel like that's the right way to handle him tbh. Overall seemed like a huge buildup to a rushed, abrupt ending. Can't wait to see what Bunn does with the character.

I did love the scene of him falling out of the plane and Khonshu saving him though.

Mighty Member

I think there's more evidence that Khonshu is real than isn't, I vaguely remember khonshu himself being hinted at during Chaos War, then Khonshu himself confronted the Beast in Shadowland. It seems weird in a world where gods are literally everywhere, that other heroes aren't willing to believe in khonshu (or that there hasn't been a Black Panther/Khonshu team-up, both of their patron gods are Egyptian). Anyway, I think the is he/isn't he is wearing itself out, the way will they/won't they wears out in sitcoms. I'd rather have a definitive answer, whether khonshu is real or not, plausibly leading to a newer more confident direction. After all, just look at this run. Everything that happened during Wood's run has happened before during Moon Knight's 2006 run. Moon Knight goes too far, the police/public turn on him, Marc questions himself, and Khonshu threatens to leave. Love Moon Knight, but I'd love him more if I never have to read this sequence of events again.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Same, but it sounds great! Bunn seems to be really passionate about what he's doing with Moon Knight and I can't wait to see where it goes.
    Agreed. He's got my coin for at least 13-15. I happy to see the supernatural elements return on a much bigger scale. And thanks for your impromptu comments on issue 12. It's going to be a while before I get it.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Warp Spasm View Post
    Agreed. He's got my coin for at least 13-15. I happy to see the supernatural elements return on a much bigger scale. And thanks for your impromptu comments on issue 12. It's going to be a while before I get it.
    No problem. Glad to see the done-in-one stories are back.