Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I'm incredibly impressed by the first three issues of the new series. I'm stoked for the rest.
    "Relax. I'm far too borderline psychotic to feel pain." - MK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ^^^^ what the devil?!?

so what's this latest series about? Is he back in new york city?

Too bad that the MCU is already crowded. I'd like to see him show up in a Marvel film.

Yes, he is back in NYC. The story picks right from the last MK series from what I can tell. And so far the stories have been great, no guest shots or MCU team ups so far. Not that I'm opposed to that at all. Ellis is really doing some great work right now.
    "Relax. I'm far too borderline psychotic to feel pain." - MK.

Quote Originally Posted by lavalampchamp View Post
    I'm incredibly impressed by the first three issues of the new series. I'm stoked for the rest.
    Agreed, I knew Ellis was going to go wild with a smaller profile character like MK but he's really pushing the envelope; I'll keep reading for as long as he's writing.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ^^^^ what the devil?!?

so what's this latest series about? Is he back in new york city?

Too bad that the MCU is already crowded. I'd like to see him show up in a Marvel film.
    Too crowded? No way. BTW, there might have been an obtuse Bendis-like MK hint in CATWS: when Sitwell mentions the TV anchor from Cairo in his Insight rant. Speculating here but...

If they do a TV series, they've got to up the violence a bit. I'll be surprised if Disney goes there.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I just read Moon Knight #3.
    That was an odd read. I felt very MEH after reading it.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    That would be awesome!
    Jessica Jones getting one over him is criminal.

Issue 4 comes out next week and with Ellis supposedly leaving at issue 6 I wonder if Marvel will be making any announcements on who will be taking over the book. It can't be ending right away since Shalvey has said that he turned in the cover for issue 7. I hope we find out something soon.

Incredible Member Prisoner 6655321's Avatar

This creative shift is a HUGE turn off for me but I'm going to hold tight until I hear who's going to take over but... Moon Knight has really, (imo) suffered a lot these past several years despite having a couple great shining points. In pursuit of some kinda great MK angle they seem to reinvent the wheel every time they give him a new series. The Ellis book has been amazing so far but what's moon knight going to look like with the next team and really... six issues? That wouldn't be so bad if it were a mini but this hasn't felt like a mini at all to me. Anyway, I'm not jumping the gun here but I anticipate being let down.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I don't like it either but I'm an MK fan first and will buy the book for the character. I mean it'll have to really get bad story/art wise for me to drop it.

What I'm over are the primdona mindsets by the creative folks like Ellis who can't commit to a book for a year even anymore. Due to this I'm totally writing off his Project Super Powers relaunch for the Fall by Dynamite.

God I miss the time when you'd have Mark Waid on Flash for years, Peter David on Hulk, Supergirl, X-Factor for YEARS. There are other examples but damn if you even get one of the big two to keep a title around for much more than 3yrs that's a damn bloody miracle now a days as well also.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I don't like it either but I'm an MK fan first and will buy the book for the character. I mean it'll have to really get bad story/art wise for me to drop it.

What I'm over are the primdona mindsets by the creative folks like Ellis who can't commit to a book for a year even anymore. Due to this I'm totally writing off his Project Super Powers relaunch for the Fall by Dynamite.

God I miss the time when you'd have Mark Waid on Flash for years, Peter David on Hulk, Supergirl, X-Factor for YEARS. There are other examples but damn if you even get one of the big two to keep a title around for much more than 3yrs that's a damn bloody miracle now a days as well also.
    It's unfortunate, but it's the nature of some creative teams and how the publishers want to release comics now. Frankly, I'm looking forward to whomever steps in for this team. And if I don't like them, no big deal. I'll like someone else's take somewhere down the line.

So with Brian Wood taking over the one-in-done structure will be the same but it seems like they will have more connectivity rather than the way Ellis does it. And while I'm definitely going to miss Shalvey on the book Smallwood seems like a good fit.

For anyone who hasn't seen the CBR interview.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 07-08-2014 at 04:26 AM.

are there new villains?

I'll try Wood's run. Because Shalvey's art made a huge leap, I picked up 4 and quite enjoyed until the confession at the end. The only issue that stuck with me almost all the way through on all counts. The villains are lackluster and the whole detective angle, not really my thing. Wood needs to kick up the villains a few notches.

And yet there are elements I quite like: tying Moon Knight's varying roles to those of Khonshu, the brain damage twist. Hopefully the art will be on target more than this run has been.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    They should give him a Netflix series. They could go wild.
    He totally deserves one. I don't understand why they went with the Jessica Jones show instead of Moon Knight.

If they wanted a female series there are a crap load of females worthy of a series over that biatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    I'll try Wood's run. Because Shalvey's art made a huge leap, I picked up 4 and quite enjoyed until the confession at the end. The only issue that stuck with me almost all the way through on all counts. The villains are lackluster and the whole detective angle, not really my thing. Wood needs to kick up the villains a few notches.

And yet there are elements I quite like: tying Moon Knight's varying roles to those of Khonshu, the brain damage twist. Hopefully the art will be on target more than this run has been.
    Shalvey art really took the series to a new level. I don't think anyone would have had the same impact on the first couple of issues the way he did. He's even stated how he was trying so many new things and expected to be lambasted but got the opposite reaction.

I actually really loved issue 4. I think that was my favorite issue of the run so far. The dreamworld >
    5 was also great. The action was absolutely superb.I'm kind of over his suit look though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    He totally deserves one. I don't understand why they went with the Jessica Jones show instead of Moon Knight.

If they wanted a female series there are a crap load of females worthy of a series over that biatch.
    Preach.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Shalvey art really took the series to a new level. I don't think anyone would have had the same impact on the first couple of issues the way he did. He's even stated how he was trying so many new things and expected to be lambasted but got the opposite reaction.

I actually really loved issue 4. I think that was my favorite issue of the run so far. The dreamworld >
    5 was also great. The action was absolutely superb.I'm kind of over his suit look though.
    Issue 4 had some terrific art, but I'm not a fan of Shalvey's character style. Another artist probably could have done equally terrific art, but the concept of MK being pure white is a clever cue. I am very picky with art and with MK being $3.99 per issue, I will continue to be picky.

But there's an audience for everything, so I'm glad people are enjoying Declan's work.