Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedBaron View Post
    Well, it's certainly rustled my jimmies..
    Which is unfortunate because I loved the way both Ellis and Brubaker wrote him. Why couldn't they stick with what works?
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Omega View Post
    Which is unfortunate because I loved the way both Ellis and Brubaker wrote him. Why couldn't they stick with what works?
    Brubaker never wrote Moon Knight but I see your point and I agree. What Ellis established worked very well as premise. Wood needs to pull his head out his ass and get with the programme. Even when he was kinda towed line in #7. You could see that Wood was stuggling to continue what Ellis set-up. He was just a bad choice for the book is all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedBaron View Post
    Brubaker never wrote Moon Knight but I see your point and I agree. What Ellis established worked very well as premise. Wood needs to pull his head out his ass and get with the programme. Even when he was kinda towed line in #7. You could see that Wood was stuggling to continue what Ellis set-up. He was just a bad choice for the book is all.
    Brubaker wrote him in Secret Avengers. As did Ellis which is what really sold me on his MK solo run

I totally forgot about his time on Secret Avengers. I remember that issue where Ellis introduced the business suit look. I actually didn't notice that Brubaker that has written MK before. Yup, that's fairly awesome. He should do more.

It sounds like I'll be skipping his run
    As someone else who has read the Ellis run and loved it, I'm actually liking the Wood run so far. Might want to check it out yourself though. I think it's been solid and some have been too harsh with their criticisms imo. It's not Ellis, but other than Ellis, who is?

Brubaker wrote him in Secret Avengers.
    Yeah, and no offense, but I bloody hated how MK came off there. No spark of instability or violence. No sense of identity-swapping or questionable morals. He was just...there? It seemed like the only thing Brubaker knew about MK was that he used to be a soldier in some capacity, so his only noteworthy trait was always addressing Steve Rogers by rank. That one Vengeance of the Moon Knight issue (forget the number) which had the whole team do a raid on a Black Mast-controlled liner did a better job of establishing how MK should've been acting on that team, i.e. doing the job well but generally mistrusted by the others and openly uncaring of their opinions on him.

*sigh* Eh, this is supposed to be an appreciation thread...I dug everything Ellis did with MK, and while I think #7 of the current series was a bit dull, #8 was much more interesting, and I'm invested in seeing where Wood's taking it now.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

I agree with you about Brubaker's handling of Moon Knight in Secret avengers. I feel like someone Brubaker excels at single character runs with a small supporting cast rather than big team books. And in Moon Knight's case, that holds true. Definitely not enough personality put into him during his SA run, which is odd considering Brubaker would be my dream writer for a Moon Knight solo, which I feel like he would kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    I agree with you about Brubaker's handling of Moon Knight in Secret avengers. I feel like someone Brubaker excels at single character runs with a small supporting cast rather than big team books. And in Moon Knight's case, that holds true. Definitely not enough personality put into him during his SA run, which is odd considering Brubaker would be my dream writer for a Moon Knight solo, which I feel like he would kill.
    I felt Bru wrote the character with respect. He wrote him as a very competent hero / spy who Cap trusted totally. His action scenes were excellent

I felt Bru wrote the character with respect. He wrote him as a very competent hero / spy who Cap trusted totally. His action scenes were excellent
    It's not the FEATZ~! that concern me, it's the voice and the attitude. Sure, Brubaker didn't take a dump on MK or anything, but he seemed to have little-to-no idea what MK should sound like when he talks, etc. And as I recall, he had a fairly decent handle on Cap, Sharon, Widow, Ant-Man, Valkyrie and Beast...it was just MK (and kinda War Machine) that felt flat. He was just a blank cypher in a white mask.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    It's not the FEATZ~! that concern me, it's the voice and the attitude. Sure, Brubaker didn't take a dump on MK or anything, but he seemed to have little-to-no idea what MK should sound like when he talks, etc. And as I recall, he had a fairly decent handle on Cap, Sharon, Widow, Ant-Man, Valkyrie and Beast...it was just MK (and kinda War Machine) that felt flat. He was just a blank cypher in a white mask.
    Yeah, now that you mention it, he did have a flat personality. But I am so sick and tired of his multiple personalities that I found him being an even (yet bland) badass hero a little refreshing

Preview is up!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=24597

This could go either very badly or very well. I really hope Wood has a good enough grasp on Marc's psyche to pull something like this off. It's been very inconsistent over the years.

Setting part of the story in Egypt - even just a memory of Egypt - immediately makes me sit up and pay attention. 'Spirits in the Sand' has always been my favourite of the Moench/Sienkiewicz stories.

Hoping that the reveal of what Mysterious Doctor Lady actually wants from Marc is a good one.

he should have a year-long adventure in a foreign territory. latin america, eastern europe..

I wouldn't mind seeing him trek to Egypt for a bit. A superhero in Cairo would be a great setting.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    That would be awesome!
    If they took a variety of bits from Moon Knight and used the various costumes of the current run, sure. And make it violent, MK has to be violent.

I might read issue 9, I'm curious as to who the shrink is.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy