Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing him trek to Egypt for a bit. A superhero in Cairo would be a great setting.
    yeah, it could be modern even if they still play with the ancient Egypt stuff.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Hello hello.
    As the member that initiated the original Marc Spector Appreciation thread in the previous incarnation of the forums, it highly pleases me to see a thread dedicated to one of my favorite characters here.
    I wouldn't mind seeing him trek to Egypt for a bit. A superhero in Cairo would be a great setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Warp Spasm View Post
    yeah, it could be modern even if they still play with the ancient Egypt stuff.
    You know what's funny? His first series showed his origin and the statue of Khonshu in Sudan, volume 2 made him go to Egypt to get his powers and weapons, and what followed kept that.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

What are everyone's thoughts on the new issue?

It was cool to see a ton of development in the psychiatrist character and the art was cool. It's fun to see the creation of an original/compelling Marvel villain like this.

In other Moon Knight news, based on the February solicit, it looks like Marvel is sticking to the idea of 6 issue arcs for this series. I wonder if they'll switch up the creative team for each arc. Could be a cool idea to see a bunch of different creators take a crack at a Moon Knight story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk_Guy View Post

It was cool to see a ton of development in the psychiatrist character and the art was cool. It's fun to see the creation of an original/compelling Marvel villain like this.

In other Moon Knight news, based on the February solicit, it looks like Marvel is sticking to the idea of 6 issue arcs for this series. I wonder if they'll switch up the creative team for each arc. Could be a cool idea to see a bunch of different creators take a crack at a Moon Knight story.
    Yeah, a new team for each arc would be cool. Although I'm loving the Wood/Smallwood/Bellaire team so much I'd hate to see them get shoved out if they have more stories to tell. I expected to bail after Ellis left but I have to say I'm liking Wood's MK every bit as much, if not maybe a nudge more, than Ellis'. If they do put a new team on the book, I hope they'll continue in much the same vein as Ellis and Wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Hello hello.
    As the member that initiated the original Marc Spector Appreciation thread in the previous incarnation of the forums, it highly pleases me to see a thread dedicated to one of my favorite characters here.

You know what's funny? His first series showed his origin and the statue of Khonshu in Sudan, volume 2 made him go to Egypt to get his powers and weapons, and what followed kept that.
    I remember those, I read the original series shortly after it wrapped and some of the Egypt stuff, but since that is so central to his character, I'd like to see more of the supernatural stuff creep back in. And some more nods to his birth faith; that's been sorely neglected for eons, I'd love Zohar to come back.

I am hoping there's a new team for the next arc (or Season 3.) I haven't been able to get into more than an issue or two of each "season." I like the reconfigured elements of Marc and Moon Knight, but not most of the villains/detective stuff. I'll probably pick up issue 9 though. Curious about the psych...

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk_Guy View Post

I liked it a lot! I was afraid with the last issue, it seemed like they were falling back on the whole split personality thing. I really liked Ellis' explanation, how MK's mind is fractured because of the different aspects of Khonshu, and not just DID. And with last issue, it seemed that was being ignored. But it looks like his doc knows Khonshu is real, and it was a pretty awesome twist end. I'm actually kind of hoping that it's a new creative team, just because I like the idea of MK being a series of short little "runs", not a huge story that takes arcs to complete. If not, I do like Wood and Smallwood on it, although I kinda wish they would take even more of a done-in-one approach.
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

On the latest issue -

While it remains interesting, I am really starting to wonder just how much of this is actually happening in reality. The last couple of pages felt very open ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yeah, a new team for each arc would be cool. Although I'm loving the Wood/Smallwood/Bellaire team so much I'd hate to see them get shoved out if they have more stories to tell. I expected to bail after Ellis left but I have to say I'm liking Wood's MK every bit as much, if not maybe a nudge more, than Ellis'. If they do put a new team on the book, I hope they'll continue in much the same vein as Ellis and Wood.
    Yes, totally, if they have a nice long multi-part arc planned out, I'm very much on-board. I still think I prefer the Ellis/Shalvey run because of how amazing issue #4 and #5 were but Wood's story has me hooked now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch by Night View Post
    I liked it a lot! I was afraid with the last issue, it seemed like they were falling back on the whole split personality thing. I really liked Ellis' explanation, how MK's mind is fractured because of the different aspects of Khonshu, and not just DID. And with last issue, it seemed that was being ignored. But it looks like his doc knows Khonshu is real, and it was a pretty awesome twist end.
    Yes! It seems like Wood is picking out elements from Ellis' run and is stringing them together into a great story.

Based on the very limited amount of things I've read of Moon Knight, I think he'd make a fantastic live action movie. As we have seen from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, just because the character isn't a phenomenon in the comics, doesn't mean it won't be compelling, interesting and entertaining in the movies. It happened with Iron Man, it happened again with Guardians of the Galaxy and it can happen again with Moon Knight.

Now, the character is bit dark and gritty from everything I've read, but man...if they can translate a story like "The Bottom" to a movie, I think it would really catch audiences by surprise.

I won't claim to be a fan, but I will claim that Moon Knight definitely has a lot of potential. As an aside, I thought the trade by Ellis and Shavley was kind of light. It had some cool story beats and the execution was pretty cool, but I felt it could have been a lot denser. I guess it has everything to do with Ellis being on cruise control. Regardless, sometimes Ellis on cruise control is much better some other creator's best efforts.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

That last issue was intense.

spoilers:
    I get the feeling that the psychiatrist may be a figment of Khonshu. I feel like she's an aspect of the old Moon Knight, the one who thirsts for revenge and would want to go after a former warlord. Maybe abandoning Marc is a ploy to get him to earn him back, to /want/ him back. Regardless, very intense issue. Surprising how off guard Marc was caught but it should lead to some awesome developments.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

I'm not sure if I read Moon Knight or The Twilight Zone. Pfft, like there's a difference. Big fan of MK, but I'd like to see some of his foes pop up. And I'm loving how it's so self contained from the Marvel universe.

spoilers:
    I get the feeling that the psychiatrist may be a figment of Khonshu. I feel like she's an aspect of the old Moon Knight, the one who thirsts for revenge and would want to go after a former warlord. Maybe abandoning Marc is a ploy to get him to earn him back, to /want/ him back. Regardless, very intense issue. Surprising how off guard Marc was caught but it should lead to some awesome developments.
    end of spoilers
    Wood's run on Moon Knight could go in so many different directions, can't wait to see how it's going to piece together.

does MK still own his mansion?

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Based on this post alone, I just read it. Very good indeed. I agree there is definitely some of the Huston run in this issue and this is a very welcome sight. Thanks for posting it Prince of Orphans.