Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152

And it’s done! About to go back and read all in one sitting for a final thought.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    And it’s done! About to go back and read all in one sitting for a final thought.
    I'll have to give #200 a second read but first impression is that it was a decent finale. Certainly a better issue than #199, which I thought was a bit of a mess.

I feel like Bemis' run peaked with #198 and that the last two issues suffered from whatever personal turmoil he was going through. And surely also from the tension that turmoil likely caused between him and editorial.

But the bulk of Bemis' run was, to me, a stunning one, bursting with creativity and wild ideas. I really wish he had been able to hang in there and keep it going for a bit longer, at least, but I'm happy for the issues that we got. It may not be to every MK fan's taste but I think it's been one of the best runs the character has had.

Now that there's a Moon Knight-sized hole in Marvel's publishing line, I hope it won't be too long before they fill it. We've been lucky to have a pretty constant stream of MK volumes for awhile now. I would hate to see that go away.

Agreed on many of your account, Prof.

I wasn't aware of any tension between him and editorial though. That's kind of a bummer to hear as I would love to get some more MK stories from him.

what sort of storyline should a Moon Knight animated straight to video movie focus on? who would be the voice actors?

Amazing Member

I think shadow knight would make for a great enemy, or midnight man, or stained-glass scarlet. They're both underrated.

Do you think there's a chance of Moon Knight joining the MCU?

Quote Originally Posted by Thaxander12 View Post
    I think shadow knight would make for a great enemy, or midnight man, or stained-glass scarlet. They're both underrated.

Do you think there's a chance of Moon Knight joining the MCU?
    hopefully. There might be some pushback from some in fandom or the general public about the Batman comparison, as well as any Bat-fatigue out there. But I think a lot of folks prefer a Netflix style series, but we'll see, I guess... Phase four, or five?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Personally, I’d much rather see him have a Netflix series, just because you can explore his mental issues up a lot more. I really would love to see someone like Ann Nocenti have a whack at MK. Especially if she had a storyline involving Typhoid Mary.

You know, I just thought of something. What if Moon Knight adopted another heroes protagonist? Like Frank Miller did with the Kingpin for Daredevil. Which villain would you like to see be added as a mainstay for MK’s rogues?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I've been behind on my books. Sat down and read #199 & #200

Color me disappointed that they chose to make Sun King an "anti-hero"(to use language in the book) and turn himself over for rehab.
    I found the Moon Girl portions that foreshadow into 2099 fun. I felt that the issue had an uneven flow in places. The character of Truth just doesn't work for me.

While this run has Marc firmly in control and he wasn't written as bat____ crazy I still don't buy the D.I.D.
    Yes, I'm just waiting for the right writer/editor to come along and retcon the past 10yrs of D.I.D. retconning from Huston's run on up out of Spector. Return his "identities" to their OG status of disguises/aliases.

So, no word yet on if Moon Knight will get a new title in 2019?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Tony Isabella!!!

Moon Knight #34 Nov 1983
    "Primal Scream!"
    Moon Knight enters a warehouse at night and is attacked by a teenager named Frank, who is behaving like an animal.
    Earlier that afternoon, Jake, Crawley, and Gena are talking at the diner when a gang bursts through the door, all acting feral.

Gena has her arm bitten and Jake is knocked unconscious. Back to that night, Frank has slipped past the police and heads back to Gena.
    Meanwhile, Moon Knight explores the warehouse. He finds it full of chemical containers and injured teens.
    They say Alcaide is the one responsible, having found a drum labelled "Primal Project".
    Marc recognizes the name and thinks back to a job he took years ago involving the feds.
    He then runs into Alcaide, who has turned into a kind of werebeast.

They fight, while at the same time, Gena is fighting Frank once again at the diner.

Both end up defeating their attackers. Gena, however, doesn't take the events of the night very well.

Written by Tony Isabella https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sdcqFprSIE. Art by Bo Hampton.

BANNED

"The Vault of Knight"
    A character named Scorecard is telling the reader about Moon Knight,

in a kind of epilogue to the previous story.

Written by Tony Isabella, Pencils by Richard Howell, Inks by Danny Bulanadi

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Hey MK fans, any movement on a new MK book? I've been keeping an eye out for something. Didn't like the Bemis run, even though he's someone I usually dig.

Been reading a lot of older Sienkiewicz MK stuff. Loved Ellis' run. Liked Lemire's.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-22-2018 at 07:43 PM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Hey MK fans, any movement on a new MK book? I've been keeping an eye out for something. Didn't like the Bemis run, even though he's someone I usually dig.

Been reading a lot of older Sienkiewicz MK stuff. Loved Ellis' run. Liked Lemire's.
    I just came in here to ask this exact same thing. I’m trying to think of a creative team that would do this book justice.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com