Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    That last issue was intense.

spoilers:
    I get the feeling that the psychiatrist may be a figment of Khonshu. I feel like she's an aspect of the old Moon Knight, the one who thirsts for revenge and would want to go after a former warlord. Maybe abandoning Marc is a ploy to get him to earn him back, to /want/ him back. Regardless, very intense issue. Surprising how off guard Marc was caught but it should lead to some awesome developments.
    end of spoilers
    That... would be kinda cool. As long as they stay away from the DID, and stick with the Knonshu explanation.
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

That last issue was intense.

spoilers:
    I get the feeling that the psychiatrist may be a figment of Khonshu. I feel like she's an aspect of the old Moon Knight, the one who thirsts for revenge and would want to go after a former warlord. Maybe abandoning Marc is a ploy to get him to earn him back, to /want/ him back. Regardless, very intense issue. Surprising how off guard Marc was caught but it should lead to some awesome developments.
    end of spoilers
    Beautiful theory my friend. That would be amazing.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Finally just read the last issue and lordy, that was great. I'm really interested to see where Wood takes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Warp Spasm View Post
    Based on this post alone, I just read it. Very good indeed. I agree there is definitely some of the Huston run in this issue and this is a very welcome sight. Thanks for posting it Prince of Orphans.
    No problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch by Night View Post
    That... would be kinda cool. As long as they stay away from the DID, and stick with the Knonshu explanation.
    One thing I always loved about MK is that they often leave the cause of his Khonshu encounters ambiguous. You're always left with the question of whether or not he imagined it, or if it was real. This is the first time in a long time where someone else has confirmed the existence of Khonshu, which is why I'm leaning towards the theory that she isn't real.

One thing I always loved about MK is that they often leave the cause of his Khonshu encounters ambiguous. You're always left with the question of whether or not he imagined it, or if it was real. This is the first time in a long time where someone else has confirmed the existence of Khonshu, which is why I'm leaning towards the theory that she isn't real.
    Agreed. I just never really like the DID thing. Different identities, a la The Shadow? Yes, that's an awesome gimmick. Split personalities? No thank you, it seems like lazy writing, and makes no sense. Like Ellis said, if acting is all it takes to get DID, then why isn't every soap actor in Hollywood cutting off faces and howling at the moon?

Agreed. I just never really like the DID thing. Different identities, a la The Shadow? Yes, that's an awesome gimmick. Split personalities? No thank you, it seems like lazy writing, and makes no sense. Like Ellis said, if acting is all it takes to get DID, then why isn't every soap actor in Hollywood cutting off faces and howling at the moon?
    It's one of the reasons I try to ignore Bendis's run lol It just makes no sense given the character's continuity.

It's one of the reasons I try to ignore Bendis's run lol It just makes no sense given the character's continuity.
    That run still makes me sad. At first I was like, "Bendis and Maleev!!!", MK's hit the big leagues! And then I saw the promo art of MK w/ Spidey & Wolvey arms, and I was like, "WOT".

That run still makes me sad. At first I was like, "Bendis and Maleev!!!", MK's hit the big leagues! And then I saw the promo art of MK w/ Spidey & Wolvey arms, and I was like, "WOT".
    I had high hopes for a run that was as good as his Daredevil, but it was a really terrible premise and it was obvious he had very little respect and understanding of the character as soon as he introduced the gimmick that was Captain Spiderine. Just terrible. Really happy Ellis ignored it as my biggest worry was other writers picking up where he left off. At least he got some great Maleev art.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    He totally deserves one. I don't understand why they went with the Jessica Jones show instead of Moon Knight.

If they wanted a female series there are a crap load of females worthy of a series over that biatch.
    Yes, I think Moon Knight definitely deserves his own series more, I notice a lot of people don't like how the new series seems to be a series of one shots but I think it works really well with a character like Mooney and it would make a good TV show. I think the Jessica Jones series is supposed to be centered around the whole journalism thing which is a good way to bring other characters into the show so maybe he will make an appearance.

If Moon Knight got a movie or TV show, which actor would you guys choose to play Marc Spector?

Might be an odd choice, but I think Naveen Andrews, who played Sayid on LOST, would be a great fit. I don't think Marc is a character that necessarily needs to be played by a white actor, and casting an actor from the Middle East might tie into the mythology in an interesting way.

Also, I have yet to catch up on Wood's run. Does anyone mind spoiling the big twist at the end of issue #9 for me? I'd really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDinosaur View Post
    Might be an odd choice, but I think Naveen Andrews, who played Sayid on LOST, would be a great fit. I don't think Marc is a character that necessarily needs to be played by a white actor, and casting an actor from the Middle East might tie into the mythology in an interesting way.
    Someone suggested Karl Urban a while back and I couldn't see anyone else in the role since then. Otherwise, I'd be on board for Andrews. Might even be able to tie him closer to his Egyptian mythology, as you said.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDinosaur View Post
    Also, I have yet to catch up on Wood's run. Does anyone mind spoiling the big twist at the end of issue #9 for me? I'd really appreciate it.
    spoilers:
    Khonshu leaves Marc and chooses his psychiatrist as his new avatar to exact revenge on the warlord who destroyed her village because Marc refused to do it
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 11-25-2014 at 07:10 AM.

I think Edward Norton would be great. He has experience playing crazy (Fight Club) and is also nuanced and talented enough to prevent Moon Knight from becoming a generic action role.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk_Guy View Post
    I think Edward Norton would be great. He has experience playing crazy (Fight Club) and is also nuanced and talented enough to prevent Moon Knight from becoming a generic action role.
    He's scrawny and not Jewish enough.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by super-turtle View Post
    Yes, I think Moon Knight definitely deserves his own series more, I notice a lot of people don't like how the new series seems to be a series of one shots but I think it works really well with a character like Mooney and it would make a good TV show. I think the Jessica Jones series is supposed to be centered around the whole journalism thing which is a good way to bring other characters into the show so maybe he will make an appearance.

If Moon Knight got a movie or TV show, which actor would you guys choose to play Marc Spector?
    Agreed on MK series.

Actor: I've been tooting Anson Mount's (Hell on Wheels) horn for awhile now. He could play any variant of the character and can change his look easily (fit the clean cut or the Bottom era Marc no problem.)
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Is View Post
    He's scrawny and not Jewish enough.
    He was huge in American History X