View Poll Results: Who should be Dick Grayson's greatest enemy?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tony Zucco (reimagined perhaps?)

0 0%
  • Two Face

4 11.43%
  • Deathstroke

26 74.29%
  • Blockbuster II

0 0%
  • Black Mask

2 5.71%
  • The Penguin

0 0%
  • Red Hood

3 8.57%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Shouldn't Deathstroke be the Joker to Nightwing's Batman?

Nightwing is at his best leading the Titans or whtever you call the team with Starfire, Cyborg, Beastboy, Raven, Donna and Kid Flash (and give or take that's the combination that has them at their best without looking like sidekicks, rookies or nannies of younger heroes). But even if he is alone, I think there can't be a bigger more popular enemy for Deathstroke than Nightwing and vice versa.

I like Deathstroke, and he's probably the closest Dick has, but Deathstroke has too much solo potential.

Btw, u forgot James Jr.

Wow this is really one-sided.

Pre-Flashpoint, I would've said James Jr would most definitely be a contender for that spot, right alongside Deathstroke, though Slade edges him out. New 52 however, James is too firmly tethered to Barbara to be Dick's top arch nemesis. And whatever history Dick & Slade share at this point has to be questioned, as it seems much of it has been negated. Some of the Titans stuff likely happened, but Dick mentoring Rose & then turning her against Deathstroke, and his subsequent involvement with bombing Bludhaven are instances that made their rivalry much more personal, but now no longer exist.

Black Mask has the gruesome visage and overall presentation to make for a good new Dick Grayson enemy. Either him or Red Hood if he goes full villain would be a worthy foil for Dick.

Deathstroke, on the other hand, now seems like he could be a good Luthor/Joker arch-villain type for Green Arrow in the comics, esp after watching the ARROW TV show, where Slade basically was that against Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Black Mask has the gruesome visage and overall presentation to make for a good new Dick Grayson enemy. Either him or Red Hood if he goes full villain would be a worthy foil for Dick.

Deathstroke, on the other hand, now seems like he could be a good Luthor/Joker arch-villain type for Green Arrow in the comics, esp after watching the ARROW TV show, where Slade basically was that against Oliver.
    But, until at least now, the TV show has next-to-nothing to do with the comic book.

What's the point in giving Dick a villain?

They'll just be given to someone else (like Batman, Batgirl, Batwing, Green Arrow, Hawkman, etc) anyways leaving Dick back where he started.

...with that said, the answer is Slade (although James Jr had insane potential pre-52 where he was the sociopathic dark mirror version of Dick and not...whatever psychopathic mess he is now). I also really like the idea of Prof Pyg (he should NEVER have been given to Bruce), or the Court of Owls (see previous bracketed comment).
    Pulling: Spider-Gwen, All New Captain America, Ms Marvel, Secret Six, Daredevil, Uncanny X-Men, Grayson, Batman, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, A-Force, Cyborg, Starfire

Id say that thus far, through sheer volume of accumulated material, the only true contenders for Dick's greatest villain are Smart Blockbuster and Deathstroke. For me, Deathstroke wins out, as Blockbuster always felt like a kingpin knock off.

That said, in our current era niether of these villains have been apportioned to Dick. I'm excited to see what King and Seely have in store for us with their attempt at an arch nemesis.

it seems though, that Dick's chief trouble when it comes to developing a rogues gallery is that every author tries to reinvent the wheel, and so few will look back at rogues he's dealt with in the past.

BANNED

Does Dick still have a bootprint permanently on his arse as deathstroke has been kicking it so many times since young ?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I like Deathstroke, and he's probably the closest Dick has, but Deathstroke has too much solo potential.

Btw, u forgot James Jr.
    And Professor Pyg. I hate that polls can't be edited.

Amazing Member

Owlman Earth-3

BANNED

I said this before ....Deathwing ! Haha !

Astonishing Member

Deathstroke is much too powerful for Nightwing. He would destroy him. Not even Batman could handle Deathstroke by himself. He would have to resort to trickery all the time. That is assuming the New 52 Deathstroke is on the same power/skill level compared to the pre 52.

Spectacular Member dick_wingnut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    I said this before ....Deathwing ! Haha !

Deathwing 4 lyfe

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Deathstroke is much too powerful for Nightwing. He would destroy him. Not even Batman could handle Deathstroke by himself. He would have to resort to trickery all the time. That is assuming the New 52 Deathstroke is on the same power/skill level compared to the pre 52.
    In fact, Batman did manage to take down Deathstroke all by himself pre New 52. Using a trick of course.