Default Could this be a potential weakness of a seductive mind controlling ability?

I watched the Agents of Shield episode featuring Lorelei and I started to wonder I know she and Enchantress have the power to make men fall in love with them and even get them to do what ever they want but does the person's perception of love/lust factor in it? Like say you have a man who by all appearances seems well adjusted and nice but underneath in his heart of hearts he's a psycho whose idea of love is killing the object of his affection. Could that be a potential weakness?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yeah, that could be. If his idea of love is expressed through violence and bloodshed, then unless you're an Asgardian who's still significantly tougher and stronger than a mere mortal, you're pretty much boned. I wonder why that doesn't get explored more. Like if a man uses that power on a woman, he accidentally ends up with a yandere, someone driven to kill anyone who stands in the way of them being together or even the seducer himself if he seems insufficiently faithful. Or a tsundere whose idea of expressing affection is to verbally and even physically abuse the object of her affection because she can't deal with actually admitting such feelings to him (or her).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

In Burbaker's run on Daredevil a woman is given pheromone powers that basically make her irresistible to he point of violence by all men. Basically, she seems like a template for Fatale.

On the British show Misfits (about teen delinquents who get superpowers) there is a character called Alisha, whose power was every man that touched her wanted to sleep with her. It led to her getting in dangerous situations if touched a guy, and revealed hidden desires of some of the guys. It was a good show... at least the first two seasons were.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    I watched the Agents of Shield episode featuring Lorelei and I started to wonder I know she and Enchantress have the power to make men fall in love with them and even get them to do what ever they want but does the person's perception of love/lust factor in it? Like say you have a man who by all appearances seems well adjusted and nice but underneath in his heart of hearts he's a psycho whose idea of love is killing the object of his affection. Could that be a potential weakness?
    No because it's not really love it's mind control thus the desire to kill even in a psycho is blocked like Robocop's prime directive.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    On the British show Misfits (about teen delinquents who get superpowers) there is a character called Alisha, whose power was every man that touched her wanted to sleep with her. It led to her getting in dangerous situations if touched a guy, and revealed hidden desires of some of the guys. It was a good show... at least the first two seasons were.
    I would say the first 3 seasons were good
    We need better comics