Page 92 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1583

Quote Originally Posted by Bslythegamerguy View Post
    They should do King Tiger and Barb Wire as 6 issue mini's and then relaunch X and Captain Midnight as 6 issue mini's, thus creating a universe of revolving mini's showcasing your core characters. You'll always have a hot new #1 to promote.
    True. In a perfect world, we would each be getting our favorite PBS character(s) on a monthly basis without end -- whether it's Captain Midnight, X, Ghost, etc. But I can't help but feel that the publishing model of ongoing monthly is getting to be more and more difficult to sustain. So the model of the rotating mini-series may be the next best thing. It makes me think back to the early days of Hellboy, when Migniola would essentially do what seemed like one mini per year. At the time I thought it would so great to see Hellboy in the form of a regular monthly series; but that just wasn't the case. But still, I looked forward to the issues when they did show up; and there was a sense of anticipation and of them being special.

I was a big fan of the original Ghost series back during its run and was sad to see it end in 2000; so I was doubly heart-broken to see Ghost shelved again in February. Personally I would be content to see Ghost show up as an annual special, or once a year is a mini rather than wait another decade (or more).
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Quote Originally Posted by Aomalle27 View Post
    How the heck are spoilers:
    Fang and Hollow still alive? Hollow had a plane dropped on him, and Fang was killed by Helios, or is that Fang's brother, who was killed by the shark? Either way...
    end of spoilersfantastic issue, lots of plot points, and great cliffhangers on many fronts . Psyched I still have three issues to look forward to.
    I think they might be clones or something. When Cap dropped that plane on him. I didn't see him getting up lol.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

You want to fix Project Black Sky and keep it going? This is how it can be done. I wrote this up the other day and finally posted it to the blog, I truly believe this is the best way to allow Project Black Sky to survive.

Check it out.

http://bslydarksky.blogspot.com/2015...black-sky.html

Quote Originally Posted by Javasaurus View Post
    True. In a perfect world, we would each be getting our favorite PBS character(s) on a monthly basis without end -- whether it's Captain Midnight, X, Ghost, etc. But I can't help but feel that the publishing model of ongoing monthly is getting to be more and more difficult to sustain. So the model of the rotating mini-series may be the next best thing. It makes me think back to the early days of Hellboy, when Migniola would essentially do what seemed like one mini per year. At the time I thought it would so great to see Hellboy in the form of a regular monthly series; but that just wasn't the case. But still, I looked forward to the issues when they did show up; and there was a sense of anticipation and of them being special.

I was a big fan of the original Ghost series back during its run and was sad to see it end in 2000; so I was doubly heart-broken to see Ghost shelved again in February. Personally I would be content to see Ghost show up as an annual special, or once a year is a mini rather than wait another decade (or more).
    You, my friend, are a true fan and a wonderful human being. Just thought you should know that. Keep supporting the line and hopefully we will all be rewarded, I say.

You want to fix Project Black Sky and keep it going? This is how it can be done. I wrote this up the other day and finally posted it to the blog, I truly believe this is the best way to allow Project Black Sky to survive.

Check it out.

Very well written and well thought out my friend. I really hope Dark Horse takes notice. I said before it's hard for me to express my love for Captain Midnight. I have come to have great affection for the character and want to see his adventures continue.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Very well written and well thought out my friend. I really hope Dark Horse takes notice. I said before it's hard for me to express my love for Captain Midnight. I have come to have great affection for the character and want to see his adventures continue.
    I've e-mailed and Tweeted the link to Dark Horse, one can only pray they listen. Time shall tell....

Check it out.

Thanks for sharing that; it's a compelling, passionate, and well-articulated piece.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Quote Originally Posted by Javasaurus View Post
    Thanks for sharing that; it's a compelling, passionate, and well-articulated piece.
    The idea is to get people to comment on the piece. If someone writes a piece about something that's a good start, but if other voices get behind it then it's a revolution. I just hope it gets through to the brass at Dark Horse and they see that PBS has a solid and sound base of fans who want (and deserve) more content from the line.

Cool blog post. I posted a comment. Hopefully Dark Horse will take notice.

BANNED

Their stories should at least continue in Dark Horse Presents.

I like the 6 issue story arc idea. I remember someone saying earlier that the 4 issue story arc per TPB (4x2.99=11.96) is too expensive since they sell at 15$. Having this price point at 6 issues per story is a better sell/value.
    PULL LIST;DARK HORSE; Black Hammer, Briggs Land, Cryptocracy, DHP, Surviving Megalopolis, Weird Detective DC; Aquaman VERTIGO; The Clean Room IMAGE; Paper Girls, The One%, Wicked & Divine IDW; Back to the Future, Dirk Gently, The X-Files ONI; Exodus: The Life After ACTION LAB; Puppet Master DYNAMITE; James Bond ARCHIE HORROR; Afterlife with Archie, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina AFTER SHOCK; American Monster, B.E.K., Jack Pot! BLACK MASK; 4Kids Walk Into A Bank & AVATAR; Cinema Purgatorio

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Like everyone else I'm going to be missing X,Ghost and CM.
    Bright side is we are getting other overlooked for too long characters in Barb Wire and King Tiger. Hoping if that's the route for this phase that we all get a chance to fall in lover with revised versions of Vortex, Motorhead and Division 13(could be a good book to launch a concerted head/head push back of PBS).

I'm not the biggest fan of the revolving door mini series. I don't dispute that that caters to retailers and lazy readers as a "jumping on point"(even if it rarely is truly the case).
    The other model is to just write great books AND keep them heavily promoted.

The industry has devolved to a point where a "long running" title is anything past 25. Other than a few titles at both companies it seems once a book hits anything between 18-25 issues it's being cancelled for some reason. Company wide crossover, change of creative team, editorial fiat...something, regardless if the book was selling well. So given that X and Captain Midnight got into the 20's tells me that despite poor marketing both books found an audience that managed to keep them as ongoing published books on par with what the Big2 are doing and be sustanible. Ghost would've as well I believe if there weren't that creative team trip up on the book. So when I hear that a series of mini's is the way to go, I'm just not so sure I agree.

Re-Established CGW/PBS heroes roll call:
    X
    Ghost
    Captain Midnight
    Brain Boy
    Occultist
    Skyman
    Helios
    Barb Wire
    King Tiger

That's 9 characters of varying styles. I know they all might not support a monthly but that number 9 looks familiar...VALIANT is committed to doing 9 titles a month.
    If DH can get these characters into some ongoings and some rotating minis that are as visible month in/month out and promoted with the same fervor then I think we'll have even more to be excited about. Especially if Divison 13, Vortex or Motorhead also get into the mix!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Re-Established CGW/PBS heroes roll call:
    X
    Ghost
    Captain Midnight
    Brain Boy
    Occultist
    Skyman
    Helios
    Barb Wire
    King Tiger
    Is Helios Reintroduced into this PBS world? where did he come from.
    PULL LIST;DARK HORSE; Black Hammer, Briggs Land, Cryptocracy, DHP, Surviving Megalopolis, Weird Detective DC; Aquaman VERTIGO; The Clean Room IMAGE; Paper Girls, The One%, Wicked & Divine IDW; Back to the Future, Dirk Gently, The X-Files ONI; Exodus: The Life After ACTION LAB; Puppet Master DYNAMITE; James Bond ARCHIE HORROR; Afterlife with Archie, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina AFTER SHOCK; American Monster, B.E.K., Jack Pot! BLACK MASK; 4Kids Walk Into A Bank & AVATAR; Cinema Purgatorio

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Helios may be a new character. Unless he was in The Mark minis but it's clear he's a character whose become of some importance the last 2yrs
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Helios may be a new character. Unless he was in The Mark minis but it's clear he's a character whose become of some importance the last 2yrs
    I agree, plus, as he becomes fleshed out, I'm liking him more & more.