Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

Default Dark Horse's PROJECT BLACK SKY: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Brain Boy and more!

Okay, so since the forums have changed and all the previous threads were deleted I figured I'd start a thread for these book in the new independent forum!

This thread will cover X, Ghost, Captain Midnight, Brain Boy, Occultist, Skyman, Blackout, and any other book related to the Dark Horse superhero line. Too bad we had to start over but I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles, I just wish they gave us some warning first.....

Anyhow, here are some links to the two blog posts I created surrounding this line that were re-tweeted by pretty much every creator attached to the line as well as Dark Horse themselves, so if you haven't read them than I'd suggest you take a gander. Enjoy!

http://bslydarksky.blogspot.com/2014...from-dark.html

http://bslydarksky.blogspot.com/2014...omic-book.html

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I got beat, I was writing one up, while I was doing that you beat me to it haha! Glad to have this thread back!

If you guys want the links to the dark horse black sky sites here they are:

http://projectblacksky.net/

and

i watch the sky .com(without the spaces, cbr is not letting me post the link)

Speaking of which, the count down clock on the black sky site is down to 1 day and 1 hour! Who is excited!?
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 04-30-2014 at 03:21 PM.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

I am very excited for tomorrow to see what comes of this countdown clock and all the hints that Dark Horse has dropped. I'm guessing it's going to be the announcement of a new series like Barb Wire, or maybe the official announcement of the upcoming crossover that is supposed to bring these heroes together this summer. It could also just be more information about Project Black Sky as an agency or some in depth information about the FCBD issue that's about to drop. I'm hoping it's something big.

Quote Originally Posted by Bslythegamerguy View Post
    I am very excited for tomorrow to see what comes of this countdown clock and all the hints that Dark Horse has dropped. I'm guessing it's going to be the announcement of a new series like Barb Wire, or maybe the official announcement of the upcoming crossover that is supposed to bring these heroes together this summer. It could also just be more information about Project Black Sky as an agency or some in depth information about the FCBD issue that's about to drop. I'm hoping it's something big.
    Ya I have been thinking it would be "Black Sky's" government website, with a listing all the heroes within the world, which would give us info on whats to come (Barb Wire and what not).
    Pulls:

23 hours. LESS then a day to go! I will be at school when it happens at 5pm tomorrow, but I will try my best to get on and check things out and post here.
    Pulls:

I honestly love this line, even if I don't read all the books. It's just Captain Midnight, Ghost, and X. Used to get Catalyst Comix, but it's over for now. I'll pick up Barb Wire if she gets a solo. When I started reading comics, Valiant had just relaunched and I hopped on that, but those books are missing a spark that these books all seem to have, so I dropped Valiant to follow the Project Black Sky line.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    If you guys want the links to the dark horse black sky sites here they are:

http://projectblacksky.net/

and

i watch the sky .com(without the spaces, cbr is not letting me post the link)
    Doesn't look like anybody has bothered to update the SkyWatchers site since August?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Doesn't look like anybody has bothered to update the SkyWatchers site since August?
    Ya, I am not sure why. Its kinda lame, I really liked that blog. I may tweet them asking for updates lol.

Sorry about that . . . I was using a list from Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ject_Black_Sky) and I wonder if maybe they assumed any title previously tied to Comics Greatest World was automatically now a PBS book?
    I guess they did haha. I fixed it now. Catalyst does not really fit in the PBS world, it was a solo project, not linked to PBS. At least for now. They may put it in, but as it stands its not.
    Pulls:

By the way, does anybody know why Comichron stopped listing sales number info for books from companies like Dark Horse and Dynamite if they weren't in the Top 300?

By the way, does anybody know why Comichron stopped listing sales number info for books from companies like Dark Horse and Dynamite if they weren't in the Top 300?
    It's actually because of diamond. They would release only the Top 300 for some companies before then they switched to the top 400 for all companies for a few months. Then they switched back to the way they did it before. When they switched back I contacted comicchron and diamond to find out why, and this is what I was told.
    Pulls:

Also of note: Dark Horse Presents #200 is going to have an Ape-X story in it, amongst its many other features.

The X preview for issue #13 looks great, every issue of this stellar book just finds ways to move my inner comic book fan. I absolutely adore it.

Also, the FCBD issue was cool beans too, great stuff coming out of DH and this line as a whole. My attention is fully on Project Black Sky and I can't say I'm sad about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bslythegamerguy View Post
    The X preview for issue #13 looks great, every issue of this stellar book just finds ways to move my inner comic book fan. I absolutely adore it.

Also, the FCBD issue was cool beans too, great stuff coming out of DH and this line as a whole. My attention is fully on Project Black Sky and I can't say I'm sad about it.
    Ya I really can't wait for tomorrow the next Black Sky web series comes out. I am loving Black Sky.

I would really like to see what Barb Wire is going to look like now. I am excited for her series. I hope they talk about her at San Diego comic-con at least, if not before then! I am so excited to go to the Dark Horse panel.

Also I am making something very cool, and Black Sky related for SDCC and I hope I will be able to share it with a few of you guys when they are ton~ to show are Black Sky love.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 05-04-2014 at 09:04 PM.
    Pulls:

So who do you guys/gals think is going to be writing Barb Wire? Of all the people in Dark Horse's stable of writers I'm thinking Seeley, Lapham, maybe Simone or DeConnick, seeing as those are pretty popular female writers or maybe even Rucka. I do think that a Rucka written Barb Wire might even become the new flagship title. He would be a pretty big catch for Dark Horse.

http://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/c...omics_project/

FYI Fred Van Lente is currently doing an AMA on reddit.com/comicbooks, pop by and ask questions.
    Last edited by Blastermaster; 05-05-2014 at 12:47 PM.