Page 101 of 106 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1583

Quote Originally Posted by Aomalle27 View Post
    Selling all my PBS stuff... Here's one link
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/Captain-Midnig...726?nav=SEARCH
    If you don't mind me asking.What made you decide to sell? I have the entire Captain Midnight run as well and I love it. It would be very hard for me to part with.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Aomalle27 View Post
    Selling all my PBS stuff... Here's one link
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/Captain-Midnig...726?nav=SEARCH
    still looking for that Occultist One Shot that you're selling. so wish I could find that here in British Columbia. Nigh Impossible and the shipping to Canada from the States is atrocious!
    ONE-SHOT (GUY DAVIS COVER).jpg
    This one and the Skyman Obama variant are the only 2 needed. Well those and the "Don't Fuck with Barb" rare variant of course.
    PULL LIST;DARK HORSE; Black Hammer, Briggs Land, Cryptocracy, DHP, Surviving Megalopolis, Weird Detective DC; Aquaman VERTIGO; The Clean Room IMAGE; Paper Girls, The One%, Wicked & Divine IDW; Back to the Future, Dirk Gently, The X-Files ONI; Exodus: The Life After ACTION LAB; Puppet Master DYNAMITE; James Bond ARCHIE HORROR; Afterlife with Archie, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina AFTER SHOCK; American Monster, B.E.K., Jack Pot! BLACK MASK; 4Kids Walk Into A Bank & AVATAR; Cinema Purgatorio

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO3TkExlY8g

Here is a video of Mike talking about PBS at SDCC. He is pretty much telling the same thing he told me. The characters are not done, they will return but not so connected as before. Looks like they are looking for big names to help, like Adam on Barb covers.

I'm glad PBS is not done, can't wait to see more and for the return of Ghost, hopefully soon haha.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Well at SDCC they said none of these characters are done. So Cap, Ghost and X will be back. Its just a matter of when. Hopefully we hear something soon.
    I hope Duane will still write for X and hopefully Mike Deodato Jr or Stephanie Hans will do the art.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightHour View Post
    I was/am so stoked about a team up book and with the "hint" at the end of Captain Midnight's run, I was ecstatic! Then nothing. No team-up book. No news about a team-up book. (sure, I'm happy that Barb is back along with King Tiger[?] ) You're Right though. They don't seem to be standing behind their Superheroes very well. Every Con news I hear about there is little to no information about this shared world. Right now a Drop will quench my immediate thirst.
    I've been thinking about this lately and am starting to wonder. Dark Horse has already committed to the upcoming Jeff Lemire's "Black Hammer" and Donny Cates/Eliot Rahal's "The Paybacks" – both of which are team books of sorts. I can't help but wonder if DH is going to let these two creator-owned series have the "right of way" for a while; and not push another team book so as not to over-saturate their monthly releases with that particular genre.

Just thinking.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Barb Wire #3 was something of "hurry up and wait" issue. A predator(Barb) baiting her prey(Stormblud) in his own crib...literally. That piece of visual was indeed...odd. This issue had me wondering if indeed Stormblud is somehow an actual displaced Norse deity, stranded on Earth. I did feel like the issue was anti-climatic as by issues end we are more or less where we where when we started, with Stormblud still on the loose. Hoping for a solid issue #4 to tie up things(assuming it's a 4 issue arc of course).
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Barb Wire #3 was something of "hurry up and wait" issue. A predator(Barb) baiting her prey(Stormblud) in his own crib...literally. That piece of visual was indeed...odd. This issue had me wondering if indeed Stormblud is somehow an actual displaced Norse deity, stranded on Earth. I did feel like the issue was anti-climatic as by issues end we are more or less where we where when we started, with Stormblud still on the loose. Hoping for a solid issue #4 to tie up things(assuming it's a 4 issue arc of course).
    First item: I am really behind on my reading of late. Second item: this was at the top of my stack.

I enjoyed this issue. Granted, the previous issues did seem to cover more ground in terms of character and story development. So this issue does seem a little one-dimensional in comparison. But I've come to enjoy the dialogue and how it helps reveal the personalities of the characters; and this issue delivers in that department.

While it does play out as primarily a cat-and-mouse episode; it does a good job of defining just how dangerous Stormblud is. He has been a source of comedy from the beginning; but we finally get to see that he can be a violent, living wrecking machine who would probably crush the life out of someone if given enough reason. Consequently we get to see Barb really do her thing and try to out-think a larger opponent. But even her quick wits aren't a certainty as Stormblud is still not a done deal.

For me, this was an issue that tried to vividly illustrate the level of danger Barb is going to be facing by going after these major-league bounties. It also felt like a cliff-hanger with the unresolved tension between Barb and Stormblud.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

I just managed to read issue #2 of King Tiger. It felt like a good continuation from issue #1; the tension is building and the stakes are raised dramatically. With this mini-series, it looks like we will finally get to see beyond the surface of King Tiger's character. Rikki, Milo, and Lookfar also seem to shaping up as characters of substance. I really enjoy it when the supporting characters become developed and significant; as opposed to being little more than moving backdrops that exist for the sake of the main character.

The art on this series is fantastic. Doug Wheatley just has a way of producing richly detailed work that has both clarity and expression.

Regarding Barb Wire: Issue 4

I found this to be good issue and a fun ending to the first arc of this series. There was some fast-paced action in the first half of the issue that made it entertaining. But for me, the real payoff was in the actions of some supporting characters that provided interesting plot twists in the latter part of the book.

This first arc not only set the foundation for an enjoyable character in Barb; but it set the stage for some interesting tensions between her and other recurring characters.

Oh, I'm pretty sure there is a reference to Black Sky, even though they don't come out and say it directly. Perhaps the next arc will build on that.

BANNED

I miss this thread. Any new news for more ongoing solos from PBS characters?

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I miss this thread. Any new news for more ongoing solos from PBS characters?
    I haven't heard any news regarding plans for something new – so we currently have Barb Wire's ongoing and King Tiger's mini series.

Barb just wrapped up its first arc with issue #4 and King Tiger issue #3 just landed last week. I'm enjoying both of them; but it would be great to know if there is anything else just over the horizon.

I keep hoping that a Captain Midnight's Secret Squadron will be a book to get announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I keep hoping that a Captain Midnight's Secret Squadron will be a book to get announced.
    That would be welcome news.

For what it's worth: I just finished issue #3 of the King Tiger mini, and there was a reference to Project Black Sky. This seems interesting to me since there was also a reference in the latest issue of Barb Wire. Black Sky may not be an imprint on these books; but it is definitely an entity that seems to be lurking in the background to varying degrees.

This announcement came today: Barb Wire #8 to be the series finale!

Here’s the final cover to Barb Wire, issue 8 by Adam Hughes for Dark Horse Comics.. And he’s saying goodbye to her in style. Well. Barb Wire’s style anyway. All dressed up with an attitude, for February’s final hoorah.
    I had hoped for at minimum 12 issues so I'm a bit disappointed as it's 4 issues(one arc) less than I had hoped.
    With the other Dark Horse Heroes titles in limbo that makes her two issues in 2016 the sole bearer of DHHeroes fare.
    Dang it, Dark Horse I need an announcement about the rest of your SuperHero line. You've got some good to great characters. Somehow that message needs to get out to that zombie bloke buying an 8th mediocre Avengers title!!

Quote Originally Posted by Javasaurus View Post
    I've been thinking about this lately and am starting to wonder. Dark Horse has already committed to the upcoming Jeff Lemire's "Black Hammer" and Donny Cates/Eliot Rahal's "The Paybacks" – both of which are team books of sorts. I can't help but wonder if DH is going to let these two creator-owned series have the "right of way" for a while; and not push another team book so as not to over-saturate their monthly releases with that particular genre.

Just thinking.
    I was eager for Black Hammer but haven't heard anything about it after I heard it was delayed. I don;t think there is an over-saturation at Dark Horse. The only Publisher I think that over saturates team books is Marvel.
    PULL LIST;DARK HORSE; Black Hammer, Briggs Land, Cryptocracy, DHP, Surviving Megalopolis, Weird Detective DC; Aquaman VERTIGO; The Clean Room IMAGE; Paper Girls, The One%, Wicked & Divine IDW; Back to the Future, Dirk Gently, The X-Files ONI; Exodus: The Life After ACTION LAB; Puppet Master DYNAMITE; James Bond ARCHIE HORROR; Afterlife with Archie, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina AFTER SHOCK; American Monster, B.E.K., Jack Pot! BLACK MASK; 4Kids Walk Into A Bank & AVATAR; Cinema Purgatorio