Page 102 of 106 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1583

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I had hoped for at minimum 12 issues so I'm a bit disappointed as it's 4 issues(one arc) less than I had hoped.
    With the other Dark Horse Heroes titles in limbo that makes her two issues in 2016 the sole bearer of DHHeroes fare.
    Dang it, Dark Horse I need an announcement about the rest of your SuperHero line. You've got some good to great characters. Somehow that message needs to get out to that zombie bloke buying an 8th mediocre Avengers title!!
    12 issues was the same minimum number lurking in my mind. I'm disappointed because I've really been enjoying this incarnation of Barb. The first arc really set the stage with some good characters and possible story elements; and it would have been fun to see how they played out.

With the King Tiger mini series wrapping up next month, this does leave Barb Wire as the sole representative of the CGW/Black Sky realm. After she exits, it's going to be a barren landscape if no other news appears.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Read King Tiger #3 last night and the one page with a few panels about Project Black Sky monitoring station was nice to see!! I'm really enjoying this mini and the revelation about Tiger being 1/2 or part demon is intriguing and helps explain him even more! His warped family could lead to plenty of stories just in and of itself. I could see factions splitting off, going against each other, neutral, siding with Tiger not to mention other supernatural areas the character could go.
    Crossovers with Ghost and help with the demons she is fighting. With Captain Midnight and any alien threats w/use of Tiger's mystical magic. What about Blackout? That zone he enters could be revealed as one with demonic or other worldly dangers. Then there is the Occultist.

I mean hot damn this Universe is ripe for exploring and I'm just a layman!!

Barb #4 is up next for me.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Read King Tiger #3 last night and the one page with a few panels about Project Black Sky monitoring station was nice to see!! I'm really enjoying this mini and the revelation about Tiger being 1/2 or part demon is intriguing and helps explain him even more! His warped family could lead to plenty of stories just in and of itself. I could see factions splitting off, going against each other, neutral, siding with Tiger not to mention other supernatural areas the character could go.
    Crossovers with Ghost and help with the demons she is fighting. With Captain Midnight and any alien threats w/use of Tiger's mystical magic. What about Blackout? That zone he enters could be revealed as one with demonic or other worldly dangers. Then there is the Occultist.

I mean hot damn this Universe is ripe for exploring and I'm just a layman!!

Barb #4 is up next for me.
    For me, part of the fun in seeing the Black Sky reference in King Tiger was that they seemed totally unprepared for what was going on. It showed that they don't necessarily have eyes and ears everywhere; nor are they perfectly equipped to handle every kind of threat that might pop up.

It's a fun story so far; and I'm looking forward to seeing issue #4.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Barb Wire #4 - So Barb and Co. got screwed out of their bounty by Mace but the twist is that the Bar is saved by the same screwball. I loved her closing, shouted remark, to Mace.."don't call me Babe"!! LOL! Is it possible those were Black Sky agents that took Stormblud into custody?
    The only hanging question I have is this: The bar is safe, but what of the Mayor's gentrification plans for the docks? That was discussed in issue 2, the mayor reshaping that area.

Knowing I only have FIVE scheduled issues left in my Dark Horse Heroes stable I'm going to be eagerly awaiting news on future titles at year's end/beginning '16!!
    Last edited by Captain Craig; 10-30-2015 at 11:25 AM.

Barb Wire #4 - So Barb and Co. got screwed out of their bounty by Mace but the twist is that the Bar is saved by the same screwball. I loved her closing, shouted remark, to Mace.."don't call me Babe"!! LOL! Is it possible those were Black Sky agents that took Stormblud into custody?
    The only hanging question I have is this: The bar is safe, but what of the Mayor's gentrification plans for the docks? That was discussed in issue 2, the mayor reshaping that area.

Knowing I only have FIVE scheduled issues left in my Dark Horse Heroes stable I'm going to be eagerly awaiting news on future titles at year's end/beginning '16!!
    I really liked those twists at the end involving Mace. He not only poached Barb's bounty, but he also discredited Hunter by turning around and saving the bar (I'm thinking back to Mace's reply to Hunter's question "Do you think Barb will ever forgive us?"). It gave Mace some substance as a character and made him look like more of a shrewd business man and a strategist as opposed to a street thug. It layed the ground for an interesting relationship between him and Barb in the future. His apparent mind for strategy makes me think that he could also be a significant player on the Steel Harbor landscape. It looks like he doesn't care for the mayor's gentrification plans; and is fighting back in his own way.

I have little doubt that it was Black Sky that took Stormblud into custody. Given Black Sky's presence in the King Tiger mini; I'm beginning to think the organization is still being portrayed as a common foe to some degree.

Just finished reading Barb Wire #5 & I loved it! such a strong character she is. I hope that DH uses here again after this 8 issue run. I really really like this revamped version!
    Plus... spoilers:
    THE MACHINE!!!! Avram Roman is BACK! I loved that character back in the day. I even remember collecting his 4 issue mini
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I like that the shadowy Government Spooks *Cough*Black Sky*Cough* are so heavily involved in this story arc. & that Boogey Man, Holden, that guy actually intimidates me. heheh.
    end of spoilers Well written.

5 stars. The art was excellent and consistent. The writing did what it needed to do and got me really invested in this next story arc. ✮✮✮✮✮
    PULL LIST;DARK HORSE; Black Hammer, Briggs Land, Cryptocracy, DHP, Surviving Megalopolis, Weird Detective DC; Aquaman VERTIGO; The Clean Room IMAGE; Paper Girls, The One%, Wicked & Divine IDW; Back to the Future, Dirk Gently, The X-Files ONI; Exodus: The Life After ACTION LAB; Puppet Master DYNAMITE; James Bond ARCHIE HORROR; Afterlife with Archie, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina AFTER SHOCK; American Monster, B.E.K., Jack Pot! BLACK MASK; 4Kids Walk Into A Bank & AVATAR; Cinema Purgatorio

King Tiger #4, conclusion

This was a fun mini to read. It managed to, even briefly again in this final issue, incorporate Black Sky(like Barb's Book has) thus tying it loosely to Captain Midnight, X, Ghost etc from before. The conclusion to the "family civil war" was actually a bit easy, if not cliche so being fun, as it was, compensated for that.

Hope Dark Horse makes some announcements about what plans they have for the Super Hero Characters soon. Pleas don't let them sit idle Mr.Richardson, please!

I just managed to read issue #5 of Barb Wire and have mixed feelings knowing this is the beginning of the last arc.

It was fun to get a glimpse into Barb's past. This series has done an excellent job of creating a fun, dignified version of Barb. We also get a chance to see what it is like to encounter Black Sky on a personal level; and I have to say that they seem to be creepier than ever.

Once again; it's an issue that makes me want to see what happens next.

BANNED

Merry Christmas fellow PBS fans.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Merry Christmas fellow PBS fans.
    And a belated Happy New Year as well.

With Barb Wire #7 this month and #8 in February wrapping up her title that'll be the end of any PBS related books.

Dark Horse really, really needs to solicit some PBS related fare for us!!

I've been so depressed with Captain Midnight in my folder. I went back an ordered all the trades. I hope they announce something soon.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

As always, I will ask about it at SDCC this year. They keep saying it's not over, so hopefully we will see something soon.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Anyone heard anything new about Captain Midnight?! I really miss the character.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark