Page 103 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1583

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Anyone heard anything new about Captain Midnight?! I really miss the character.
    There is a thread announcing the April 2016 solicitations from Dark Horse. I didn't see anything regarding Captain Midnight. And – apart from the TPB of Barb Wire's closing arc – there isn't anything for any of the other PBS characters either. So the waiting continues.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Javasaurus View Post
    There is a thread announcing the April 2016 solicitations from Dark Horse. I didn't see anything regarding Captain Midnight. And – apart from the TPB of Barb Wire's closing arc – there isn't anything for any of the other PBS characters either. So the waiting continues.
    I hope they'll give us X , Ghost and Captain midnight ongoing solos.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I hope they'll give us X , Ghost and Captain midnight ongoing solos.
    I read that Captain Midnight is cancelled. Bummer... I was looking forward to a possible Captain Midnight/Major Mars crossover... Major Mars was a superhero from the 1940s who fought evil alongside Grag the robot. I sent mail to Dynamite Entertainment about bringing Major Mars & Grag into the modern world... First appearance of Major Mars: Exciting Comics #1 April 1940... Visit www.comics.org and view the cover art to Exciting Comics! And also, please visit www.herogoggles.com for tons of golden-age superheroes and supervillains information!

BANNED

I've watched Deadpool the movie. It was awesome. I was wondering how an X movie will be as interesting as the Deadpool movie.

I've watched Deadpool the movie. It was awesome. I was wondering how an X movie will be as interesting as the Deadpool movie.
    Personally, I haven't seen the Deadpool movie and am not in a hurry to do so. But I am happy that Deadpool fans have something to enjoy.

But as for the question about an X movie? As long as good screenwriting is involved and they stay true to the character as he has been established, it could make for a really enjoyable film. I'd definitely put down my money to see that.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Javasaurus View Post
    Personally, I haven't seen the Deadpool movie and am not in a hurry to do so. But I am happy that Deadpool fans have something to enjoy.

But as for the question about an X movie? As long as good screenwriting is involved and they stay true to the character as he has been established, it could make for a really enjoyable film. I'd definitely put down my money to see that.

I really didn't expect the Deadpool movie to be great because well, we didn't really have great x-men movies. The Deadpool movie was like being done by Marvel Universe (lol). And I thought the movie was just gonna be all about jokes and killing. While the women may feel the movie is a bit gross, but there's a part of the movie that they will like, something I didn't expect. Great job to the whole cast/team of the Deadpool movie.

I hope we'll get an X-movie and I want the other 6 PBS characters to show up, others as support and others as a cameo

[center][/center

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Back when Ghost, X and Captain Midnight were all ending in about the same 4 month span Mike Richardson said we've not seen the last of them, especially Midnight.
    So with Ghost and King Tiger now over for a few months when should we expect some news? San Diego Comic Con? Heroes Con?
    I'd really like to see the Comics Greatest World/PBS characters back on our shelves soon!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Back when Ghost, X and Captain Midnight were all ending in about the same 4 month span Mike Richardson said we've not seen the last of them, especially Midnight.
    So with Ghost and King Tiger now over for a few months when should we expect some news? San Diego Comic Con? Heroes Con?
    I'd really like to see the Comics Greatest World/PBS characters back on our shelves soon!!
    Each month that goes by is a month where I miss these characters. I'm keeping my fingers crossed in hopes that we might at least get some news from San Diego this year.
    Last edited by Javasaurus; 04-22-2016 at 09:47 AM.

I really didn't expect the Deadpool movie to be great because well, we didn't really have great x-men movies. The Deadpool movie was like being done by Marvel Universe (lol). And I thought the movie was just gonna be all about jokes and killing. While the women may feel the movie is a bit gross, but there's a part of the movie that they will like, something I didn't expect. Great job to the whole cast/team of the Deadpool movie.

I hope we'll get an X-movie and I want the other 6 PBS characters to show up, others as support and others as a cameo

[center][/center
    What character is the Grim Reaper? and does anyone know if Dark Horse plans on collect Captain Midnight into an omnibus?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    What character is the Grim Reaper? and does anyone know if Dark Horse plans on collect Captain Midnight into an omnibus?
    I think the Grim Reaper reference applies to the Occultist.

I don't know if DH has any plans to publish Captain Midnight in an omnibus. There is a thread dedicated to the general omnibus/collected topics; so that might be a good place to stop by and ask.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I plan on asking at this year's comic con, if I can. I'm going to be very busy this year most likely, more so then other years, but if Mike is on a panel that I can go to, I plan on asking about Ghost and others. Hopefully he has more info then he did last year.

I know I'll read Ghost again someday, I remain hopeful that my favorite hero will return again.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

So, was anything said / heard about any of the Project Black Sky characters at SDCC that anybody is aware of?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    So, was anything said / heard about any of the Project Black Sky characters at SDCC that anybody is aware of?
    I've been wondering the same thing – especially after reading the Dark Horse SDCC schedule on their website a while back. All of the panels/discussions appeared to have been built around licensed and creator-owned topics; so that seemed to be their focus from what I could see. I didn't see any general panels that would have been a natural platform to discuss or announce plans for the Project Black Sky characters.

My theory is that the Project Black Sky characters are taking a back seat to the materials that offer more in terms of potential revenue and recognition.

I finished captain midnight yesterday. I've enjoyed the series a lot more than i thought i would. I read some of the mini series as well. 2 past midnight, Project Black Sky files, and Skyman. They did an amazing job blending them all. I loved slowly putting all the pieces together to figure out the overall story to Black sky.

SPOILERS!!!!!!!

spoilers:

all the references to superman, fantastic four, and i know i've forgotten some others were great.

I just wish they would have given Captain Midnight an actual ending. The writers have done a good job making the world feel like it has actual consequences. Killing off main characters and villains that we grew to love. And then they go an give a weak ending. I get that they plan on making more captain midnight, but i wish they would have wrapped up all the plot points and could have started new ones with whatever series they make next.
    end of spoilers

End SPOILERS

Do all of the others series have a lot of references to Project Black Sky? The other series seem interesting, but i don't usually go for large amounts of gore and depressing events when i read comics. That's why i've stayed away from Ghost and X.

I don't see anyway to make spoilers tags on here...

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    Do all of the others series have a lot of references to Project Black Sky? The other series seem interesting, but i don't usually go for large amounts of gore and depressing events when i read comics. That's why i've stayed away from Ghost and X.

I don't see anyway to make spoilers tags on here...
    Of all the ongoing series, Captain Midnight was the one that had the most interactions with the Project Black Sky group. I don't recall them ever showing up in Ghost or X.

After those 3 series ended, Dark Horse published the King Tiger mini-series and 8 issues of Barb Wire. Even though neither title was branded as Black Sky titles, the group does show up in both. They make a brief cameo appearance in King Tiger; and they are a major player in the second arc of Barb Wire. Neither of those titles have the amount of gore that you see in X; or the serious tones that Ghost tends to have. In fact, Barb Wire tends to be on the humorous side in my opinion. So if you have enjoyed Project Black Sky as villainous entity in the big picture; those titles are worth checking out, since they are good fits in the overall scheme.

As for spoiler tags: I've never actually tried to post spoilers; so I can't help you there. Perhaps someone else here can.