Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106
Results 1,576 to 1,583 of 1583
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'd only ever heard of Captain Midnight in passing while researching HC books to buy and seen some of that Golden Age 50s(?) fare collected. It didn't grab me.
    When Dark Horse announced he was part of Project Black Sky I was cautiously curious.
    I love, love, love what they did with a character I really knew nothing about. It's honestly a bit of a shame he's a Public Domain character cause with how they crafted Captain Midnight he's a solid cornerstone character to their universe. I'm glad the run went 24 issues and if they bind it into an oversized HR it's an instant buy.

I was also impressed with what they did with the cheesy Gold Key character Brain Boy.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'd only ever heard of Captain Midnight in passing while researching HC books to buy and seen some of that Golden Age 50s(?) fare collected. It didn't grab me.
    When Dark Horse announced he was part of Project Black Sky I was cautiously curious.
    I love, love, love what they did with a character I really knew nothing about. It's honestly a bit of a shame he's a Public Domain character cause with how they crafted Captain Midnight he's a solid cornerstone character to their universe. I'm glad the run went 24 issues and if they bind it into an oversized HR it's an instant buy.

I was also impressed with what they did with the cheesy Gold Key character Brain Boy.
    I know. I knew nothing about the character either and yet after DH got him, he became one of my all time favorite comic book characters. I wish they would say something about PBS and Captain Midnight. They are losing licenses to other characters so they should bring these back
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

If I wanted to get a complete run of every title in the Project Black Sky run, what titles do I need to track down?

Edit: Sorry for necrobumping this for no reason. I just found a pretty comprehensive list.
    Last edited by FrogMan; 02-14-2020 at 04:45 PM.

I miss Project Black Sky. It was interesting, especially X. Would love to have seen how he tied in to the overarching plot. Oh well.

I just redownloaded X and Captain Midnight from the Dark Horse app. There was so much promise, but it seems the market will only support so many shared universes.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

They should still do some thing with the characters though. The occasional mini or something.

Quote Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
    They should still do some thing with the characters though. The occasional mini or something.
    The PBS characters seem solid enough to at least allow for an occasional mini or special of some kind. I'm disappointed that Dark Horse is just letting them collect dust.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I argue the Market can support it. I wager DH(Richardson) has some bar that needs re-evaluating.
    If they did 3-4 ongoings and about 1-2 minis a year or one-shots they could do decent. That is about 1/2 of what VALIANTS output is and they are not shutting down like DH did with Comics Greatest World/PBS(CGW 2.0).
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime