Page 52 of 106 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    And did you like the Skyman oneshot more then his mini? Just wondering.
    I liked it better, but I think that might have been the addition of Cap and PBS involvement. Maybe I'm just not a fan of Skyman.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I've not yet gotten to Skyman OneShot or Ghost #9 this week.

My PBS: Secret Files TPB came in and I read that.

So what was with the uber Parody set up of the book? Dark Horse establishing a multiverse of it's own by tongue in cheek saying their super hero universe runs parallel to the Big 2's Universes is impossible to miss. With that said I would be surprised if Saxon(Wolvie knock off) is actually dead or at the least not revivable.

I enjoyed it to be certain. The last page and dialogue contained seems to set up Barb Wire. Her book focused on fallout from a "Second American Civil War" which was explicitly mentioned. I'd prefer it, this time, to be more figurative in tone than literal. Barb can still be a bounty hunter and a player in a "hidden war" among and around PBS and it's heroes/foes.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I've not yet gotten to Skyman OneShot or Ghost #9 this week.

My PBS: Secret Files TPB came in and I read that.

So what was with the uber Parody set up of the book? Dark Horse establishing a multiverse of it's own by tongue in cheek saying their super hero universe runs parallel to the Big 2's Universes is impossible to miss. With that said I would be surprised if Saxon(Wolvie knock off) is actually dead or at the least not revivable.

I enjoyed it to be certain. The last page and dialogue contained seems to set up Barb Wire. Her book focused on fallout from a "Second American Civil War" which was explicitly mentioned. I'd prefer it, this time, to be more figurative in tone than literal. Barb can still be a bounty hunter and a player in a "hidden war" among and around PBS and it's heroes/foes.
    No, I think it was not them saying they run in parallel with DC and Marvel lol. They were talking about them being fun parodies is all, there spin on already made heroes and to set up more about PBS. I don't think they were intended to say, yes we run along parallel to DC and Marvel XD haha, though it would be interesting.

And I would be ok with Saxon being alive. He could be a interesting ally for our heroes.

While that could be a set up for Barb Wire, and I could be wrong here do to me not reading Barb's comic in sometime (even though I have them, I plan to reread them before her series starts), I believe the 2nd American Civil War was only something talked about in her movie and not in the comic.

I don't think there was a 2nd American Civil war in the comics...at least maybe not till Ace of Spaces XD. And if they base it off of that Barb we are in for problems haha. As that is not really the best Barb, since she was based on Pam from the movie :P. But I could be wrong, like I said, I have not read her comics in a while.

But I would love her has a bounty hunter player in a hidden war. Be it Heroes and Black Sky vs Archon or Heroes vs Black Sky. I am hoping for the first one, cause I feel like that is coming up sooner. So thanks for posting that interesting idea, it would be a good set up for Barb in a way.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 11-11-2014 at 06:56 AM.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

BANNED

Ape X sounds like something I'd be into!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Sweet! Thanks for sharing! I have to get this now. I love Ape X! I hope they do the same ASL think as before. I was wondering if Black Sky stuff would show up in DHP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Ape X sounds like something I'd be into!!!
    He was in the latest FCBD issue. If you want to check it out, they have it free on Dark Horse digital site I believe. He is a interesting character!
    Pulls:

BANNED

Well, I just read it and HOLY SH*T it was incredible. There aren't many comics out there that keep me on the edge of my seat, but this was one of them. I also need to start checking out Capt. Midnight. I like the whole man out of time element. I only read X and Ghost. Skyman didn't appeal to me. Sorry for the life story lol.
    Sweet! Thanks for sharing! I have to get this now. I love Ape X! I hope they do the same ASL think as before. I was wondering if Black Sky stuff would show up in DHP.

He was in the latest FCBD issue. If you want to check it out, they have it free on Dark Horse digital site I believe. He is a interesting character!

Well, I just read it and HOLY SH*T it was incredible. There aren't many comics out there that keep me on the edge of my seat, but this was one of them. I also need to start checking out Capt. Midnight. I like the whole man out of time element. I only read X and Ghost. Skyman didn't appeal to me. Sorry for the life story lol.
    I am sure you will love Captain Midnight! Brain Boy is really good too. And a lot of people did not thing Skyman was that great. His one shot was good. What did you think of Ghost and X? And no need to be sorry! We are glad you are here and joining us in conversation.
    Pulls:

BANNED

I am sure you will love Captain Midnight! Brain Boy is really good too. And a lot of people did not thing Skyman was that great. His one shot was good. What did you think of Ghost and X? And no need to be sorry! We are glad you are here and joining us in conversation.
    X is simply a love letter to all the dark and gritty superhero comics I love, so it didn't take long for me to LOVE it. Ghost had to grow on me a little bit and it did. I love her design too, it's simple but it's eye catching.

X is simply a love letter to all the dark and gritty superhero comics I love, so it didn't take long for me to LOVE it. Ghost had to grow on me a little bit and it did. I love her design too, it's simple but it's eye catching.
    Glad to hear that! I am always happy to hear PBS has more fans. Have you checked out any of the miniseries other then skyman?

Also have you joined the facebook fan group? If you have one haha.
    Pulls:

BANNED

Glad to hear that! I am always happy to hear PBS has more fans. Have you checked out any of the miniseries other then skyman?

Also have you joined the facebook fan group? If you have one haha.
    I found it and I sent a request.

BANNED

I have posted an image of PBS character on the x-forum particularly on this thread: http://community.comicbookresources....d-is-new-again

I just wanted more people to at least recognize them and hopefully get interested.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=24611

Preview for Ghost issue 10, out Dec. 3, 2014! I am pretty excited. This arc has been great so far and I can't wait to see where it goes.
    Pulls:

BANNED

Sometimes, I really feel weird of coming here since I don't have any of PBS comics.

Should I stop coming here until I get one?

I just feel out of place sometimes.

X#19..... wow what an issue. Really building this arc to a mighty crecendo. Heide, X all scarred/skinned, and Ruidoso and Leigh wondering what to do; lots of new input into what X is, and some interesting insight into the machinations that play in X's head. Phenomenal issue, only complaint is I have to wait til next month to get the conclusion.