Page 56 of 106 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

By the way, does anybody know why Comichron stopped listing sales number info for books from companies like Dark Horse and Dynamite if they weren't in the Top 300?

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    By the way, does anybody know why Comichron stopped listing sales number info for books from companies like Dark Horse and Dynamite if they weren't in the Top 300?
    It's actually because of diamond. They would release only the Top 300 for some companies before then they switched to the top 400 for all companies for a few months. Then they switched back to the way they did it before. When they switched back I contacted comicchron and diamond to find out why, and this is what I was told.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    It's actually because of diamond. They would release only the Top 300 for some companies before then they switched to the top 400 for all companies for a few months. Then they switched back to the way they did it before. When they switched back I contacted comicchron and diamond to find out why, and this is what I was told.
    Yep. It's so sad we cannot see the sales of PBS.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Yep. It's so sad we cannot see the sales of PBS.
    What's really so sad is that PBS sales through Diamond are so low that they don't squeeze onto the Top 300.

Hopefully they get a good number of digital buyers as well, but I don't know of any place that would provide that information.

What's really so sad is that PBS sales through Diamond are so low that they don't squeeze onto the Top 300.

Hopefully they get a good number of digital buyers as well, but I don't know of any place that would provide that information.
    I don't know if they are that low though. For some companies they show stuff that are lower the 3,000. It just seems for Dark Horse they don't show things that are under 6,400ish. So Ghost could still be in the 6k, and X and Cap could be in the 3 still. We don't know. No one should get there hopes down. Dark Horse seems to be dedicated to PBS and show no signs of ending the line at all.

Let's try to stay hopeful everyone haha.

Also for those who don't own all of the PBS issues to date, or to those who want to own them all digitally here is a nice bundle for the hoildays:
    Project Black Sky MegaBundle

Jump into Dark Horse’s superhero universe, Project Black Sky. Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Skyman, The Occultist, and Brain Boy are all included in this limited time MegaBundle
    http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/1913/d...-revenge-verse

I think that meand it includes everything PBS up to date. If so 99 dollars seems like a deal to me. Cause there is over 100 PBS comics I am sure.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 11-23-2014 at 06:35 PM.
    Pulls:

100? Hmmm, I don't know if there's been 100.
    Ghost had a 4 part mini and 9 issues of ongoing
    Blackout was 4 part mini
    Brainboy had a one shot then a 3 part mini? and Gestalt was what. a 4 parter?
    X had 0 issue and they're on 19 now
    Cap has 17 issues, plus a 0
    Skyman a 4 part mini and a one shot
    Occultist had 1 shot, a 3 part mini, and a 5 part mini
    FCBD
    Two past midnight TPB
    Secret Files of Project Black Sky TPB
    that what? 78 although 2 are TPB which run expensive
    Am I missing anything? Overstate anyhing?
    MegaBundle is still a HUGE deal with all that if its included
    Last edited by Aomalle27; 11-24-2014 at 02:38 AM.

Also of note: Dark Horse Presents #200 is going to have an Ape-X story in it, amongst its many other features.

Quote Originally Posted by Aomalle27 View Post
    Am I missing anything? Overstate anyhing?
    There's Ghost #0 and also a story in DHP about Blackout that is his origin that should be a #0 as well. I don't know if they'd include that but it is found in the TPB.
    PULL LIST;DARK HORSE; Black Hammer, Briggs Land, Cryptocracy, DHP, Surviving Megalopolis, Weird Detective DC; Aquaman VERTIGO; The Clean Room IMAGE; Paper Girls, The One%, Wicked & Divine IDW; Back to the Future, Dirk Gently, The X-Files ONI; Exodus: The Life After ACTION LAB; Puppet Master DYNAMITE; James Bond ARCHIE HORROR; Afterlife with Archie, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina AFTER SHOCK; American Monster, B.E.K., Jack Pot! BLACK MASK; 4Kids Walk Into A Bank & AVATAR; Cinema Purgatorio

Ya ok maybe it's not over 100, I never did the math. It was a guess lol. But if it still includes all of the stuff, it's still a really good deal in my eyes.
    Pulls:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Its time DH expand this line beyond just 3 books. What other CGW or Dell character would you like to see join this line in 2015?
    This is from a while ago, but I'd love to see DH do a take on Dell's astonishingly badly thought out take on the Universal Monsters: Frankenstein, Dracula and Werewolf. No idea how they could salvage them, but when it comes to Dell, they're one of the things that comes to mind for me.

Another thing about the PBS stuff that's annoying: the tpb collections often seem to cover four issues, which would be a total of $11.96 if each of those issues was $2.99 cover price. But the tpb collections are usually priced at $14.99? What's up with that?

(And, yeah, I know there are places to get them for way less, but still, . . . )

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    This is from a while ago, but I'd love to see DH do a take on Dell's astonishingly badly thought out take on the Universal Monsters: Frankenstein, Dracula and Werewolf. No idea how they could salvage them, but when it comes to Dell, they're one of the things that comes to mind for me.
    That would be interesting, those characters are public domain right?
    Another thing about the PBS stuff that's annoying: the tpb collections often seem to cover four issues, which would be a total of $11.96 if each of those issues was $2.99 cover price. But the tpb collections are usually priced at $14.99? What's up with that?

(And, yeah, I know there are places to get them for way less, but still, . . . )
    They normally come with some bonus exclusive stuff too. Like Ghost Vol 2 came with exclusive art. I think they are worth the little bit extra. Also the reason it's only 4 issues is cause PBS arcs are only 4 issues long. So each TPB is one complete story. Which I would rather have then a full arc and part of a incomplete story.
    Pulls:

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    . . . They normally come with some bonus exclusive stuff too. Like Ghost Vol 2 came with exclusive art. I think they are worth the little bit extra. Also the reason it's only 4 issues is cause PBS arcs are only 4 issues long. So each TPB is one complete story. Which I would rather have then a full arc and part of a incomplete story.
    I'd rather have a lower price tag on the tpb copy . . . like four issues plus extras for maybe a $12.99 cover price instead of a $14.99 cover price?

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightHour View Post
    There's Ghost #0 and also a story in DHP about Blackout that is his origin that should be a #0 as well. I don't know if they'd include that but it is found in the TPB.
    I included the Ghost zero as part of the "4part mini" I mentioned. The mini was actually a 3 part mini with the zero issue tied in, thus 4 part mini i should've been more precise. X also had a story in DHP, but it was reprinted in X 0, so I didn't include it, Im hoping they do the same with Blackout

Quote Originally Posted by Aomalle27 View Post
    I included the Ghost zero as part of the "4part mini" I mentioned. The mini was actually a 3 part mini with the zero issue tied in, thus 4 part mini i should've been more precise. X also had a story in DHP, but it was reprinted in X 0, so I didn't include it, Im hoping they do the same with Blackout
    there are 5 issues in the mini. vol 1.jpg
    PULL LIST;DARK HORSE; Black Hammer, Briggs Land, Cryptocracy, DHP, Surviving Megalopolis, Weird Detective DC; Aquaman VERTIGO; The Clean Room IMAGE; Paper Girls, The One%, Wicked & Divine IDW; Back to the Future, Dirk Gently, The X-Files ONI; Exodus: The Life After ACTION LAB; Puppet Master DYNAMITE; James Bond ARCHIE HORROR; Afterlife with Archie, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina AFTER SHOCK; American Monster, B.E.K., Jack Pot! BLACK MASK; 4Kids Walk Into A Bank & AVATAR; Cinema Purgatorio