Page 6 of 106 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Rand's Other Fist View Post
    Apologies if this has been asked before (I shall lash myself 25 times if it has) but I'm quite interested in checking out X as it sounds pretty cool and I've read some Swierczynski and enjoyed his work.

With this Project Black Sky stuff though, would I end up being out of my depth were I just to read X? I'm not sure I want to get bogged down in any huge crossover even though it may be brilliant, so wouldn't want to buy up the past issues if it just means I'd have to broaden my net (and wallet!) to get more titles in order to understand what's going on.

Cheers in advance!
    All the individual books read independent within the universe, no need to read the entire line if you choose not to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Rand's Other Fist View Post
    Apologies if this has been asked before (I shall lash myself 25 times if it has) but I'm quite interested in checking out X as it sounds pretty cool and I've read some Swierczynski and enjoyed his work.

With this Project Black Sky stuff though, would I end up being out of my depth were I just to read X? I'm not sure I want to get bogged down in any huge crossover even though it may be brilliant, so wouldn't want to buy up the past issues if it just means I'd have to broaden my net (and wallet!) to get more titles in order to understand what's going on.

Cheers in advance!

Get it! You will not regret it.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bslythegamerguy View Post
    All the individual books read independent within the universe, no need to read the entire line if you choose not to.
    Yep, like I keep saying, that is one huge thing that I love about Project Black Sky, yes I read it all cause I love it. But I don't have to, and they are making sure of it. With DC and Marvel, most of the time you have to read everything or at least a lot (during cross overs and such) in order to understand stuff. With this, no need! And they are sticking to it as well!

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Get it! You will not regret it.
    Have you read them yet? I recall you saying you have not cause you live far away where they dont sell them. Just wondering what you think so far and how far are you into it?
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 05-13-2014 at 09:15 PM.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Yep, like I keep saying, that is one huge thing that I love about Project Black Sky, yes I read it all cause I love it. But I don't have to, and they are making sure of it. With DC and Marvel, most of the time you have to read everything or at least a lot (during cross overs and such) in order to understand stuff. With this, no need! And they are sticking to it as well!

Have you read them yet? I recall you saying you have not cause you live far away where they dont sell them. Just wondering what you think so far and how far are you into it?
    Nope. I just read previews, reviews and sales. But I did say I am planning to get his comics. That's how crazy I am for him as an X fan. I don't know if I'm gonna like it or not ( though reviews and most of you here say it is a good book ), but I'm willing to waste my money for him. I am still saving money and when I have extra, ( because the Storm ongoing solo series is my top priority ) prolly within 4 months, then I will get his too, starting from X #0.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Nope. I just read previews, reviews and sales. But I did say I am planning to get his comics. That's how crazy I am for him as an X fan. I don't know if I'm gonna like it or not ( though reviews and most of you here say it is a good book ), but I'm willing to waste my money for him. I am still saving money and when I have extra, ( because the Storm ongoing solo series is my top priority ) prolly within 4 months, then I will get his too, starting from X #0.
    Sweet! Well they are really enjoyable! I am sure you will like them! The trades will be out by then, so to safe money you could get those!

Off topic: Storm has a ongoing solo series? 0,0.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 05-13-2014 at 09:46 PM.
    Pulls:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Sweet! Well they are really enjoyable! I am sure you will like them! The trades will be out by then, so to safe money you could get those!
    Thank you. And I have a question for you on X'es appreciation thread. Hehehe.

All-New Member

Default Captain Midnight

Dynamite's Captain Midnight gets better with each issue. Number 10 was awesome. Great story and art for just $2.99. A key death done right. A villain who thinks he's doing the right thing and not being just evil. Yep, pick this up.
    Captain-Midnight-10.jpg

The name of this thread should be Captain Midnight is AMAZING! LOL! I LOVE the character and the book is easily one I look forward to each and every month.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

it quickly became one of my favorite comics after the first few issues.

Quote Originally Posted by usually View Post
    Dynamite's Captain Midnight
    Dark Horse :P

Anyways ya! Captain Midnight rocks! I am loving it. Though I do wish that people would post in the main stickyed thread and not make new ones :P I get it, but these normally just loss posts after a while, and I think having one big main thread is cool. But oh well I dont mind to much. (Just make sure to post you love in the main thread as well. Thanks!)
    Pulls:

So, who would be a good fit to play X and Captain Midnight in a movie? Any takers.....?

I've got to believe that film is Dark Horse's long term desire with these characters, that seems to be the desire of most comic companies at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bslythegamerguy View Post
    So, who would be a good fit to play X and Captain Midnight in a movie? Any takers.....?

I've got to believe that film is Dark Horse's long term desire with these characters, that seems to be the desire of most comic companies at this point.
    They tried that once, Barb Wire did not work. They were working on a Ghost movie too, but it never went anywhere. No idea about Ghost or X, but the poster to Ultraviolet had always thought of Ghost while watching that. So my guess for Ghost is Milla Jovovich

Also solicitations for Aug 2014 are up:
    Brain Boy: The Men from G.E.S.T.A.L.T. #4 (of 4)
    Fred Van Lente (W), Freddie Williams II (P/Cover), Jeremy Colwell (C), and Dan Scott (Cover)
    On sale Aug 20
    FC, 32 pages
    $2.99
    Miniseries
    The president is in danger! The White House is under siege!
    Brain Boy and his handler, the deadly secret agent known as Faraday, are locked in a psychic battle. But which one is trying to save the leader of the free world, and which one is trying to kill him? Which one of them is a pawn of the mysterious Men from G.E.S.T.A.L.T.? This turbulent climax will extend your cerebral cortex to its very limits.
    “This book has action, mystery, the supernatural, humor, and fantastic visuals; the whole package.”—All-Comic

Captain Midnight #14
    Joshua Williamson (W), Manuel Garcia (P), Bit (I), Marta Martínez (C), and Declan Shalvey and Jordie Bellaire (Cover)
    On sale Aug 27
    FC, 32 pages
    $2.99
    Ongoing
    Time is running out for Captain Midnight, as Tempus ups the stakes by taking a small town hostage. Faced with an awful choice, Captain Midnight can only protect the innocent townsfolk by releasing his dangerous inventions to a lunatic. It’s the good of the many or the good of the few, and Cap doesn’t have much time to decide: Save the hostages or protect the world?
    • One of Comic Book Resources’ nine titles you should be reading!
    “Project Black Sky is a pretty bold initiative for Dark Horse . . . With their flagship offering in this line . . . they have nailed it.”—Comic Bastards

Ghost #7
    Chris Sebela (W), Jan Duursema (P), Dan Parsons (I), Dan Jackson (C), and Jenny Frison (Cover)
    On sale Aug 6
    FC, 32 pages
    $2.99
    Ongoing
    Ghost is drawn into the dangerous underground of black market weaponry!
    The tech-savvy bounty hunter observing Ghost has pinpointed her weaknesses—and now he’s ready to take her down and deliver her to his mysterious employers!
    “Loaded with mystery and drama, set against a fantastically large supernatural backdrop.”—Comic Vine
    “Everything you could hope for.”—Multiversity

X #16
    Duane Swierczynski (W), Eric Nguyen (A), Michelle Madsen (C), and Tony Parker (Cover)
    On sale Aug 13
    FC, 32 pages
    $2.99
    Ongoing
    X has faced some tough foes in his vigilante career—but even Berkshire, Deathwish, and the Dogs of War were still regular humans! Now, a case of mistaken identity has pitted X against the immense (and immensely powerful) Archon . . . in a fight that will bring Arcadia to its knees!
    • A crucial chapter in the Project Black Sky event!
    “I like where X is headed and have bought in to Swierczynski and Nguyen’s world, lock, stock, and bloody barrel!”—Unleash the Fanboy

Project Black Sky: Secret Files TP
    Fred Van Lente (W), Michael Broussard (A/Cover), Steve Ellis (A), Guiu Vilanova (A), and Dan Jackson (C)
    On sale Oct 29
    FC, 104 pages
    $14.99
    TP, 7" x 10"
    In the late 1930s, a covert government agency was established to protect Earth from potential extraterrestrial threats. These brave men and women were called Project Black Sky, and what they discovered would change the course of human history. Collects Free Comic Book Day 2014: Project Black Sky and sixty pages of the ProjectBlackSky.net webcomic.
    • Written by New York Times best-selling author Fred Van Lente (Archer and Armstrong)!
    • Featuring art from Michael Broussard (Incredible Hulk, Artifacts, The Darkness)!
    • A perfect jumping-on point for the whole Project Black Sky line!

Check out the covers too here:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=52832

They are all really great! The Ghost and Captain Midnight covers are a site to see!
    Pulls:

Gots No Chi Danny Rand's Other Fist's Avatar

Thanks for all the feedback guys, much appreciated.

Will have a search through my LCS's back issues and see what's what.

A Project Black Sky TPB? I'm guessing it will most likely be the FCBD issue and possibly the web comic, it will be interesting to see what comes of this.

Also, while they tried with movies before with Barb Wire and things never panned out, that was almost 20 years ago and I'm sure Dark Horse is hoping to option these books for film eventually. It seems the be the driving force with comic book publishers these days.

So, after re-reading Captain Midnight #10 I've got to say that it was probably the best issue of this series to date. We got to see an emotional death with a nice lead up to it, we got some action and intrigue, and we got some answers as to what Chuck has been up to since Midnight has been back. All in all this issue was spectacular and really brought a lot of light to some of the questions I've had. I can't wait to see Midnight vs Helios in the next issue, I'm just hoping that Helios survives.....he's been one of my favorite villains/supporting characters for a while now.

Damn, this book just hits home every single month. Love it!