Page 7 of 106 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bslythegamerguy View Post
    A Project Black Sky TPB? I'm guessing it will most likely be the FCBD issue and possibly the web comic, it will be interesting to see what comes of this.

Also, while they tried with movies before with Barb Wire and things never panned out, that was almost 20 years ago and I'm sure Dark Horse is hoping to option these books for film eventually. It seems the be the driving force with comic book publishers these days.
    It collects the FCBD and the webseries.

Also things get pan out with Barb Wire, it was just not a very good movie :P. I am sure they are hoping for a lot of things, and I am too. But actually I would hope for Action Figures before a movie. Ghost had a figure in the 90s that I own, but its not the best figure, I love it though. But I would like a new one for sure :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bslythegamerguy View Post
    So, after re-reading Captain Midnight #10 I've got to say that it was probably the best issue of this series to date. We got to see an emotional death with a nice lead up to it, we got some action and intrigue, and we got some answers as to what Chuck has been up to since Midnight has been back. All in all this issue was spectacular and really brought a lot of light to some of the questions I've had. I can't wait to see Midnight vs Helios in the next issue, I'm just hoping that Helios survives.....he's been one of my favorite villains/supporting characters for a while now.

Damn, this book just hits home every single month. Love it!
    Ya I really like Helios too, I think he has it in him to end up being a anti-hero or something.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

BANNED

Can somebody name the characters on this image? Because i'm going to use it. Maybe out numbers on each and then you just type their name according to number.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Can somebody name the characters on this image? Because i'm going to use it. Maybe out numbers on each and then you just type their name according to number.

I know a couple. From left to right you have X, The Occultist, Brain Boy, Blackout, Captain Midnight. Don't know who the guy with the shield on his chest and the girl next to him are, but the guy on the cliff with the brass knuckles is a great character called Bloodhound. He was actually a DC character before. Then you have Black Beetle, the guy next to him with the exclamation mark on his face is The Answer and Ghost. I don't know the other 3. I hope I helped a little.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

the guy with a shield on his chest is "titan" frank wells, the girl next to him is amazing grace, the guy in red upper right hand corner is from the victories but idk his name.

i really enjoyed the FCBD issue of project black sky, got me interested in brainboy & captain midnight.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 05-17-2014 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    the guy with a shield on his chest is "titan" frank wells, the girl next to him is amazing grace, the guy in red upper right hand corner is from the victories but idk his name.

i really enjoyed the FCBD issue of project black sky, got me interested in brainboy & captain midnight.
    Thanks for helping out with the character names and glad you enjoying the DH heroes. I like a few, but Captain Midnight is number 1 with me.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

The only people in that image from Project Black Sky are X, Captain Midnight, Ghost, Occultist and Blackout though. The rest all are heroes outside of the Black Sky world.

Not that there stories are not good, cause they are!

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    Glad to see it got more people to join us! I think that was the point of FCBD!

Anyways, have you tried Ghost? :P I always have to recommend it haha.
    Pulls:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    The only people in that image from Project Black Sky are X, Captain Midnight, Ghost, Occultist and Blackout though. The rest all are heroes outside of the Black Sky world.

Not that there stories are not good, cause they are!

Glad to see it got more people to join us! I think that was the point of FCBD!

Anyways, have you tried Ghost? :P I always have to recommend it haha.
    I see. Thanks a lot.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

So in the FCBD issue some mention was made about averting a Second American Civil War. Even if it doesn't happen per se, it seems some groundwork is indeed being laid to reintroduce Barb Wire since her series took place in a post SACW setting. Not entirely sure how they'd frame her but the peripheral outliers are being laid down.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    So in the FCBD issue some mention was made about averting a Second American Civil War. Even if it doesn't happen per se, it seems some groundwork is indeed being laid to reintroduce Barb Wire since her series took place in a post SACW setting. Not entirely sure how they'd frame her but the peripheral outliers are being laid down.
    I think the civil war is going to be between the Heroes and those who side with them, and Black Sky. They both have there own ideas for how to protect earth from a soon to be alien (or something from another dimension, as seen in the black sky webcomic)attack. And before that threat arrives there is going to be fighting between the heroes and black sky or something. Thats just my 2 cents on what I think could happen :P I am most likely wrong.

But ya, they did say a 2nd American Civil War. Even if it does not happen, or it just starts introducing Barb Wire would fit perfect in there. But no matter what, she is coming and I am so excited!
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 05-18-2014 at 09:00 PM.
    Pulls:

So new page came out today, they talks about Cinnarbarr Flats again.

Seems like a very big focal point for Black Sky. And they have a underground base there (as well learn in the FCBD issue) and those people with the high tech computers who were watching all the heroes are there so they work for Black Sky. I am thinking this astronauts or whatever they are, are black sky, or were working for Black Sky. They did not get the ok to do this mission so now they are doing it on there own. And BS was trying to stop them, so that means at this point in time, Black Sky owns the military already. This is actually pretty interesting. I could be wrong. But based on what we know this is what I believe. I am excited to learn more.
    Pulls:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post

So whr's SKYMAN?

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

That picture doesn't have SkyMan in it due to the character having not been brought into the fold until well after the picture was made. That was a promotional picture to alert fans that Dark Horse was going to be dabbling in superheroes again and is really kind of dated due to many of the heroes not being a part of Project Black Sky and many being creator owned. The picture also lacks Furious, a teen hero currently published by DH too.

Ya that picture was made way before Black Sky started. Skyman was an idea that showed up after. I mean look Ghost is in her old outfit there :P. At this time I did not even think they knew which were going to be a part of Black Sky.

As Bsly said, it was just to show what kinda heroes Dark Horse plans to publish.
    Pulls:

Who's the artist for that picture? looks terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    Who's the artist for that picture? looks terrific.
    I am trying to recall and I have looked everywhere and I can't find who. I am gonna keep looking. It use to be a cover picture on there facebook. But its gone now. So no luck on that end.

But while I was looking I found this:

Its a picture from before Comics Greatest World was made, kind of like the picture we are talked about. Some people in that picture changed and some people from this picture changed. Though it was niffy to see how far some of these heroes have gone.
    Pulls: