Page 8 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thanks for looking into it. Looks really good. Dark Horse is on fire right now. They're slowly inching their way past Image as my favorite publisher right now.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    Thanks for looking into it. Looks really good. Dark Horse is on fire right now. They're slowly inching their way past Image as my favorite publisher right now.
    Duh, wow. After looking at that image closer its Freddie Williams II, he signed it on the bottom right.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

X #13 was pretty good this month but the guest art was a bit rough in my opinion. I liked what X did to Deathwish and got a giggle out of when he brought him back from the dead, lol, storytelling at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bslythegamerguy View Post
    X #13 was pretty good this month but the guest art was a bit rough in my opinion. I liked what X did to Deathwish and got a giggle out of when he brought him back from the dead, lol, storytelling at its finest.
    Ya when he first killed him I was like "....what....X, that is what he wanted!" and then he brought him back to life! I loved it! I hope X finds out about the brain washing and the girl and him become friends again. I like her character.
    Pulls:

So, who's getting the new Brain Boy mini and who's enjoying Blackout? Blackout has impressed the hell out of me thus far and I'm hoping to see another mini for him down the road, and while the first Brain Boy mini didn't knock my socks off I do plan on giving the new one a shot.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm enjoying Blackout. I found Brain Boy to be adequate. I would've kept reading but now with the mini series ended I've placed those monies into other titles.
    At some point I may get the TPB for GESTALT.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

So, who's getting the new Brain Boy mini and who's enjoying Blackout? Blackout has impressed the hell out of me thus far and I'm hoping to see another mini for him down the road, and while the first Brain Boy mini didn't knock my socks off I do plan on giving the new one a shot.
    Ya I want more Blackout! It has been really, really amazing! The art and the story. And the King Tiger back up! Wow! It has been my favorite mini series.

I am getting everything Black Sky, so yes I will be getting the new Brain Boy mini. I can't wait. He has a lot to do with Black Sky, so I cant wait to see more there.
    Pulls:

Has anyone seen this cover yet? It is so cute! Look at the little Ghost, X, and Captain Midnight cat! So cute! I plan to pick this up, have not yet. Anyone here read it?
    Pulls:

I wonder how Dynamite can publish that with the Dark Horse characters on it? Maybe it's a part of their new found love fest they've been sharing as of late?

I wonder how Dynamite can publish that with the Dark Horse characters on it? Maybe it's a part of their new found love fest they've been sharing as of late?
    They're probably co-publishing it, the same way they did with the Criminal Macabre/30 Days of Night cross-over with IDW.

http://bslydarksky.blogspot.com/2014...10-issues.html

Blog post surrounding and reviewing the first 10 issues of X. Hope you all enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Blastermaster View Post
    They're probably co-publishing it, the same way they did with the Criminal Macabre/30 Days of Night cross-over with IDW.
    Picked up the first issue yesterday, they are co-publishing it. It was cute. No Dark Horse heroes so far, its just issue one. But it was cute. A good read for a kid. I liked it.
    Pulls:

I am loving the Project Black Sky stuff. I actually started with Catalyst Comix, which is a continuation of Comics Greatest World and not a part of Project Black Sky, but I've loved the X and Ghost revamps. Captain Midnight is awesome, too, and I'm looking forward to Barb Wire returning. I don't read the other titles, because of budget concerns, but I got Brain Boy free because of some credit thing at the digital store.

And the PBS webcomic? I laughed my ass off at the opening arc. Brilliant.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    I am loving the Project Black Sky stuff. I actually started with Catalyst Comix, which is a continuation of Comics Greatest World and not a part of Project Black Sky, but I've loved the X and Ghost revamps. Captain Midnight is awesome, too, and I'm looking forward to Barb Wire returning. I don't read the other titles, because of budget concerns, but I got Brain Boy free because of some credit thing at the digital store.

And the PBS webcomic? I laughed my ass off at the opening arc. Brilliant.
    Always happy to have someone join us in fandom! I have not checked out the new Catalyst Comix yet, its on my list.
    Pulls:

Just read Captain Midnight 11! Oh my such a great issue, the fight with Heilos and learning more about him. Seeing a bit more of who the big bad is in the Black Sky World and give us a nice cut off for Two Past Midnight! And why Mr. Jones wants to work with Ghost and X.

Spoilers (ish nothing big):

Speaking of the cut offs, it made me think. This gives us a nice timeline to when Two Past Midnight and other things are happening. Two possibilities:

1) Captain Midnight 1-11 takes place before Ghost Ongoing issue 1.

I think this because in Two Past Midnight Ghost has her old outfit on, so it has to take place before she changes and gets her own outfit. So all this crazy stuff that is happening in Captain Midnight (as well as Two Past Midnight) happened a while before Ghost started her new series, but after her mini series. As far as X goes, he could have been doing his thing for a long time now.

2) Two Past Midnight (2PM) will take place after the latest issues (CM 11, Ghost 4, X 14)

This could be because, in the end of the issue Captain Midnight puts on his old outfit. This could be to explain why he is back in his old outfit for 2PM (using timeline idea 1), or it could be at each of the issues that are coming out before the 2PM TPB (Ghost 4, X 14) there could be a cut off, and in Ghosts case why she is back in her old outfit. So that way 2PM would take place after each of the latest issues and all the ongoings would be happening at the same time.

I am thinking the first is better (more confusing, but better), but I would not mind the 2nd one as long as its explained and each issue has a cut off (Ghost and X). But I guess there does not have to be. As far as Ghost goes, if it is the 2nd idea, we could just guess that she put on her old outfit.

But I would like idea one better. But we shall see.

What do you guys think? Also what do you guys think about the Big baddy for Black Sky, we have seen just a bit more of him/her/whatever. (Is it the same guy from the Occultist?).
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 05-29-2014 at 01:34 AM.
    Pulls: