Page 9 of 106 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/...2-and-ghost-5/

Previews for Captain Midnight 12 and Ghost issue 5! Look at the Ghost art! Jan is wonderful! It looks pretty and cool! Ghost is lucky to have had some great artists and Jan is just as great. She will be on it for the whole arc, maybe after, Chris says we will see what happens.

I did not read Ghost's preview, just looked at the art. I dont want spoilers lol.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/...2-and-ghost-5/

Previews for Captain Midnight 12 and Ghost issue 5! Look at the Ghost art! Jan is wonderful! It looks pretty and cool! Ghost is lucky to have had some great artists and Jan is just as great. She will be on it for the whole arc, maybe after, Chris says we will see what happens.

I did not read Ghost's preview, just looked at the art. I dont want spoilers lol.
    I agree. The first thing i noticed was the art on Ghost and had the same reaction

Quote Originally Posted by Stage3evolution View Post
    I agree. The first thing i noticed was the art on Ghost and had the same reaction
    Yay! Glad to see I am not the only one. Its so great. I hope Jan stays for good!

Looks like I moved this thread to the next page though. If you guys want to see my crazy ideas about Black Sky and the last issue of Captain Midnight and Two Past Midnight go to the last page and check it out. I want to see what you guys think please!
    Pulls:

All-New Member

I've been following Captain Midnight and X VERY closely and have started on the first Brain Boy mini as of last night, I'll be sure to get Men of GESTALT as soon as I'm done with the first mini. Great stuff coming out of Captain Midnight, what a book and what a classic pulp character and I'm glad to see him getting his due in this series, and X is a runaway hit too, what an amazing book! I am heavily invested into this line of comics and will continue to follow these 3 series as they progress on. Unfortunately, Ghost, Occultist, and the future Barb Wire don't excite me, but at least I've got CM and X!

Quote Originally Posted by DynamitePulpReader View Post
    I've been following Captain Midnight and X VERY closely and have started on the first Brain Boy mini as of last night, I'll be sure to get Men of GESTALT as soon as I'm done with the first mini. Great stuff coming out of Captain Midnight, what a book and what a classic pulp character and I'm glad to see him getting his due in this series, and X is a runaway hit too, what an amazing book! I am heavily invested into this line of comics and will continue to follow these 3 series as they progress on. Unfortunately, Ghost, Occultist, and the future Barb Wire don't excite me, but at least I've got CM and X!
    Have you tried Ghost and Occultist?

But it does not matter, I am always glad to see a new Black Sky fan! Welcome!
    Pulls:

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Indeed GHOST has some great interiors and that cover looks equally phenomenal.

I just had my LCS drop She Hulk from my pulls so I may be adding something from the Indy realm. I mean really Marvel an opening arc about Political Asylum for Doom's son + that crappy interior art. I tried but my She Hulk love isn't deep enough to support this direction. Maybe Barb Wire will get announced and I'll get that as replacement!!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Indeed GHOST has some great interiors and that cover looks equally phenomenal.

I just had my LCS drop She Hulk from my pulls so I may be adding something from the Indy realm. I mean really Marvel an opening arc about Political Asylum for Doom's son + that crappy interior art. I tried but my She Hulk love isn't deep enough to support this direction. Maybe Barb Wire will get announced and I'll get that as replacement!!!
    Ya my pull list is slowly becoming a indy list lol. And glad to see you like Ghosts art! I sure hope Jan stays.

Also I am sure Barb Wire will be talked about or announced at SDCC, and if it is not....you bet I will be asking about it!
    Pulls:

All-New Member

Hi guys, I just subscribed to Captain Midnight and X. I love a vigilante comic where people actually die and guns actually work. I was so tired of Batman I dropped it long ago. X seems really great. Captain Midnight is just plain fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Socrato View Post
    Hi guys, I just subscribed to Captain Midnight and X. I love a vigilante comic where people actually die and guns actually work. I was so tired of Batman I dropped it long ago. X seems really great. Captain Midnight is just plain fun.
    X was my gateway drug to Dark Horse and the visceral brutality in that first issue had me hooked.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by Socrato View Post
    It seems far more real huh? In the real world the criminals would get out if stopped by a vigilante.

Glad to see more Black Sky fans join our ranks. We should have a official club :P (like make mine marvel kinda thing) Maybe call it "Black Sky Heroes" or something lol.
    Pulls:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=21943

X #14 preview, looks really good! Can't wait!

Do you think “the Chosen” work for Black Sky?

The solicitation for X #14 says:

"A game-changing new villain—a new chapter in the Project Black Sky event!"
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 06-02-2014 at 10:40 PM.
    Pulls:

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

Very exciting preview and information, X just keeps getting better and better! I wonder who the new villain will be?

I just want X to get to Leigh and somehow turn her back to normal first. It's cool or whatever to have X on his own, I just hate Leigh helping out the bad guys and not even knowing it.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I feel Leigh has been brainwashed and as part of her brainwashing she thinks X's somehow is the one who tricked her into helping him do his acts.

Also I should mention I've been behind in my reads and just read X #13 last night. I enjoyed how X handled Deathwish! Still having seen a solid look at X's face it means nothing to me. Am I missing something? It just feels anticlimatic. For us the reader his face carries no weight at this point. I'm still mega curious who he is, the full scope and reasons for his crusade but who is he/was he? His backstory has a touch of Frank Castle to it at this point.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

X killing Deathwish and bringing him back was hilarious, it was a fun moment that made X seem even more badass than he already was.

As for Leigh, I like her and all but I won't mourn her death when it happens, and yes.... I truly believe it will happen.