Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Question Batman Vs Iron man The Great Debate...

Okay so I was at college and me and my buddies were discussing our favourite super heroes and the two that came up were... Batman and Iron Man simply because these are both possible, they have no super powers (maybe a magical unending bank supply) but these are both home grown heroes. My question is strip it all back without the money, the gadgets and costumes who would win... Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne. And would this be the ultimate alliance?

Much Love
    Jake xx

"It's not who I am, but what I do that defines me"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JakeDCReader View Post
    Okay so I was at college and me and my buddies were discussing our favourite super heroes and the two that came up were... Batman and Iron Man simply because these are both possible, they have no super powers (maybe a magical unending bank supply) but these are both home grown heroes. My question is strip it all back without the money, the gadgets and costumes who would win... Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne. And would this be the ultimate alliance?

Much Love
    Jake xx

"It's not who I am, but what I do that defines me"
    This should be in the rumbles section.

But Bats, based purely out of paranoia shielding.

Incredible Member

Without the costumes? You mean just Bruce and Tony in a fistfight? Bruce would wipe the floor with Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Without the costumes? You mean just Bruce and Tony in a fistfight? Bruce would wipe the floor with Tony.
    This,this and this.

Bruce could also make sure to hit Tony with a liquor bottle if necessary.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    If Tony is extremised up, that's a different story. Bats would only really have a fighting edge -- Tony with extremis apparently heals like Wolverine and is near peak human strength. Bats has better combat ability, but I'm not sure he can deal with a regenerating opponent.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Bruce: Psst, Superman.

Fight OVER!

On a "realistic" comic book level? Batman can dodge lasers (somehow), and has taken out many an armoured foe. However, Tony is equally good at thinking on the fly and would already have defences (such as EMP shielding) for Batman's most obvious attacks. I see a long, drawn out fight, ending with a broken Iron Man suit and a battered Batman with it ultimately coming down to fists. Batman takes it, but it's a hard battle.
    Last edited by exile001; 09-13-2014 at 02:31 PM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Incredible Member

Outside the costume. Bruce wins no constest. But it should be noted that Tony has been combat trained by Captain America himself, one of the best martial artist in the Marvel universe and I have seen Tony holding his own against Steve. So Bruce needs to not underestimate him to win this.

Inside the costumes, Iron Man wins no constest. I mean Iron Man has no problem with killing people and the dude has freaking missiles ready to launch at any moment. Plus he can flight. Unless Batman has his batmobile, his batwing and and a power suit to counter Iron Man suit, I can't see him winning this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    Outside the costume. Bruce wins no constest. But it should be noted that Tony has been combat trained by Captain America himself, one of the best martial artist in the Marvel universe and I have seen Tony holding his own against Steve. So Bruce needs to not underestimate him to win this.

Inside the costumes, Iron Man wins no constest. I mean Iron Man has no problem with killing people and the dude has freaking missiles ready to launch at any moment. Plus he can flight. Unless Batman has his batmobile, his batwing and and a power suit to counter Iron Man suit, I can't see him winning this.
    I agree with this. Bruce is too much for Tony in unarmed combat. Tony wins easily with his Iron Man armor. Tony's best suits outdo anything Batman has in his arsenal, from strength to speed to endurance to shielding.

Batman wouldn't even have to be there in person to take Iron Man out.

Fantastic Member

I would bet on Bruce if this was a cage fight .

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Batman, no question.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Not even a debate: Batman.

Tony would end up in the scrap yard.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeamonSnow View Post
    I agree with this. Bruce is too much for Tony in unarmed combat. Tony wins easily with his Iron Man armor. Tony's best suits outdo anything Batman has in his arsenal, from strength to speed to endurance to shielding.
    How would the armor Batman used against Darkseid stack up against Iron Man?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    How would the armor Batman used against Darkseid stack up against Iron Man?
    Ha ha, the Hell-Bat? I'm pretty sure nothing Iron Man has beats that. Superman forged that in the sun.

I like Iron Man, but he's no match for Batman.