Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Batman Crossovers You'd Like to See

As we prepare ourselves for the Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles crossover (a meeting I never expected to see outside of my childhood action figure collection) coming out in November; I thought it would be fun to talk about other Batman crossovers we've always wanted but haven't seen yet. As far as crossovers go, Batman has had a fair share of them. From Predator to Spider-Man, Hellboy to Judge Dredd, Spawn to Danger Girl, and he was once even smashed together with Wolverine to create an entirely new character. Apparently nothing is too absurd for The Dark Knight to tackle, and I've definitely had a couple unusual but intriguing ones cross my mind. Note that this isn't necessarily a "versus" thread or a "who would win" competition, but just a chance to talk about some crossovers that you think have some potential!

I'll start with one, and list some others if this is something people enjoy talking about.

Batman meets Hannibal Lecter.

I've been an enormous fan of NBC's Hannibal pretty much from the start. I still haven't come to terms with the fact that it's been cancelled and can only hope they find some legs somewhere else. But anyway, I'd love to see Mads Mikkelsen's portrayal of the character come face-to-face with Batman. Mads' interpretation is much more reserved, and not nearly as rabid or "creepy" as Anthony Hopkins' version. Hannibal is a master schemer here and appears to be engaged in a constant game of mental chess with anyone he encounters. He's also incredibly skilled in hand-to-hand combat, although he still wouldn't last very long against the Caped Crusader. The battle here would be primarily psychological.

Jeph Loeb was famously inspired by The Silence of the Lambs when writing The Long Halloween, and borrowed that lunatic-helps-the-law-from-his-cell trope for Calendar Man to great success. Now, imagine the real thing! Hannibal Lecter getting transferred to Arkham Asylum, his interactions with Batman from behind a pane of bulletproof glass. Even better, his interactions with his fellow inmates! I would love to see Dr. Lecter pick the brain of someone like Scarecrow, Zsasz, or even the Joker himself! All leading to his inevitable escape and seeing how Batman deals with it.

Honestly, the more I think of it the more tempted I am to attempt writing it myself. Any other Hannibal fans out there? What do you think?

I'd love to hear some other crossovers. This could be fun!

Dark Knight and the Ghost Who Walks VS Singh Brotherhood and Baron Blood (Animal Man version)
    Damian Wayne VS Spock
    Barbara Gordon and Ani Bezzerides VS Professor Pyg

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Freddy Krueger stalks the students of Gotham Academy
    Mystery Inc. tries to unmask the mysterious Agent 37. Can he outwit these meddling kids in time?

Spectacular Member

Batman meets Dexter.
    A new blood analyst starts at Gotham PD and at roughly the same time several of Batman's rogues start to disappear off the face of the Earth with no trace to be found.

Batman meets Doctor Who
    The Doctor and Amy travel to Gotham City during the height of the Batman myth, the Doctor of course doesn't believe it until they come face to face with Dark Knight and he wants to know what the hell this alien is doing in his city.

Batman meets the Transformers
    No real story idea here except for a new Transformer that turns into the Batmobile.

Bruce Wayne meets the island from Lost
    While on a business trip a mysterious shock wave knocks Bruce Wayne's plane out of the sky and when he wakes up he finds himself on a mysterious island with an other worldly protector.

Batman meets the Watchmen
    After NYC is destroyed by a seeming alien invasion the Dark Knight takes it upon himself to investigate and what he finds may change the course of history forever.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    Dark Knight and the Ghost Who Walks VS Singh Brotherhood and Baron Blood (Animal Man version)
    Damian Wayne VS Spock
    Barbara Gordon and Ani Bezzerides VS Professor Pyg
    Man, Batman and the Phantom would be the best crossover ever! Perhaps made even better if it was the Batman from Firstwave.

It's been done already, but I'd love a second Batman/ Hellboy meeting, the first one is one of my favorite comics of all time so a second would be awesome.

But how about Batman meets Zorro?
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 08-01-2015 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lorddominicus85 View Post
    Batman meets the Transformers
    No real story idea here except for a new Transformer that turns into the Batmobile.
    This was actually going to happen! Brian Michael Bendis shared some Phil Jimenez art a couple of years ago for a Justice League/Transformers crossover that got canned as a result of the New 52. Not only did the Batmobile get a transformation, but so did Wonder Woman's invisible jet! And Superman would have fought Megatron! And Optimus Prime would have gotten a Green Lantern power ring!!! I'm still hoping that this will come to life someday.

17xkmh20ni4m5jpg.jpg

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by taylortexas View Post
    This was actually going to happen! Brian Michael Bendis shared some Phil Jimenez art a couple of years ago for a Justice League/Transformers crossover that got canned as a result of the New 52. Not only did the Batmobile get a transformation, but so did Wonder Woman's invisible jet! And Superman would have fought Megatron! And Optimus Prime would have gotten a Green Lantern power ring!!! I'm still hoping that this will come to life someday.

17xkmh20ni4m5jpg.jpg
    I need that Transforming Batmobile on my shelf like yesterday!

Ultimate Member

-Batman meets Daredevil.
    -Batman meets Black Panther.
    -Batman meets Dexter Morgan.
    -Batman meets Michael Myers.
    -Batman meets The Transformers.
    -Batman meets Keyser Soze.
    -Batman meets Zorro.
    -Batman meets James Bond.
    -Batman meets Jack Bauer.
    -Batman meets Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul.

And I've got more. I clearly put way too much thought into this.

Another that was once being considered:

godzillavsbatman.jpg

Batman '66 vs. Godzilla!

Legend has it that this was once actually being tossed around over at Toho! Hot off of the success of Godzilla vs. King Kong; the studio wanted to put together another huge crossover face-off flick and were eyeing Batman as Godzilla's next great foe. While it doesn't seem like it ever made it to pre-production, the concept allegedly included Robin, Commissioner Gordon, a number of Bat-vehicles to use in the fights themselves, Godzilla being under mind control, as well as having a King Kong-esque fascination/love for Batgirl! I don't think Toho was ever even in contact with anyone over at DC or 20th Century Fox, but this seems like it would have been a ridiculously fun movie. I'd love to see DC and IDW bring these two together at last. MatthewMonster on Reddit did a great piece of fan art for the hypothetical crossover. I want this book!
    Last edited by taylortexas; 08-03-2015 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by taylortexas View Post
    Another that was once being considered:

godzillavsbatman.jpg

Batman '66 vs. Godzilla!

Legend has it that this was once actually being tossed around over at Toho! Hot off of the success of Godzilla vs. King Kong; the studio wanted to put together another huge crossover face-off flick and were eyeing Batman as Godzilla's next great foe. While it doesn't seem like it ever made it to pre-production, the concept allegedly included Robin, Commissioner Gordon, a number of Bat-vehicles to use in the fights themselves, Godzilla being under mind control, as well as having a King Kong-esque fascination/love for Batgirl! I don't think Toho was ever even in contact with anyone over at DC or 20th Century Fox, but this seems like it would have been a ridiculously fun movie. I'd love to see DC and IDW bring these two together at last. MatthewMonster on Reddit did a great piece of fan art for the hypothetical crossover. I want this book!
    Book? I'd start a kickstarter to invent a time machine to get this film made! Or at least a fountain of youth for Adam West and Burt Ward and to find wherever they're keeping that old Godzilla suit in storage! I thought this would have been a fun crossover earlier this year, who knew people actually thought about it back then? Curses on whoever decided this idea wasn't worth seriously pursuing!

Let's see, I know it can't happen because WB vs Disney, but Batman meets the Gargoyles would be a great nostalgia trip for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Let's see, I know it can't happen because WB vs Disney, but Batman meets the Gargoyles would be a great nostalgia trip for me.
    Yes! This was one I always wanted to see as a kid, not knowing the legal impossibilities of it. Those worlds could collide so naturally. The most obvious set-up is to have Batman perch atop a gargoyle for some brooding time (as he's prone to doing) only to have it wake up and go, "Get the hell off of me!"

Batman and the Ghostbusters.

Always up for Batman/Judge Dredd

Hannibal the Cannibal helping Batman would be sick. I'd like to hear his thoughts on Joker.

Batman visits Sin City
    Batman meets The Crow
    Batman meets Terminator (the Arnold version of course)

I'd like to see Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Red Hood, Batgirl, Harley Quinn etc and all of Gotham's baddies in like a big, Mad Max type of story. Not really a crossover but it would be epic.

* Batman and Lobster Johnson
    * an in-DC crossover, set during 1939-1940, of Batman, Crimson Avenger, and Golden Age Sandman

Batman/Moon Knight