Default Preview/Discussion: Catwoman #45

http://www.comicosity.com/exclusive-...w-catwoman-45/

Looking great. It deals with the aftermath of last month's issue. What I love about this run is that it whenever it builds up to these major events, it deals with the consequences in a major way.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    http://www.comicosity.com/exclusive-...w-catwoman-45/

Looking great. It deals with the aftermath of last month's issue. What I love about this run is that it whenever it builds up to these major events, it deals with the consequences in a major way.
    I'm looking forward to the issue but I'm really bummed out that Valentine is leaving. She was doing good work with Selina here and I hate the thought of losing that now that we've had it.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Looks fantastic.

Bumping this up. It's too bad this run is coming to a close. I feel like Valentine had a lot more ideas that she didn't get to use in between this arc and the first arc. Steph feels underutilized in this storyline.

Always Rakzo

This was solid although I felt that the ending with Black Mask was a bit too quick despite of how overlong everything else was.

Also, despite of how hyped Selina's Bisexuality was, I'm surprised about how nonexistant her romance with Eiko ended-up being. I mean, I wasn't expecting to get on with it rapidly but showing a bit of passion would have been appropriate.

Im not gonna lie, i was not a big fan of this one. I thought the fist time Selena killed Black Mask was better. Because she actually did it. Im mean if ur gonna have her be there, in that mentality, don't have her half ass it then.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-14-2015 at 05:43 PM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I've been enjoying this - I started reading because of Valentine's reputation, and stayed because it was a really intelligent, densely plotted, dark crime story. And because Steph! I agree that she's not a central figure, but it's really great seeing her getting training, and being faced with some of the hard choices of a vigilante. Seeing her react to Eiko next month in the finale will be very interesting - I hope she has a hero moment - she deserves it, after all the crap she's put up with from Selina and Eiko so far.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Also, despite of how hyped Selina's Bisexuality was, I'm surprised about how nonexistant her romance with Eiko ended-up being. I mean, I wasn't expecting to get on with it rapidly but showing a bit of passion would have been appropriate.
    I haven't read the issue yet but this doesn't surprise me. Valentine wad always too interested in keeping the BatCat flame alive to explore other romantic possibilities for Selina. Too many Selina/Eiko scenes centered around Batman for the attraction to feel anything other than transitory.
    I'm currently Re-Reading Stranger's in Paradise. Please join me.

Quote Originally Posted by LostinFandom View Post
    I haven't read the issue yet but this doesn't surprise me. Valentine wad always too interested in keeping the BatCat flame alive to explore other romantic possibilities for Selina. Too many Selina/Eiko scenes centered around Batman for the attraction to feel anything other than transitory.
    To be fair it was probably her job to keep the Bat/Cat flame alive.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklefist View Post
    To be fair it was probably her job to keep the Bat/Cat flame alive.
    I don't know. Based on her Twitter and Tumblr accounts she does love the relationship. If it was mandatory I'm going to reiterate my opinion that the editorial mandate from the 1990s that Batman not appear in Catwoman often was on to something. The Catwoman warier can't tell a satisfying BatCat story while the various Batman books have no interest in playing along.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I think, also, it would be silly for Selina to throw off a 4+ year relationship (in universe) with Batman for someone she's known for a few months (not to mention the decades of relationship in all the universes). It was a goal for Valentine to actually show that Selina isn't just attracted to Batman or men in general, but she didn't want to erase or marginalize that relationship either. I thought the scene where Eiko supported Selina silently after Selina discovered Batman was dead was very powerful, and got both relationships really strongly.

Yeah, I'm starting to get a little annoyed by Selina and Eiko's "relationship". It's all too corny and dramatic, I feel like I'm watching a soap opera whenever they're together. I still think she would make a great future villain for Selina though, so I hope they keep her around. Just not in this way.
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think, also, it would be silly for Selina to throw off a 4+ year relationship (in universe) with Batman for someone she's known for a few months (not to mention the decades of relationship in all the universes). It was a goal for Valentine to actually show that Selina isn't just attracted to Batman or men in general, but she didn't want to erase or marginalize that relationship either. I thought the scene where Eiko supported Selina silently after Selina discovered Batman was dead was very powerful, and got both relationships really strongly.
    I thought it was handled subtly well. There's clear affection between Selina and Eiko, but it was hardly hamfisted.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think, also, it would be silly for Selina to throw off a 4+ year relationship (in universe) with Batman for someone she's known for a few months (not to mention the decades of relationship in all the universes).
    I disagree with this strongly. Firstly Batman generally doesn't seem to want to be with her. He actively avoids being with her. It makes sense to cut ones losses in that situation. Second in the 75 year history of these character how many love interests has he had? How many of them are actively in her shadow?