All-New Member

Question Batman is... Daredevil??

Hi guys I am not going to claim to be the worlds biggest batman fan, however I take no shame in saying I love the dark knight trilogy, Christian Bale pulled off The Caped Crusader EXTREMELY well, the emotion, the martial arts, the whole thing was just amazing. When Bale said he was "hanging up the cape" so to say I was devastated, however I looked with both trepidation and excitement waiting to see who they would cast as my beloved Bruce Wayne... Needless to say I was very annoyed and disappointed when I saw that Ben Affleck was being casted as Batman, I'm no fool I know that DC and MARVEL are two separate universes, but we have seen what Ben has to offer, with Batman and Daredevils back stories being so similar I just don't see the need for him to play this role again... Anyway this is not just a rant, I want your opinions!!! Are you as annoyed as me or do you support the new actor?

Much Love
    Jake xx
    "It's not who I am, but what I do that defines me"

Extraordinary Member

Don't forget, he was Superman, too!

In all seriousness, though, the guy's a two-time Oscar winner and a three-time Golden Globe winner. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until I see it.

Yeah, he's had years to mature as an actor since Daredevil, in addition to wracking up all those awards. Plus, keep in mind, no matter how great an actor is, if they have crap material to work with & a crap director at the helm, their abilities become drastically hampered. Zack Snyder has been around for a while, he's a much more competent director, and they've got well respected writer on board as well (thank god Goyer is out). Meanwhile, what has Mark Steven Johnson done since Daredevil? Oh yeah, Ghost Rider. Don't worry man, I think the Bat is in good hands. And I've always thought that Affleck would be able to nail the front that Bruce Wayne puts on whenever he goes out to sow his public image

All-New Member

It's pointless to critique that which has not been seen.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Ya I can't say for sure, but based on looks alone, it gives a different feel then his Daredevil. Plus different writers. Plus, while they are both normal men, they are going up against different things. I can't judge before seeing it. But they seem to be two different roles. I will see the movie then judge, but Ben is a good actor.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

I was actually never really a fan of Christian Bale as Batman, so personally I'm glad that his series is wrapped up and we now have a new actor in the role. I'm excited at the prospect of Ben Affleck playing Batman. He's been terrific in recent years. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what he does and think he has the potential to be my favorite Batman since Michael Keaton.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by giraffe4hire View Post
    It's pointless to critique that which has not been seen.
    Depends. Affleck as Batman might work. Roseanne Barr as Batman would never work. And I don't think any of us would need to see the finished product before unleashing a torrent of valid critiques. ha ha

I have my doubts about Affleck portraying Batman, but I'll admit he's a better candidate than some of the past actors who portrayed the Dark Knight. I still think Caviezel is the guy that should have received the nod.

jim-caviezel.jpg

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

I like Caviezel better too.

I think Ben is gonna tank! That is my prediction...sad as it may be

Woah wait...did we just time-travel back a year?