All-New Member

Post Batman The Dark Knight Rises... Follow up film

So... Robin goes into the Batcave and is left with Batmans suit... Would it be said Im jumping to conclusions if I say this is foreshadowing a new movie series? And if so who will Robin return as? Because from my point of view I can see him becoming "Batman Of the Future" Being mentored by Bale from behind the scenes or will Robin return as the Robin we know from the comics and movies?... But why would he be in the Batcave if he wasnt going to be a new Batman? This also conflicts with Ben Afflecks Batman which trust me I have a thread as to that rant... Will Affleck start a new series, will we get a sequel to The Dark Knight Rises? Please reply with your opinioms and any info you have!
    Much Love
    Jake xx
    "its not what I do, but who I am that defines me"

Dark Knight Trilogy is over. There will be no more instalments to the Dark Knight Trilogy. No Christopher Nolan, No Christian Bale, No follow-up.

There will be a new Batman franchise, that's inevitable. Ben Affleck right now is the most likely candidate to start that off, but who knows if they even have more Batman movies planned to tie into the Justice League franchise (although yeah, it's likely).

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Nolan and co. have stated on multiple occasions that TDKR was it.

At best, you can hope for sequel comics like they do for Smallville.

That scene at the end of TDKR was just meant to show the audience that Gotham will have a new protector, but we were never going to get a 4th Nolan Bat-flick. Just use your imagination and create your own TDKR sequel.

Naw. It's one of those situations where the story is over but people want to see what happens next. But it's not foreshadowing another movie. It's just giving a glimpse of what the future of that setting will be. A guy who happens to be named Robin will take over as Batman.

This is not to say that some other director could not pursue a continuation if there was popular demand. But there doesn't seem to be and they are clearly moving on to another movie incarnation of Batman.

Just leave it to your imagination, OP. It's a nicely complete set of films with a beginning, a middle, and ending with a satisfying resolution. Story's told, move on and see what other spin on the general concept others come up with. There never needs to be another one set in this particular 'universe'.

Lightbulb Robin's Entrance

I'd like to see a Robin rich follow-up story after Nolan's treatment of Batman and the introduction of a potential partner of the Dark Knight.

Maybe Bruce Wayne comes out of retirement, while Selina Kyle remains at home as a housewife. Batman takes up his crusade for Gotham City again, this time aided by a motivated Robin (Officer Blake from "The Dark Knight Rises" - 2012).

"Robin prowls Gotham by night and brings back reports for the Dark Knight, including Polaroids. They are monitoring the development of the rising crime dominion of a new Gotham City villain named Black Mask, a rogue gangster with a taste for blood who intends to induce seizures at the city drive-in theater with a terrible sonic frequency device. Meanwhile another ghoul named Penguin is recruiting Gotham's homeless children and building a terrorism army disguised as a children's circus troupe."

What if Baz Luhrmann directed such a picture if Christopher Nolan is out of the Batman game? I'd like to see an actor such as Jude Law portray Black Mask and perhaps Jason Biggs portray Penguin.

Such a film could be titled "Gotham Phantoms" (Warner Brothers).

I don't want the new buzz about the Superman versus Batman film to drown out this newfound euphoria for the Batman empire (i.e., "Gotham" [Fox TV]).

Baz Luhrmann

biggs.jpg

penguin.jpg

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

My understanding of the film's message was that Bruce was done being Batman because he conquered his demons. At the same time he learned that people need someone who works outside of the law to inspire them and that Batman can be "anyone" which is why he left the cave and suit to Blake so that he could continue on.