Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Default X men continuity emergency - how many months in a 616 year?

Currently perusing my Uncanny X men vol 2 omnibus (strongly recommended), but I just can't wrap my head around this quandary,

In uncanny 141 the x men start the day training and then urgently go to Wasington where they prevent the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants assassinating Senator Kelly. Please refer to the following "scan" (strictly speaking a photo)

That all works out and then issue 143 is a Christmas issue, taking place on Christmas Eve. Behold:

I don't understand, please send intellectual help

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    Currently perusing my Uncanny X men vol 2 omnibus (strongly recommended), but I just can't wrap my head around this quandary,

In uncanny 141 the x men start the day training and then urgently go to Wasington where they prevent the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants assassinating Senator Kelly. Please refer to the following "scan" (strictly speaking a photo)

That all works out and then issue 143 is a Christmas issue, taking place on Christmas Eve. Behold:

I don't understand, please send intellectual help
    Don't worry, they've got November; Thanksgiving and the month itself have been referenced in many Marvel comics. Chris just rounded down from one month, three weeks and change to 'a month', where most of us would have rounded up to two months.

Mighty Member

Rom took Fu Manchu and November back to his home planet.

(They died on the way back to Rom's home planet.)

BANNED

Forget that, recently they've reference they're now in the 21st Century and no character has actually aged...

BANNED

time crunches itself in the MU and inconsequential days when all they do is eat breakfast gets erased from continuity.

I remember this not really bothering me until my fifth year collecting Spider-Man comics and he had experience five winters by then, so at least five years had passed then he made a reference to only two years passing and it made me look into and learn about the whole sliding time line.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Quote Originally Posted by The High Priestess View Post
    time crunches itself in the MU and inconsequential days when all they do is eat breakfast gets erased from continuity.
    Yeah, it's weird when you think that for the timeline to make sense, the X-Men go on a mission every single day. As soon as one supervillain is defeated, they go back to the mansion where they instantly fight another.

*GASP* There's a continuity problem? In the Marvel Universe.... Unheard of... Lmao.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

forty eight months per year in the MU. That's why so much stuff happens, but the characters hardly age.
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

I love how this thread is titled "continuity emergency" like there was urgent problem even though the examples are from a comic that's over 3 decades old already
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Rom took Fu Manchu and November back to his home planet.

(They died on the way back to Rom's home planet.)
    Did he also take Transformers?
    Last edited by Tomppa; 05-07-2014 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The High Priestess View Post
    This is how it works. I handle it in my headcanon like this: if it wasn't an important moment for some character or the whole team and didn't really change anything and has never been referenced then it's not part of their history anymore. Like if Wolverine stopped a bunch of crooks from robbing a store or X-Men fought against some random alien or demon in one issue. Since they aren't "important" I consider them to have been erased from continuity since they were filler

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    forty eight months per year in the MU. That's why so much stuff happens, but the characters hardly age.
    I have long theorized this, and that they experience each season four times per year. It's like leap year birthday's in reverse.

BANNED

Sometimes, a 12 parter can last only a few days though it takes more than a year to be published. That does not mean the characters have only done what was chronicled in their comic book for an entire year.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Sometimes, a 12 parter can last only a few days though it takes more than a year to be published. That does not mean the characters have only done what was chronicled in their comic book for an entire year.
    In the pictures I posted issue 141 took place on Halloween and the comic came out at the same time. Then 142 was the same part of the story taking place on the same day but published a month later. So when 143 is published the following month for Christmas it is only one month since the fight.

So I have reconciled it that issues 141 and 142 take place on the same day but last a month