Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Yeah this series has been just downright disappointing. Not only is the writing bad, but the roster is way too popular to have any expendables. Joker's Daughter is the only character who might die in this series, but even that is a far chance. There's no drama or sense or excitment.

BANNED

i thought issues 1-2 were a decent continuation of the Kot/Kindt run... i'm curious about Victor Sage, but really dislike Joker's Daughter.

the FE issue was completely useless though.

Spectacular Member

I thought the FE issue was a fun one-shot story, but that's just me. I'm not reading the main Suicide Squad series or the Future's End series (besides the one-shots) so maybe my opinion will differ.

You can always tell when a squad run will be bad. When you add too many established characters that can't be killed off you are basically left with a villain team book that is more than likely going to get old fast.
    I like Harley Quinn but even that's not going to keep me interested over the stuff in her solo. Harley deadshot and captain boomerang or king shark should have been the only permanent members of the team this volume.
    Deathstroke and black manta along with jokers daughter are really just gimmicks on this book that drag the regular members down

Yea, its kinda out there. I'm giving this one more issue and then bye bye if there is no additional hook.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Copra: Round One is supposed to come out this month so everyone who wants to read a good Suicide Squad story should hop on to it.
    You can read the first issue for free here: http://michelfiffe.com/comics/copra/index.html
    What a great read. I wasn't sure about the art from that cover, but man, it totally pops in the issue. And the banter! So good. This is exactly what SS should be

At the end of the free book, they mention a collected edition. I'll definitely pick that up when it's released.

I second the urging for everyone to click the link and try this out.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Can anyone tell me why, in this oft rotating cast of writers for this book, no one at DC has thought to just do the logical thing and ask Ostrander back to have another crack at the book he had such a successful run at back in the 80's/90s? Yes, I know that sometimes it's hard to have lightning strike twice in the same place, but from what I'm reading, the book can't go anywhere but up, and honestly, having John back at it is the ONLY way I'll ever be interested in this title again.

To anyone reading this for Harley Quinn and not reading her solo book, do yourself a favour and read that instead.

The characterisation in New Suicide Squad is just...awful!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    There's a universe where everything is Luchadores.

I WANT TO GO TO THE UNIVERSE WHERE EVERYTHING IS LUCHADORES.

Astonishing Member

Shame on DC for taking Kot off this book.

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    Can anyone tell me why, in this oft rotating cast of writers for this book, no one at DC has thought to just do the logical thing and ask Ostrander back to have another crack at the book he had such a successful run at back in the 80's/90s? Yes, I know that sometimes it's hard to have lightning strike twice in the same place, but from what I'm reading, the book can't go anywhere but up, and honestly, having John back at it is the ONLY way I'll ever be interested in this title again.
    He's had several shots since and just can't recapture the original feel everyone is so fond of.

I'm not a huge fan of his work on the whole to be honest, but there's not denying his Suicide Squad concept is fantastic and should be hard to cock up (however, writer after writer seems to do a fantastic job at just that). Still gutted that we only got one collection of his original SS, as I thought it got a lot better after issue 20 or so.

That said, he created and introduced one of my top 10 DC characters, Oracle, so definitely not all bad.

I liked Glass' original New 52 run. It was fun and OTT. But after he left...
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    He's had several shots since and just can't recapture the original feel everyone is so fond of.

I'm not a huge fan of his work on the whole to be honest, but there's not denying his Suicide Squad concept is fantastic and should be hard to cock up (however, writer after writer seems to do a fantastic job at just that). Still gutted that we only got one collection of his original SS, as I thought it got a lot better after issue 20 or so.

That said, he created and introduced one of my top 10 DC characters, Oracle, so definitely not all bad.

I liked Glass' original New 52 run. It was fun and OTT. But after he left...

Beyond the eight issue mini, what other 'shots' has he had at it?

If I'm not mistaken there was Suicide Squad one-shot during Blackest Night.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    If I'm not mistaken there was Suicide Squad one-shot during Blackest Night.
    And issues of Secret Six, and another mini.

BANNED

I'm not really a fan of the roster. I think they should give Deadshot a rest and have someone else the leader of the Suicide Squad, Deathstroke is at his best when he is by himself, Harley is there for sales, Joker's Daughter? Meh. I would have put Killer Frost or Shado in her place. I also would have replaced Slade with Count Vertigo.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I picked this up for Deathstroke (and Black Manta but mostly Deathstroke) joining the team. The issues them selves aren't that bad (not counting Futures End) but the characterization is way off. Normally I don't mind a slightly off characterization as I think every writer should have something unique but it's like I'm reading about other characters. Deathstroke is nothing like he should be. I think I'm gonna drop it, which is a shame since on paper, this line-up contains 3 of my favorite villains (Deathstroke, Black Manta and Deadshot), a character I enjoy quite a bit usually (Harley) and a character I don't really like but that cam be ignored. That it dissapoints me is a sign that there's something not right
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47