part 7
part 8
part 9
part 10
part 11
part 12
part 13

Heya guys,
Some time ago I did a review of Daytripper, in which I told that Daytripper was one lf the few comics that almost made me cry. There is another comic in which I felt that, an alternate reality story about one of the most noble heroes of the Marbel universe. I'm of course talking about Silver Surfer: Requiem, written by J. Michael Straczynski and illustrated by Esad Ribic.

The Silver Surfer is a fascinating character. He's an idealistic, noble alien creature with almost infinite power who tries to make up for the deaths he caused as herald of Galactus. In this story the Silver Surfer finds out that his powers are fading, and that he has only 30 days to live. It's set in an alternate reality, but thag makes it no less powerful. Requiem follows the Surfer as he tries to help as many people as possible before he dies, and later his journey to his homeworld, Zenn-La. Though it has a very clear idealistic and peaceloving message, it's a very sad story, while still so very beautiful. In #2 (out of 4) the Surfer talks to Spider-Man, who tries to help him find ways to help the world become a better place in the short time left for the Surfer. After they can't find an answer, the Surfer offers Spidey a gift, experiencing the Power cosmic and explore the galaxy with it. Spider-Man turns it down but asks if Mary Jane could experience it for him. After the Silver Surfer accepts the proposal and Mary Jane returns, she says that she never felt as peaceful as that. Spider-Man then finds a way to better the world in a epic, yet beautiful, scene

The story has a lot more of these moments, though I won't spoil any more of those moments for you. The ending is great and shows just how great a character the Silver Surfer is. What also makes this story so great is the jaw-dropping painted art by Esad Ribic, who delivers some of his best work. Big paintings of the Surfer soaring through the stars as drawn by Ribic here are sights that'll stick with you for a long time and really capture the essence of the story. This is a very overlooked graphic novel (I usually say comic when I'm talking about Marvel comics but this comic is so literate thatt it deserves to be called a graphic novel) and if it weren't for a few fans of it here on this forum, I probably would have never knew it existed. It's not for everybody, but it's worth trying it, as it may just be one of your new favorite comics. Plus, even if you don't like the story, you can still look at the amazing painted art.