Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Or they don't read other book other than the mainstream one and the flagship titles. Green Arrow was the best DC comics during Lemire run and it didn't sell half of Justice League or Batman. Just like ANXM is considered the flagship title of the X-Book and that's why it's selling more.
    I thought that the flagship title of the X-Books was Uncanny Avengers.
    And i dont think that 55k people would waste their money on a story that they hate just because its the flagship book.
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 09-14-2014 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    And i dont think that 55k people would waste their money on a story that they hate just because its the flagship book.
    No they waste their money since they seem to enjoy teen opera instead of hero stuff
    "This is me being reasonable"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    No they waste their money since they seem to enjoy teen opera instead of hero stuff
    Actually the enjoy a teen opera mixed with hero stuff, just look at young justice

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    oops double post
    Last edited by somacula; 09-14-2014 at 08:47 PM.

High sell doesn't mean interesting. X-Force, Magneto and X-Factor are superior in quality than ANXM or UXM but they sell less.
    High sales does determine what is good and bad for the position of marvel, since they are n the business of making money. In reality that is the ultimate factor in whether a comic book..a commercial product, is good or bad

Well, how long i know, she is only a valued member since she hugged and asked for forgiveness to the Scarlet Witch.
    No, if you read the story beyond GRRRWANDAHATE, Rogue was always a valued member by the others, but with a strong difference of opinion that put her back in the role of wildcard like she was when she originally joined the X-Men.

It just means that more people like certain stories than others.
    No, it means Marvel is marketing some better than others and, right now, they are pushing ANXM to be the "go to" book for the franchise at the editorial level -- which stinks of reboot, imo.

Or they don't read other book other than the mainstream one and the flagship titles. Green Arrow was the best DC comics during Lemire run and it didn't sell half of Justice League or Batman. Just like ANXM is considered the flagship title of the X-Book and that's why it's selling more.
    Yep.

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Knowing Marvel Spider-man will be the one that ends up fixing the Schism now that he is going to be the new Headmaster for no real reason. Apparently Wolverine has it has one of his final requests...totally undermines all of the X-Men, why not request one of your protege's or close friends to do it Rouge, Nightcrawler, Storm?

Uncanny Avengers is an Avengers book

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    High sales does determine what is good and bad for the position of marvel, since they are n the business of making money. In reality that is the ultimate factor in whether a comic book..a commercial product, is good or bad
    For Marvel it does. From comic reader, it doesn't.

Astonishing Member

i'm pretty sure spidey is just the guidance counselor. when old man rogers is running the place we can worry.

at this stage, the only thing that could make schism worse would be rachel dieing due to the squabbles, or gold side recruiting the witch

Quote Originally Posted by adameastment View Post
    I think Beast would rather have another M-Day than call Scott a team mate.
    beast damaged the space-time continuum to try hook himself up with jean (which is really, really creepy), and then was willing to allow all creation to die while he (And others) wallowed in self-pity in their moral "victory".

he isn't just morally inferior to scott, he morally inferior to remender and bendis' wanda at this point
    Last edited by king of hybrids; 09-15-2014 at 04:59 AM.

For Marvel it does. From comic reader, it doesn't.
    And that is a piurely subjective individual choice where each readers opinion is equally valid. To see which opinions are more popular then sales become the only indicator once again

I'm sick to my stomach at the idea that Wolverine's death will just be MOAR verbal abuse ammunition for Cyclops, from Beast and Iceman and whomever else.

"Blah blah you killed Xavier and now Wolverine is dead you must be throwing yourself a GD parade there Slimmy blah blah!"

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

If Wolverine truly dies at the end of this story (and I still have my doubts), here's what I think should happen:

- Beast needs to join the Avengers full-time. Spending more time with old pal Wonder Man can only improve his currently douchetastic demeanor, and he REALLY needs to get out of the mansion for a while.

- Iceman needs to either chill out (pun intended) or go join another team for a while. Say, maybe he can go join the Uncanny Avengers and impress everyone with his winning personality!

- Storm and Nightcrawler need to be co-headmasters of the school. Ororo's strength tempered by Kurt's conscience should make for a good team.

- Get Cyclops and co. back into the mansion, or at least on school grounds. Storm and Nightcrawler run the school, and Cyclops leads the field team (it always felt weird having Cyclops as headmaster--mentoring is not where his strength lies. He's a general, not a principal. And Storm works best when she's relating to/helping others, although she's a force to be reckoned with in battle as well). Cyke will have had a chance to cool down a bit by this point, and is able to work with Maria Hill and S.H.I.E.L.D. without undue bickering. There are still tensions regarding his DWP (Destroying While Possessed) actions, but he's done enough good since then (putting the kibosh on Dark Beast, for starters) to earn their trust.

- Get a good mix of characters for the school staff and field team. Kitty should stay on the field team (she's fun as a teacher, but she's young and feisty and should be out kicking butt for now). Emma should return to the school, and frankly, I do want to see her get back with Scott ... eventually. Maybe have Karma step in as the field telepath, and give some more lesser-known mutants the spotlight.

- Also, not that it has anything to do with the Schism, but I really want Banshee back. And not as a creepy undead Horseman, mind you. I want the sweet, stereotypical Irishman with his quirky expressions and nurturing heart, on active duty as an X-Man and a part-time teacher.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

I would love to see all of those things happen, Blithering Toot.

why is wolverine dying and why aren't we boycotting this?!... who will keep JGS in check?! but i doubt this will be the end of schism but i think maybe the aftermath of the teams getting together to fulfill Xaviers last will and testament might help mend the schools. Cyke is set in his ways and i doubt there is anything that can influence him otherwise.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I would love to see all of those things happen, Blithering Toot.
    My kingdom for a CBR "Like" button ...
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000