Default Would you be surprised if Nick Fury had a secret level of Shield hidden up his sleeve?

As far as we know there are like 11 levels so what would your reaction be if Nick Fury had a secret level of Shield privy only to him? Sort of like the DC comics Suicide Squad where various teams of incarcerated super villains where given high risk missions in exchange for shaving off a few years of their sentence while also delving into mad science experiments around the lines of something similar to the Weapon X program. Something like this would probably best be called Level 0. What do you think? What would your reaction be if Marvel did a comic series where the slogan was "Shield: Welcome to Level 0."? I wouldn't be surprised if Nick Fury did have his own Level Zero with super villains but I think him also being part of a group conducting inhuman experiments like Weapon X might be pushing it.

I hope not. Stop it with the secret sects within secret sects within secret sects within secret sects... Sheesh.

After what happened in Original Sin, it wouldnt be that weird.

A development such as this would not surprise me in the least. Though I don't really know about the villain tie in. Knowing Marvel, it would more likely be something like he's had sleeper agents networked throughout the super community, working to secretly push history in the direction that Nick wanted/needed it to go. So then Marvel could go back and do a whole bunch of retconning.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

To be honest not really. I'd be more surprised if he didn't. Fury always seems too make plans for when things go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    A development such as this would not surprise me in the least. Though I don't really know about the villain tie in. Knowing Marvel, it would more likely be something like he's had sleeper agents networked throughout the super community, working to secretly push history in the direction that Nick wanted/needed it to go. So then Marvel could go back and do a whole bunch of retconning.
    Yes. Original Sin just seemed like an ordinary exposure of something Fury had to reveal anyway. But something like a Secret SHIELD division? This Fury would carry to the grave. As to who would take over the running of this division if Fury never showed up again, I can only suspect somebody in the division would wait until someone comes to them, or, a trigger device indicates Fury is dead, and they go hunting for his replacement. The LMDs are the most likely caretakers of Furys legacy, so if it was me I would hunt down the location of the LMDs. If the LMDs are aware the Winter Soldier is taking over from Fury, then I would contact Bucky and he could organise targets, depending on the secret divisions agenda. If their agenda is local, then Earth politics would be the focus. I would say the agenda of the secret SHIELD division would be the focal point of what happens next. As we haven't seen any effect of this divisions activities, it would have to be something in full view we haven't put down to Fury yet. Like Super Villains escaping captivity at will. If Fury is the one who is making sure super villains are released regularly, then his agenda has something to do with the continuous flow of action between heroes and villains being something worthwhile. It would be a shock to learn Fury is keeping super heroes busy like this, but if it has a worthwhile reason behind it, then I could see it being kept secret.

As to what would be a worthwhile reason for having heroes and villains continuously at each other's throats? Maybe Fury needs them to be battle fit , and the best way to do that is to never lock up the villains permanently. As to why they need everybody battle fit? That's the question isn't it? Maybe the Earth is such a conduit, it's more like a Gladiator Planet, like Sakaar?
    Last edited by jackolover; 09-14-2014 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    To be honest not really. I'd be more surprised if he didn't. Fury always seems too make plans for when things go wrong.
    This is how I feel as well. I suppose you can argue that he was/is his own personal level of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"