Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Superman vs Hulk (absolute historical peak versions)

OK, since these two are traditionally and often considered the pinnacles of super-heroic power within their respective multiverses, let's have at it.

Any version of Superman that was considered "the main/real/our Superman at that time" is in play, from his original debut in 1938 to the present. Any exploits from Golden, Atomic, Silver, Bronze, Iron, 2000s and Modern Age versions of Superman are allowed. Evil doppelgangers that interacted with "Our" Superman, i.e. Ultraman, NOT allowed.

Any version of the Hulk that was considered "the main/real/our Hulk at that time" is in play, from his original debut in 1962 to the present. Any exploits form Silver, Bronze, Iron, 2000s, and Modern Age versions of the Hulk are allowed. Evil doppelgangers that interacted with "Our" Hulk, i.e. Maestro, NOT allowed.

All respective powers, skills and knowledge are simultaneously in play for both combatants.

Fight is to the death, minimal prep time, no innocent bystanders around, no outside interference or help, all-time most powerful versions only.

Who wins, under these circumstances, in your informed opinion?

BANNED

Superman silver age. Hard to see it not being a stomp.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

ewwwwww.

poor hulk.

Mighty Member

I hope Hulk really likes gorillas.

Incredible Member

Yup, Anyone who can pull a string of 20 or so planets around the universe all at once mashes Hulk into Hulk Hamburger.

BANNED

You are better off just listing the few versions of Supes that couldn't defeat the Hulk in this scenario. You have to go pretty low on the totem pole. I'm talking even lower then someone like JLU Supes.

Mighty Member

Bad News: The Hulk's absolute best showings of strength and toughness cannot match that of Superman.

Worse News: As Surtur mentioned, it would take considerable work to find a version of Superman that could not casually outclass the best showings of the Hulk in speed, mobility, and ranged attacks.

Superman's best is many many times stronger than Hulk's.

Quote Originally Posted by heretic View Post
    Bad News: The Hulk's absolute best showings of strength and toughness cannot match that of Superman.

Worse News: As Surtur mentioned, it would take considerable work to find a version of Superman that could not casually outclass the best showings of the Hulk in speed, mobility, and ranged attacks.
    Not that hard. Superman from his very first debut in Action Comics #1. Guy would get wrecked by the Hulk :P.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

superman from the shitty tv musical would eat it from hulk.

Incredible Member

It happened, in one of the giant-sized Superman-Spiderman crossovers back in the late 70s or early 80s, guest-starring Wonder Woman and Hulk. Villains had a tiny nanobot driving Hulk crazy and making him rampage. Superman came to stop him and much throwing each other into buildings ensued. Supes gave Hulk one big heave into a building and Hulk didn't get up from the rubble, but when Supes went up to him to see how bad he was hurt Hulk sucker-punched him so hard that Supes flew about five miles and crashed to earth in a heap. Which didn't hurt him, of course, but made him very annoyed. So he flew back to rejoin the battle and landed in front of Hulk and just stood there. The narrative explained that even though Hulk gets stronger as he gets angrier, no power on Earth can move Superman when he is ready for it and determined not to be moved. So he stood there and let Hulk hammer away at him until he exhausted himself, and then Supes noticed the nanobot and grabbed it, freeing Hulk from its influence. Hulk collapsed in exhaustion. Fight over.

Incredible Member

(Double post)
    Last edited by Kensei; 09-14-2014 at 02:00 PM.

Yeah, Hulk doesn't really have chance here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    It happened, in one of the giant-sized Superman-Spiderman crossovers back in the late 70s or early 80s, guest-starring Wonder Woman and Hulk. Villains had a tiny nanobot driving Hulk crazy and making him rampage. Superman came to stop him and much throwing each other into buildings ensued. Supes gave Hulk one big heave into a building and Hulk didn't get up from the rubble, but when Supes went up to him to see how bad he was hurt Hulk sucker-punched him so hard that Supes flew about five miles and crashed to earth in a heap. Which didn't hurt him, of course, but made him very annoyed. So he flew back to rejoin the battle and landed in front of Hulk and just stood there. The narrative explained that even though Hulk gets stronger as he gets angrier, no power on Earth can move Superman when he is ready for it and determined not to be moved. So he stood there and let Hulk hammer away at him until he exhausted himself, and then Supes noticed the nanobot and grabbed it, freeing Hulk from its influence. Hulk collapsed in exhaustion. Fight over.
    That is hilarious, poor Hulk..I guess his strength really does have limits after all.

I remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    That is hilarious, poor Hulk..I guess his strength really does have limits after all.
    Man, this is the second unintentional stomper Marvel vs DC rumble I've suggested (Daredevil vs Green Arrow was the first one).

OK, two follow-up rumble questions:

1) Whenever I hear/read Supes vs Hulk debates, I always hear the Hulkophiles recite their hymn "the madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets" as proof that Hulk eventually overpowers everyone with sheer brute strength since it has no known upper limit. Does that factor in here?

2) Does Superman's absolute historical peak (AHP) version dwarf every other classic powerhouse super-heroes' AHP version ... like Thor, Shazam the superhero (not the wizard), Namor , Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Silver Surfer, Goku, etc? Is there ANY serious challenger that is NOT an outright cosmic force (Spectre, Galactus, Living Tribunal, Anti-Monitor, One-Above-All, Source, etc)? Or is AHP Supes the top?