Default Can Madame Hydra appear in the Avengers Film universe?

I know Fox used her but when you compare The Wolverine film version she's so different she may as well not even be Madame Hydra. Ultimately when you think about it she's really the only character aside from Baron Strucker and Red Skull that could serve as the face of Hydra.

as long as it's not "Viper" then yeah, you could have Madame Hydra. She was given snake powers in the Wolverine film so any Disney production would probably have to avoid that.

Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

I still don't understand why she was allowed in The Wolverine movie. If Fox can use a Captain America villain who first appeared in a Captain America comic in late 60's, surely Marvel can use Uncanny Avengers Wolverine.

Of course I understand that isn't how it works...it's just the fact that they were able to use Madam Hydra seems so absurd.

Extraordinary Member

Fox's version of Viper was an evil Blonde Scientist with snake powers.

If Marvel Studio's goes with something more like G.I. Joe's The Baroness while using the Madame Hydra name, they will be fine.

Worse come to worst, there's been more than one Madame Hydra. There was a scimitar wielding, green haired Madame Hydra around in the last 80's early 90's that explicitly WASN'T Viper.

So the MCU could always use that one.

Sure. Marvel should have the rights to the other Madames Hydra.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Fox's version of Viper was an evil Blonde Scientist with snake powers.

If Marvel Studio's goes with something more like G.I. Joe's The Baroness while using the Madame Hydra name, they will be fine.
    I don't think character concept similarity matters, in this context.

I believe they can, just don't call her Viper. She didn't start out as Viper, and I don't think she's currently going by the alias, Viper. Just call her "Madame Hydra".

All-New Member

I think they could even call her Viper.
    That's basically what is going on with Quicksilver, right?