Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 121 to 132 of 132

Thread: Hulk vs Thor

  1. #121
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43

    Default

    BFR us allowed so thor just chucks him into space.....its that simple

  2. #122
    Mighty Member Shellhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Going to also point out that you just described PIS to a tee.
    I was thinking more along the lines of SMvsFL:

    "Spiderman vs. Firelord
    Alternatively SvFL or SMvsFL, is a shorthand that refers to any time when a character performs a feat that their powers and skills should be blatantly insufficient for, and is not repeated or is rarely repeated again relative to the character's overall established career, as well as the character's opponents' established showings. In statistical terms, it is an outlier, something that is radically beyond the character's established capabilities."

    I see there are now a couple of post-reboot rulings on Thor including his speed, so I see that he is set at somewhere between bullet-timer and Quicksilver. I can live with that ruling, even if I personally think that Thor speed feats could reasonably be described as "rarely repeated."

  3. #123
    Pro Mutant Anarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    In Thor's case, it's also a little case of CIS with his *Fight with honor!* shtick and all that.

    However, he is not stupid as Rhino is stupid, so we can safely drop this attitude in Rumble Fights.

  4. #124
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinoypanzer View Post
    Here is a blog that tallies up every Hulk vs Thor fight up until 2011.
    http://hero-envy.blogspot.com/2011/09/hulk-vs-thor.html

    As long as Thor is just using physical strength they are largely portrayed as equals. If Thor starts using the more hax powers of his hammer then it's a different story.
    Actually this is updated regularly as is all the fights on this blog.

  5. #125
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    996

    Default

    All this thread does is convince me writers need to upgrade Hulk's abilities tremendously. It's been 60+ years, and he's still not herald level yet. This guy even spells out Power Breaking to the max and should be one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel U even matching Odin and Thanos.

  6. #126
    Astonishing Member Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimishim12 View Post
    All this thread does is convince me writers need to upgrade Hulk's abilities tremendously. It's been 60+ years, and he's still not herald level yet. This guy even spells out Power Breaking to the max and should be one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel U even matching Odin and Thanos.
    That's silly. His shtick is that he is really strong when angry. No reason to make him op. I could understand if they wanted to make him physically comparable, or superior to Thanos. But aside from that? No reason to make him op whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Physically grabbing an released Black Hole to stop it is like throwing a sandwich at Galactus to stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I stand by my belief of Toriyama seeing a certain match online and going "Oh Yeah?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Every time you say the name of some kind of nonsense martial art, an angel gets its wings, and Val Armorr learns the martial art, retroactively founds it, then super karates the angel unconscious with it.

  7. #127
    Pro Mutant Anarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Yeah, the thing with Hulk is that he's a one-trick pony.
    You don`t defeat the likes of Thanos or even freaking Odin with physical power alone.

  8. #128
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Thor would win.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Probert View Post
    Actually the writer seems to update these regularly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Probert View Post
    It looks like this blog is updated daily. It's an incredible body of work, actually the whole blog is incredible.

    And it says that the Hulk takes the edge. I tend to agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Probert View Post
    Actually this is updated regularly as is all the fights on this blog.
    It's almost like you're advertising for the blog, rather than trying to debate the topic.

  9. #129
    Spectacular Member Vanguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Thor..................

  10. #130
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    165

    Default

    It's almost like you're advertising for the blog, rather than trying to debate the topic.[/QUOTE]

    In a way I am. I love this blog and read it regularly. I also almost always agree to what the writer says in it. I like how he is unbiased and shows facts and gets the creators points of view as well. Not many comic writer enthusiasts do that.

    Have you read any of his other articles? They are fun and that's all I take it for. I don't agree with everything, but that doesn't mean I'm not interested in what he has to say.

  11. #131
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Probert View Post

    In a way I am. I love this blog and read it regularly. I also almost always agree to what the writer says in it. I like how he is unbiased and shows facts and gets the creators points of view as well. Not many comic writer enthusiasts do that.

    Have you read any of his other articles? They are fun and that's all I take it for. I don't agree with everything, but that doesn't mean I'm not interested in what he has to say.
    MODERATOR

    We don't advertise for other sites or blogs here. If you want to debate, that's fine, but you can't post just to advertise for other people's sites and blogs here on CBR. It's not how we do things. Please cease and desist in doing so.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

  12. #132
    Astonishing Member Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,882

    Default

    Okay, in sum, what it comes down to here is, "It happened in a comic" is not a valid argument. If it were, we could argue for any results we wanted on any fight and it would all be equally valid. A writer, when he writes a story, has a fight end any way he chooses based on what he wants to happen. If he has to ignore established abilities of characters to do that, so be it.

    In fights where the Hulk wins against Thor, Thor generally has lots of abilities ignored.

    In fights where Thor beats the Hulk, it's generally because Thor remembered his abilities but not because the Hulk had abilities ignored.

    At high-end and not having sudden amnesia attacks where they forget their abilities, Thor wins.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •