Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Hulk vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadTitan View Post
    I am fully in the camp of "Thor fans need to give the Hulk some respect," but Thor has survived getting thrown through a planet. By Galactus. Who, I think we can all agree, outpowers the Hulk.

And honestly, we've seen that version of the Hulk once, maybe twice? It's just not enough to really make a call on. At least Warriors Madness Thor (which, again, I think was a terrible story that served mostly to make people gasp at Goldilocks) had a whole storyline dedicated to crushing everybody who got in his path.
    Listen, if we go by fights in the comics the Hulk actually leads by a wide margin (strangely enough the Hulk also lost more than he won against submariner, so I know this is pretty arbitrary). Certainly Galactus is more powerful than the Hulk of course, but that doesn't mean Thor can go toe to toe easily with someone whose every movement crushes continents, I said Thor could do it WITH DIFFICULTY, and I stand by that.

As for Thor Warrior's Madness it was shown during Infinity Watch and Thor was actually the antagonist. And what mot people forget is that Thor got the power gem during that storyline, which meant Thor was Thor+Warrior Madness+The Hulk powerset on cosmic level. Even so Thanos trashed him.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaokhaN View Post
    Thor can destroy worlds as well. Stop trying to put down Thor.
    Yes?

When did this happen? Because the ONLY version of Thor that could do that as far as I know is Skyfather Thor + Runic powers, which implies Odin is dead and is a completely different character from the Thor we know.

Okay so, it seems like this thread got moved here?

Familiarize yourselves with the rules first and all that before posting if you are coming from other boards.

Now, going by the original post this is Movie Thor vs Movie Hulk.

I'd say Thor. Similar strength plus ranged power.

Comic version would also go to Thor by the way. Flight. Ranged power. D-Dump. Speed and so on.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Okay so, it seems like this thread got moved here?

Familiarize yourselves with the rules first and all that before posting if you are coming from other boards.

Now, going by the original post this is Movie Thor vs Movie Hulk.

I'd say Thor. Similar strength plus ranged power.

Comic version would also go to Thor by the way. Flight. Ranged power. D-Dump. Speed and so on.
    pretty much this. thor is about as strong as hulk. sadly for bruce, thor just has too many options for him to get over with just brute force.

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

To clarify some of the stuff mentioned earlier:

No Hulk has pitched Thor's Hammer back at him - he's not 'worthy' to pick the hammer up, and until Hulk gets stronger than Odin, that isn't getting overridden. The scan shown a page or so back is Red Hulk pulling some BS in zero-gravity and claiming "I'm not lifting it, I'm hitching a ride!" IIRC, Juggernaut's done something similar a long while back. It feels like the writers are cheating in both cases, but regardless, it has nothing to do with strength.

As for Hulk vs. Thor in strength... Typically, Thor has been shown as having the upper hand for quite a while before Hulk overmatches him. It's not just 'enraged Hulk', it's 'enraged Hulk growing steadily more frustrated about Thor beating him like a redheaded stepchild over the last ten minutes of fighting'. That said, the Thor family (Beta Ray Bill, for one, as well as Thor) have been getting the feats needed to hang on the cosmic hero stage lately, and therefore have just plain better strength feats than even the most-enraged-ever Hulk these days.

And of course, comic versions, Bloodlusted by board-standard rules, result in Thor doing one of umpteen horrific things to Hulk via his Thorman Utility Hammer. Dimension Dump, energy drain, sending him flying via spontaneous tornado, and so on. Worse, either of these characters can spacetoss their opponent, but only Thor can just come back down and continue the fight.

Movie versions not so much, but I think Hazard's got it - Thor has the range game needed to secure the edge over his opponent.

If Thor fought like a moron trying to outmuscle hulk, he loses.

If he uses the hammer's powers, Thor pretty much wins, big time.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    If Thor fought like a moron trying to outmuscle hulk, he loses.

If he uses the hammer's powers, Thor pretty much wins, big time.
    Honestly, even without Mjolnir and taking away Thor's inherant flight and weather manipulation, when dealing with two guys that can space toss each other with a light tap, I'm betting on the one with super speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    To clarify some of the stuff mentioned earlier:

No Hulk has pitched Thor's Hammer back at him - he's not 'worthy' to pick the hammer up, and until Hulk gets stronger than Odin, that isn't getting overridden. The scan shown a page or so back is Red Hulk pulling some BS in zero-gravity and claiming "I'm not lifting it, I'm hitching a ride!" IIRC, Juggernaut's done something similar a long while back. It feels like the writers are cheating in both cases, but regardless, it has nothing to do with strength.

As for Hulk vs. Thor in strength... Typically, Thor has been shown as having the upper hand for quite a while before Hulk overmatches him. It's not just 'enraged Hulk', it's 'enraged Hulk growing steadily more frustrated about Thor beating him like a redheaded stepchild over the last ten minutes of fighting'. That said, the Thor family (Beta Ray Bill, for one, as well as Thor) have been getting the feats needed to hang on the cosmic hero stage lately, and therefore have just plain better strength feats than even the most-enraged-ever Hulk these days.

And of course, comic versions, Bloodlusted by board-standard rules, result in Thor doing one of umpteen horrific things to Hulk via his Thorman Utility Hammer. Dimension Dump, energy drain, sending him flying via spontaneous tornado, and so on. Worse, either of these characters can spacetoss their opponent, but only Thor can just come back down and continue the fight.

Movie versions not so much, but I think Hazard's got it - Thor has the range game needed to secure the edge over his opponent.
    Actually, this may come from a very early Thor or Avengers comic in which Odin, at Thor's own request, depowered the hammer for a short period of time when the Hulk goaded Thor by saying he was afraid to fight without the hammer. I seem to recall Thor set the hammer down intending to slug it out and the Hulk went straight for the hammer. He lifted it and may have thrown it. But this was all when it's enchantments were momentarily suspended so it's all moot. The Hulk has specifically been shown to be unable to budge the hammer when it's enchantments are active.

In the comics, the Hulk probably wins if Thor just trades hits with him and even that depends upon your view of Thor's speed which I'm not getting into. If Thor actually uses his powers, he easily takes out the Hulk even if only by dimension dumping.

In the movie, I'd say similar scenario. Hulk wins a slugfest. Thor wins if he uses his full range of powers.

Thor's a legit bullet timer. So if he remembers his speed, he'll literally dance around the Hulk with impunity.

Comic would be called Dance, Dance, Thorvollutions.

Quote Originally Posted by BobfromHR View Post
    Yeah, that didn't happen.
    If by defeat he means teleported Juggernaut away because he couldn't put him down, then yea... Otherwise No..
    Used to be Juggernuat on the Marvel boards

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    Listen, if we go by fights in the comics the Hulk actually leads by a wide margin (strangely enough the Hulk also lost more than he won against submariner, so I know this is pretty arbitrary). Certainly Galactus is more powerful than the Hulk of course, but that doesn't mean Thor can go toe to toe easily with someone whose every movement crushes continents, I said Thor could do it WITH DIFFICULTY, and I stand by that.

As for Thor Warrior's Madness it was shown during Infinity Watch and Thor was actually the antagonist. And what mot people forget is that Thor got the power gem during that storyline, which meant Thor was Thor+Warrior Madness+The Hulk powerset on cosmic level. Even so Thanos trashed him.
    You're using one feat in the whole history of the character to extrapolate a win. Have we seen the Worldbreaker destroy a planet or shatter a continent?

As I recall, Thanos just stuck him in a stasis field for a while. But even so, Thanos's whole thing is trashing cosmics. The only guy with a better record at it is Reed Richards.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Honestly, even without Mjolnir and taking away Thor's inherant flight and weather manipulation, when dealing with two guys that can space toss each other with a light tap, I'm betting on the one with super speed.
    Recent Thor established that Mjolnirless Thor cannot fly.

Speed for both of these guys is really hard to judge. Hulk's seemed to move stupid fast at points in his history.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadTitan View Post
    Recent Thor established that Mjolnirless Thor cannot fly.
    Despite him doing so before, one feat does not that argument make.

Speed for both of these guys is really hard to judge. Hulk's seemed to move stupid fast at points in his history.
    Thor: Consistently portrayed as bullet-time or slightly above.

Hulk: Nothing of the sort.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Being thrashed by Thanos, even when loaded to the gulls with power ups, isn't anything to be ashamed of. It's not like Thor had grown into his Skyfather+ potential, or was being backed up by Squirrel Girl, or something like that.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Despite him doing so before, one feat does not that argument make.

Thor: Consistently portrayed as bullet-time or slightly above.

Hulk: Nothing of the sort.
    I wouldn't say consistently. He can do it, but plenty of folks with regular speed have tagged the character.

Hulk has been shown traveling great distances via his jumps at speeds that seem like they have to be supersonic.