Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Hulk vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I agree that Thor > Hulk, but you can't argue with the origin story.
    i mean Sentry is considered significantly more powerful than Thor, and the reason for his powers is an amped up Captain America-serum.
    Remember kids.

Do drugs in the MU. It'll get you places.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    None of this answers the question asked at the end of it, of why you're thereby bringing it up, noting how the Hulk has done it various times..

None of that further answers the lingering question of if you're trying to argue for a supersonic Hulk, setting aside all the problems with the ways you try to do so for just a moment, how can you also say that Spiderman has superior speed to any notable degree? How by your standards is the Hulk not jobbing when he ever has trouble hitting the guy?
    You have a really odd definition of "murky".

I am not saying that Hulk is supersonic, I'm saying he has speed feats that make pegging his speed difficult. There's one panel I've found that has him clocked by a cop at something like 470 MPH. 320 is another speed that's floated often with Hulk, as is 100 MPH. It's murky, because it is hard to resolve. He clearly has more than human running speed in Indestructible, as he has several scenes where he is being drawn as a blur of color rather than a figure. There are plenty of comics where he crosses Continents and Oceans at speeds rivaling jets.

Again, read that post. See the part where I say that it isn't valid? I'm just pointing out that absolutes are bad when you're talking about a character with 50+ years of history. There will always be a story where the character does something (like Hulk tagging Spiderman, or Quicksilver) that they shouldn't be able to do. Saying something like "Hulk has never done x" is just creating a false history. That's what I am objecting to.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    this is more of a low showing for spiderman, which we dont us, than a high reflex speed for hulk.

seriously, read the rules.
    You said Hulk never tagged Spiderman.

I posted a scan of him tagging Spiderman. I then elaborated that it is not valid, as it is PIS. Again. I am not arguing feats, I'm arguing your choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadTitan View Post
    You have a really odd definition of "murky".

I am not saying that Hulk is supersonic, I'm saying he has speed feats that make pegging his speed difficult. There's one panel I've found that has him clocked by a cop at something like 470 MPH. 320 is another speed that's floated often with Hulk, as is 100 MPH. It's murky, because it is hard to resolve.
    Not really hard to resolve at all, honestly. You're just choosing to be difficult.

He clearly has more than human running speed in Indestructible, as he has several scenes where he is being drawn as a blur of color rather than a figure. There are plenty of comics where he crosses Continents and Oceans at speeds rivaling jets.
    By jumping. Travel speed is irrelevant. Thor has FTL travel speed anyway. Hulk even loses that.

Again, read that post. See the part where I say that it isn't valid? I'm just pointing out that absolutes are bad when you're talking about a character with 50+ years of history. There will always be a story where the character does something (like Hulk tagging Spiderman, or Quicksilver) that they shouldn't be able to do. Saying something like "Hulk has never done x" is just creating a false history. That's what I am objecting to.
    No. They're not.

Feats cosistent with his representation. In 50+ years of continuity, you've presented a handful of out feats for his speed, compared to the hundreds of feats against it. Consistent with his representation means that those hundreds of feats show that he's slow in everything but his travel speed.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadTitan View Post
    You said Hulk never tagged Spiderman.

I posted a scan of him tagging Spiderman. I then elaborated that it is not valid, as it is PIS. Again. I am not arguing feats, I'm arguing your choice of words.
    and i said that was a low showing for spiderman than a high end showing for the hulk and its not valid anyway.

in fact, if you admit that the showing was not valid, then why post it?

and i said that was a low showing for spiderman than a high end showing for the hulk and its not valid anyway.

in fact, if you admit that the showing was not valid, then why post it?
    Cuz he's posting in a thread with Cthulhu ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Cuz he's posting in a thread with Cthulhu ...
    damnit, what did i say about inducing insane post from new guys?!

damnit, what did i say about inducing insane post from new guys?!
    Well, everyone else is used to it by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Well, everyone else is used to it by now.
    thats because we are use to it. (well for me, because i'm a god and all.) the new guys havent gotten use to it.

thats because we are use to it. (well for me, because i'm a god and all.) the new guys havent gotten use to it.
    There you have it.

Cthulhu's true purpose revealed.

I am not saying that Hulk is supersonic, I'm saying he has speed feats that make pegging his speed difficult.
    It's actually really easy when you're unable to provide valid speed feats for a character, to not find pegging his speed especially difficult.

There's one panel I've found that has him clocked by a cop at something like 470 MPH. 320 is another speed that's floated often with Hulk, as is 100 MPH.
    Is any of that the Hulk even running? Or are we once again on him jumping.

There are plenty of comics where he crosses Continents and Oceans at speeds rivaling jets.
    Travel time isn't reflex speed. And basically irrelevant. And for a guy claiming you're not trying to say the Hulk is supersonic, you sure do keep trying to say it.

you've presented a handful of out feats for his speed
    To be accurate he's presented a handful of largely meaningless feats for his speed, along with some travel time performances.

He clearly has more than human running speed in Indestructible, as he has several scenes where he is being drawn as a blur of color rather than a figure.
    Say, can you benchmark "a blur of colour"? No? Then again, this is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Say, can you benchmark "a blur of colour"? No? Then again, this is meaningless.
    Especially since it is most likely a representation that; to a normal human he was a blur. He'd still be a snail to Thor.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by pinoypanzer View Post
    Here is a blog that tallies up every Hulk vs Thor fight up until 2011.
    http://hero-envy.blogspot.com/2011/09/hulk-vs-thor.html

As long as Thor is just using physical strength they are largely portrayed as equals. If Thor starts using the more hax powers of his hammer then it's a different story.

It looks like this blog is updated daily. It's an incredible body of work, actually the whole blog is incredible.

And it says that the Hulk takes the edge. I tend to agree.

Which isn't relevant at all to this board.
    Problem with Hulk vs Thor is that Thor is always portrayed as an idiot in these fights.

He never uses any ability that goes beyond casual lightning or brawling and conveniently forgets his massive Speed Edge.
    Not to talk about that Thor normally has a far higher Base Strength than Hulk and just lets the fight drag on until Hulk has overpowered him.

In a non-PIS battle, Thor would space-toss Hulk immidiately, or d-dump him, or open a portal to a Black Hole in his brain, or vaporise him with a God Blast from the Distance etc etc
    Hell, Thor could just drain Hulk of his Gamma Energy with his hammer and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Which isn't relevant at all to this board.
    Problem with Hulk vs Thor is that Thor is always portrayed as an idiot in these fights.

He never uses any ability that goes beyond casual lightning or brawling and conveniently forgets his massive Speed Edge.
    Not to talk about that Thor normally has a far higher Base Strength than Hulk and just lets the fight drag on until Hulk has overpowered him.

In a non-PIS battle, Thor would space-toss Hulk immidiately, or d-dump him, or open a portal to a Black Hole in his brain, or vaporise him with a God Blast from the Distance etc etc
    Hell, Thor could just drain Hulk of his Gamma Energy with his hammer and be done with it.
    Or just kill him flat out before he gets strong enough to oppose.