Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Hulk vs Thor

BANNED

BFR us allowed so thor just chucks him into space.....its that simple

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Going to also point out that you just described PIS to a tee.
    I was thinking more along the lines of SMvsFL:

"Spiderman vs. Firelord
    Alternatively SvFL or SMvsFL, is a shorthand that refers to any time when a character performs a feat that their powers and skills should be blatantly insufficient for, and is not repeated or is rarely repeated again relative to the character's overall established career, as well as the character's opponents' established showings. In statistical terms, it is an outlier, something that is radically beyond the character's established capabilities."

I see there are now a couple of post-reboot rulings on Thor including his speed, so I see that he is set at somewhere between bullet-timer and Quicksilver. I can live with that ruling, even if I personally think that Thor speed feats could reasonably be described as "rarely repeated."

In Thor's case, it's also a little case of CIS with his *Fight with honor!* shtick and all that.

However, he is not stupid as Rhino is stupid, so we can safely drop this attitude in Rumble Fights.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by pinoypanzer View Post
    Here is a blog that tallies up every Hulk vs Thor fight up until 2011.
    http://hero-envy.blogspot.com/2011/09/hulk-vs-thor.html

As long as Thor is just using physical strength they are largely portrayed as equals. If Thor starts using the more hax powers of his hammer then it's a different story.
    Actually this is updated regularly as is all the fights on this blog.

BANNED

All this thread does is convince me writers need to upgrade Hulk's abilities tremendously. It's been 60+ years, and he's still not herald level yet. This guy even spells out Power Breaking to the max and should be one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel U even matching Odin and Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by jimishim12 View Post
    All this thread does is convince me writers need to upgrade Hulk's abilities tremendously. It's been 60+ years, and he's still not herald level yet. This guy even spells out Power Breaking to the max and should be one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel U even matching Odin and Thanos.
    That's silly. His shtick is that he is really strong when angry. No reason to make him op. I could understand if they wanted to make him physically comparable, or superior to Thanos. But aside from that? No reason to make him op whatsoever.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Yeah, the thing with Hulk is that he's a one-trick pony.
    You don`t defeat the likes of Thanos or even freaking Odin with physical power alone.

Spectacular Member

Thor would win.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Probert View Post
    Actually the writer seems to update these regularly.
    It looks like this blog is updated daily. It's an incredible body of work, actually the whole blog is incredible.

And it says that the Hulk takes the edge. I tend to agree.
    Actually this is updated regularly as is all the fights on this blog.
    It's almost like you're advertising for the blog, rather than trying to debate the topic.

Thor..................

Spectacular Member

It's almost like you're advertising for the blog, rather than trying to debate the topic.[/QUOTE]

In a way I am. I love this blog and read it regularly. I also almost always agree to what the writer says in it. I like how he is unbiased and shows facts and gets the creators points of view as well. Not many comic writer enthusiasts do that.

Have you read any of his other articles? They are fun and that's all I take it for. I don't agree with everything, but that doesn't mean I'm not interested in what he has to say.

In a way I am. I love this blog and read it regularly. I also almost always agree to what the writer says in it. I like how he is unbiased and shows facts and gets the creators points of view as well. Not many comic writer enthusiasts do that.

Have you read any of his other articles? They are fun and that's all I take it for. I don't agree with everything, but that doesn't mean I'm not interested in what he has to say.

We don't advertise for other sites or blogs here. If you want to debate, that's fine, but you can't post just to advertise for other people's sites and blogs here on CBR. It's not how we do things. Please cease and desist in doing so.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Okay, in sum, what it comes down to here is, "It happened in a comic" is not a valid argument. If it were, we could argue for any results we wanted on any fight and it would all be equally valid. A writer, when he writes a story, has a fight end any way he chooses based on what he wants to happen. If he has to ignore established abilities of characters to do that, so be it.

In fights where the Hulk wins against Thor, Thor generally has lots of abilities ignored.

In fights where Thor beats the Hulk, it's generally because Thor remembered his abilities but not because the Hulk had abilities ignored.

At high-end and not having sudden amnesia attacks where they forget their abilities, Thor wins.