Page 120 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122 LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 1820
    BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #168 Apr 1983
    "Professor Xavier is a Jerk!"

Kitty Pryde is upset that Professor Xavier has demoted her from the X-Men to train along side the New Mutants,
    a move that she finds unfair as she believes that she is more skilled than the new students and that she has proven herself as an X-Man.
    As she goes off another rant with Illyana, her friend tells her that she is tired of hearing her complain.

When they realize that they are running late for their dance class with Stevie Hunter,
    Kitty and Illyana race off unaware that some strange creature is in the mansion and watching them.

Elsewhere in the mansion, Logan is preparing to go on a small vacation back to Canada and discusses the Kitty's removal from the team.
    Both men come to the conclusion that although Kitty has been an asset to the group she can also be at risk fighting along side them.
    Down below in the Danger Room, Lilandra runs Charles through an exercise to try and beat the mental blocks preventing him from walking in his new body.
    When the most recent exercise fails, Lilanda and Charles decide that they must decide what to do next.
    With Charles unable to leave the X-Men or the New Mutants, and Lilandra needing to get back to her empire,
    the two decide to accept the hard reality that they soon must part and decide to enjoy the little time they have together.
    As they embrace, the creature that has been watching Kitty and Illyana now watches them as well.

At Stevie Hunter's dance studio, Kitty's mood causes her to make mistakes during her practice and when Stevie calls her on it she loses her temper again.
    When Stevie learns why Kitty is in a bad mood, she suggests trying to prove to Charles that she is worthy of the X-Men. With new resolve, Kitty decides to do just that.

While back at the X-Mansion, Storm goes out into the winter cold wearing nothing but a fur coat.
    Having been away from Earth too long she decides to enjoy her reunion with mother nature.
    However when she strips off her coat she finds that the elements are now harder to control as they are a force of anger now.
    Unable to keep herself warn with her mutant powers, Storm wonders what her time away from the Earth has done to her powers and her connection to the planet.

In the coming days, Kitty tries many methods to try and convince Professor X to let her back into the X-Men, to no avail.

While in Shark Bay, Florida, Scott Summers pays a visit to his old boss and one time lover Lee Forester.
    Scott catches her up with what's been going on in his life and his coming visit with his grandparents.
    The two come to terms with the fact that Scott's world frightens her and that they should enjoy one last fleeting romance before ending their affair.
    Cyclops isn't the only one having a romantic evening as back in New York,
    Nightcrawler waits in the apartment of his girlfriend Amanda Sefton waiting for her to return from her job to have a romantic evening together.

While at Xavier's school, Kitty pores into her school work and laments over still being unable to win the Professor over.
    When Illyana and Peter try to convince her to come out to chop firewood with them, she declines to tag along so that she can continue her school work.
    When checking the computer she notices that one of the home scan programs is picking up an anomaly in the hanger bay.
    Going to check it out, she finds that some of the wires have been chewed on. She contacts the Professor telepathically and tells him of her discovery.
    When the Professor detects no thoughts but her own he tells her to pull back while he summons Colossus.
    Unwilling to do so, determined to prove herself to Charles she continues on. She runs into recently hatched Sidri warriors.
    Kitty is over powered however she is saved by the little dragon whom aided her on the Brood homeworld.
    She is also aided by the timely arrival of Colossus. Between Colossus and the dragon, all the Sidri's are destroyed or eaten.

After explaining the situation to the Professor in person, Kitty convinces him to let her keep the dragon, whom she named Lockheed.
    The Professor is also impressed by Kitty's performance in battle and agrees to let her back on the X-Men on a probational period provided she can keep her marks up.

While in Alaska, Scott, Alex and their father Corsair arrive in Anchorage to be taken up to where their grandparents live by a pilot that works for their freighter company.
    When the woman who is to fly them arrives, Scott is shocked to see that she bares a striking resemblance to Jean Grey.
    However, the woman introduces herself to them as Madelyne Pryor.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by Paul Smith and Bob Wiacek.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    By far, my favorite fictional character of all time! I can't even understand how people can even fathom picking another character, she's so great. She makes all other characters better just by associating with them.
    In the past, yes. Nowadays though..

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #171 Jul 1983
    "Rogue" Guest-starring Binary.
    The Alley.
    Storm greets her new subjects, and commands them not to attack the "surface dwellers" any longer.
    As she leaves Callisto - weak enough that she can barely stand - intercepts her.
    They exchange unpleasantries and Storm tells Sunder to put his mistress back to bed.
    Nightcrawler notes that Storm is going out of her way to make an enemy of Callisto, to which Storm responds they were moments from the instant they met.
    Nightcrawler is troubled about Storm's shifting personality.

Anchorage.
    Madelyne Pryor wakes up from a nightmare, and Scott comes running.
    After she calms down she tells Scott about the 747 crash only she walked away from.
    She gives the date as September 1, 1980 - and Scott is shocked to realize that is the exact day Jean Grey died!

Massachusetts.
    Carol Danvers finishes a visit to her folks. However, she's setting her folks on edge and she feels empty.
    She knows they're her parents and that she's supposed to care for them, but she doesn't - those feelings were stolen by Rogue.
    She concludes there is no place for her on Earth - Binary's place is among the stars!

Xavier's.
    Kitty is frantically searching her room for her computer disks with her homework on them,
    and blaming the New Mutants (X-Babies) for stealing or misplacing them.
    Her roommate Illyana makes fun of her when she finally finds them under her keyboard.

In the Danger Room, Charles is running a gym setting to work on his leg muscles.
    Both he and Lilandra remain mystified as to why he cannot walk in his new cloned body;
    since his paraplegic condition was caused by his legs being crushed and not genetic, his legs should be perfectly functional!

In the kitchen, Colossus is pondering a cookbook when Professor X psychically tells him they have a visitor.
    Because he used Peter's codename, he knows there might be trouble, and he shifts into his armored form as he opens the door to discover... Rogue?

Professor X's study.
    We discover Professor X cannot read her mind. She tells them that her powers are out of control,
    that permanently absorbing Carol's powers was an accident, and that she needs help.
    The X-Men are suspicious, and eventually Professor X asks them to leave so he can talk to Rogue in private without all the hostility.
    The X-Men resolve to vent their frustrations in the danger room.

Despite it being Kitty who wanted to hit something, she and Illyana end up in the control booth.
    Illyana picks out the program, and when Kitty asks what it is Illyana tells her its a surprise.
    However, when the program comes up Belasco, even Illyana is briefly surprised before flipping out.
    As if possessed, she draws her Soulsword for the FIRST time from nowhere and attacks Kitty.
    Kitty phases, but the Soulsword still cuts her! Kitty disarms her, and Illyana comes to her senses - crying out "I remembered!".

The other X-Men arrive in the control booth and Kitty hides the full nature of the incident, waving it off as an accident for Illyana's sake.

Later, Ororo's Attic.
    She notices her plants are parched and starts a rainstorm to water them.
    However, while she has an angst-ridden internal monologue she loses control of her storm and is reminded only by the sound of thunder.
    She clears the clouds, but the plants have already been ruined!
    Professor X contacts her telepathically, and she responds by hurling a dagger through his thought-image!

Professor X's study.
    Charles has decided to admit Rogue to both the school and as a probationary X-Men member.
    Storm objects - as leader of the X-Men she feels she has a say, and is unwilling to take on a member who might betray them!
    At that moment, Binary lands outside the X-Mansion and enters.
    After a moment of peace we suddenly see Rogue flying through the roof, getting knocked clear into orbit!
    Rogue comes back for more and Binary gives it to her. But then Colossus holds Binary down and breaks up the fight.
    Professor X explains that Rogue is under his protection as of now, and Binary complains.
    It is Storm who tells Binary that Rogue is now the newest X-Man.
    A puzzled Rogue doesn't even know why Binary has it in for her, until Binary shifts to her human (looking) form!

Rogue speaks Carol's name under her breath. Carol tells Rogue that she now has the power to destroy her.
    Storm tells Professor X that if Rogue stays, she goes - and Nightcrawler says they all will.
    Professor X talks the X-Men through the impasse - Carol concedes understanding but not approval, and leaves in a huff.

Storm, however, is also uncertain and goes to take a walk to decide whether she will stay or leave. She realizes, either way, that she will no longer be the woman she was.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by Walter Simonson and Bob Wiacek.

Ghost of the Stratosphere Not BAMF's Avatar

Paul Smith is such an underrated X-artist historically. That "Professor Xavier Is A Jerk" issue is beautiful, and I loved his stuff. The X-Men have had such great artists over the years; it's a time he is lost in the mix.

I can't get into Kitty. I feel like writers treat her as a Mary Sue character.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Still funny in 2018.

BANNED

Guggenheim's obsession is significantly creepier.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    And I know a lot of people disagree, but imo Bendis's Kitty was actually good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    This is also true. Her Jewish guilt and low self-esteem counterbalanced her know-it-all moments

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    Still funny in 2018.
    And of course, Gwen's wrong there. That's from Rocket Raccoon and Groot, not GOTG, so it's not Bendis.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I really liked Bendis' Kitty! Especially her response to Alex and his M word speech, I actually cheered when I read that lol.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh, you kill me.

Guggs might have shipped the Colossus thing a little too heavy, even for my taste. I like Peter and Kitty together. And it was not as well done as when Joss Whedon did the same thing.

But you do not think Bendis was weird shipping himself as the Chris Pratt version of Star Lord to get with her? Oh jeez...

Who knows, maybe your shipper dream will come true and the horriblle Magik will get with her. No offense, but I doubt it ever happens.

Rachel Summers

Is there any reasons the comics despite all the hints, and time and effort put into these things, never acted upon these relationships happening? Or why it's a consistent theme that she will get "super duper and even romantically" close to them and then for some reason after a run it's treated like it didn't happen or the writers or new writer that takes over gets cold feet? It's just a theme I notice whenever stuff like this happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipitus View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh, you kill me.

Guggs might have shipped the Colossus thing a little too heavy, even for my taste. I like Peter and Kitty together. And it was not as well done as when Joss Whedon did the same thing.

But you do not think Bendis was weird shipping himself as the Chris Pratt version of Star Lord to get with her? Oh jeez...

Who knows, maybe your shipper dream will come true and the horriblle Magik will get with her. No offense, but I doubt it ever happens.
    I'm pretty sure that "StarKat" was mostly Humphries' doing, actually.

Fantastic Member

You seem to love to **** all over Guggenheim. Did he run over your dog?

He certainly didn’t do an outstanding job for gold but he’s hardly obsessive or creepy over kitty. And kitty leading the x-men makes a lot more sense than kitty going out to space (not long after having all hit died by getting stuck phase to a bullet of all things).

Also somewhat amusing people can like how bendis wrote kitty (which is effectively writing her like she’d been when she was a teenager) but dislike how kitty got back with Colossus ( the guy she was into the most while a teenager ).

I liked the art for kitty during that time but felt like it was a big regression in terms of her adulthood and apparent maturity throughout the series.. and it never made sense why she would go into space at all imo. Or date quill, but he was kind of a regression/movie-verse version of himself also.