Page 6 of 122 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Hello kittens,

I need to do a quick introduction.

I never bought a comic book before all-new xmen. My favorite character is jean grey and since she was dead in comics I never bothered to get involved- I just watched the movies and played video games with jean.

Then ANXM came and I was hooked because of jean of course. But wow I just say, kitty is easily my 2nd favorite character ever due to her relationship with Jean. I love it, and I love kitty. kitty was nowhere on my radar as an xman but now I love her.

So to all the kitty fans here, even if you hate jean, cheers to these two characters and I hope we see them grow even closer as the series goes on. I love that my favorite character is under the mentorship of someone as awesome as kitty pryde.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Hello kittens,

I never bought a comic book before all-new xmen. My favorite character is jean grey and since she was dead in comics I never bothered to get involved- I just watched the movies and played video games with jean.

Then ANXM came and I was hooked because of jean of course. But wow I just say, kitty is easily my 2nd favorite character ever due to her relationship with Jean. I love it, and I love kitty. kitty was nowhere on my radar as an xman but now I love her.

So to all the kitty fans here, even if you hate jean, cheers to these two characters and I hope we see them grow even closer as the series goes on. I love that my favorite character is under the mentorship of someone as awesome as kitty pryde.
    I still like the real Jean. I don't really care about any of the time displaced characters. I don't consider them characters really. But I do like the original 616 Jean and hope she is brought back eventually.

Shadowcat is one of my favorite characters so welcome!

Should we petition marvel for a new Kitty Pryde series, if Storm could get one so should Kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    Should we petition marvel for a new Kitty Pryde series, if Storm could get one so should Kitty.
    Hell yes! Kitty definitely deserves her own ongoing.

If anyone remembers CBR did a poll recently on which X-Man should get an on-going series (who had never had an on-going series before), I believe that Kitty actually won that poll. I might be mistaken but she definitely needs her own series, even if it's only a limited series I'd still be happy. Also does the All New Doop LS count since she plays a big role in that (Almost as much as Doop himself)?

Kitty did win the poll about which x-man should get an ongoing which at least proves there's interest for seeing her in an ongoing. I voted for her myself.

BANNED

Marvel doesn't care about Kitty. The only reason she's even relevant is because she's Bendis' favourite character.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Marvel doesn't care about Kitty. The only reason she's even relevant is because she's Bendis' favourite character.
    The sad truth

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    And even then it seems like an offshot of how he wrote her in the Ultimate universe.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Hello kittens,

If you want to get to know the real Kitty, I strongly suggest you read Claremont's run on Uncanny and Excalibur. Bendis' watered down version is a very pisspoor imitation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    And even then it seems like an offshot of how he wrote her in the Ultimate universe.
    I strongly disagree. UU Kitty started out as a regular teenager under Bendis and kept being that way. It was only under later writers that she was written into the mutant leadership role. Bendis is writing 616 Kitty fully cognizant about her being a genius and a ninja. A genius ninja. Or is it a ninja genius? Anyway, her using Bendis-speech is just how he writes every character, but she is being written by him with recognition of her abilities.

I also disagree that Marvel doesn't care about her as a character. I think they care about her just as much as they care about any other X-Men character at this moment, with the possible exceptions of Logan, Scott, Xavier and Magneto, who are the most recognizable and thus most marketeable mutants due to the films. But it seems like a defeatist attitude to say that Marvel just doesn't care at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    If you want to get to know the real Kitty, I strongly suggest you read Claremont's run on Uncanny and Excalibur. Bendis' watered down version is a very pisspoor imitation.
    What's with the Bendis hate again? The guy is writing the best version of Kitty in forever. You can keep pining for old CC, but that was more than twenty years in the past.

I'm wondering if Ultimate Kitty can grow in size like Giant-Man now. From what I read in the Cataclysm epic battle I think she can
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
    What's with the Bendis hate again? The guy is writing the best version of Kitty in forever. You can keep pining for old CC, but that was more than twenty years in the past.
    Some people have a pathological need to complain about EVERYTHING that Bendis does or writes, no matter if it's justified in that particular case or not. I have my issues with his writing style (although I like him more than a lot of people here), but his Kitty is quite good. She's more relevant now than she has been in years.

Hello kittens,

If you wanna read a really good Kitty Pryde story read the classic Uncanny X-Men #153. It's a fun little self contained story that will bring a smile to anyone's face.

Also to let everyone know that Kitty is appearing on the Art Adams cover for Original Sin #3. I also read X-Men No More Humans and I was excited to find that she was appearing in it but unfortunately she is literally only on one page. Same with the recent Cyclops issue, I found out that she was in it but it was only for one quick recap panel.

Last thing, my Ultimate Kitty Pryde cover collection is now only missing four issues (Ultimate Spider-Man #100 variant, Ultimate X #1 second printing, All New Ultimates #2 variant and All New Ultimates #5).
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One