Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by August_Gorman View Post
    I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure part of the reason he died off so early in X3 was because Bryan Singer wanted to use him in Superman Returns, which was being filmed right around the same time.
    Why did that part go to Brandon Routh instead of Marsden anyway? Not that I think Routh made a bad Superman/Clark, though I'm probably in the minority with that opinion.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by vaf2675 View Post
    I truly hated what Fox did to the Cyclops character in those movies. This wasn't Scott Summers, it was a whining idiot who seemed like he couldn't lead a cub scout troop, much less the X-Men.
    Really that -

No. I'm sorry. I can't do it. that set-up was just too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    X-Men 5: Remember That Guy Who's Supposed to be Our Leader?
    Professor X?

BANNED

These movies have never really gotten Cyclops right. The only time they even came close was in the first one where Cyclops asks Wolverine how they know it's really him, Wolverine replies, "You're a dick." and Cyclops smiles. But again, that was more Wolverine than Cyclops.

It seems like instead of developing a few core characters they focus on Wolverine and then cram as many mutants into the mix as possible with little to no character development.

None of the movies really follow comic book continuity at all anyway though. While First Class was a great movie, it was kind of a let down to not have any of the original team aside from Beast.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Professor X?
    ...X-Men 5: Remember That Guy Who's Supposed to be Our Field Leader?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    ...X-Men 5: Remember That Guy Who's Supposed to be Our Field Leader?
    Storm got that role when she became leader of the school.

o

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Why did that part go to Brandon Routh instead of Marsden anyway?
    Did Marsden pursue the role of Superman? If so, I've never heard about it. Plus, he's only about 5' 10.

I thought Routh was fine as Superman. He was pretty good as Clark too, given that he was basically forced to do a Chris Reeve impersonation.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Did Marsden pursue the role of Superman? If so, I've never heard about it. Plus, he's only about 5' 10.

I thought Routh was fine as Superman. He was pretty good as Clark too, given that he was basically forced to do a Chris Reeve impersonation.
    Sorry, that was a brain-lapse on my part. I had somehow forgotten that Marsden played Lois' new boyfriend in Returns. But now it's come back to me. I saw it once, and had my eyes mostly on Routh, Kate Bosworth, and Kevin Spacey.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Why did that part go to Brandon Routh instead of Marsden anyway? Not that I think Routh made a bad Superman/Clark, though I'm probably in the minority with that opinion.
    I'm in the minority as well. Generally speaking, I enjoyed Superman Returns for what it was. An homage to the first two Superman films.