Super Moderator

Default C2E2: "Defiance" Stars Talk Sets, Makeup & More "Dangerous" Season 2

Actors Grant Bowler, Jaime Murray, Tony Curran and Jesse Rath pulled back the curtain on the Syfy drama "Defiance."

Full article here.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Love this show. It is probably SyFy's best Sci-Fi show since the Stargates and BSG ended. It is not a perfect show bit it has a lot of potential. I am eagerly awaiting season 2.

By far the best character on the show is Datak Tarr. You just love to hate that guy (and yet, you feel for him).

BANNED

I don't exactly "feel" for Datak. I think he is a punk, but I like the character.

Datak is a short sighted vain hypocrite whose arrogance is fueled by his petty self-centered need to compensate for being a low class scumwad from a ridged caste based society. A great character and bad guy but how can you feel for a piece of shit like him? His wife on the other hand I kind of do feel for since, yes she will do anything to advance her house, she at least is capable of caring about and loving her family. Datak would kill them all without a thought if it gained him an advantage or was just pissed and fly into a rage.

I just hope this show stops trying to be "shocking" with pointless stuff and get on with whatever the story is this next season.

I liked the show and look forward to season 2. But I do think it has to improve itself as well. And hopefully they stop wasting time telling us about the Game during the ads and such. I'm not an online gamer and don't care that they have a game that can tie into the show.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I liked the show and look forward to season 2. But I do think it has to improve itself as well. And hopefully they stop wasting time telling us about the Game during the ads and such. I'm not an online gamer and don't care that they have a game that can tie into the show.
    The game and the show are intertwined, although from what I understand the game is mediocre to ok, so I expect the producers of the show will be forced to prop the game up with more ads and tie-ins. Not the worst thing in the world, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamdinger View Post
    Datak is a short sighted vain hypocrite whose arrogance is fueled by his petty self-centered need to compensate for being a low class scumwad from a ridged caste based society. A great character and bad guy but how can you feel for a piece of shit like him? His wife on the other hand I kind of do feel for since, yes she will do anything to advance her house, she at least is capable of caring about and loving her family. Datak would kill them all without a thought if it gained him an advantage or was just pissed and fly into a rage.

I just hope this show stops trying to be "shocking" with pointless stuff and get on with whatever the story is this next season.
    Perhaps feel was the wrong word. I like the fact that his character flaws have been given justifications (he is a product of his low birth, his ruthless attitude comes from constant need to justify his marriage to his wife, which in intermixed with a sense of reverence for the old ways (which he can see slowly slipping away as all of the aliens become more humanized/Americanized)). It is nice to see bad guys with real depth these days.

Amazing Member

I'm a little surprised by how much I'm looking forward to season 2.

The Tarrs are easily the best part of the show and I cant wait to see how they get out of the mess they were left in at the end of season 1. Jaime Murray and Tony Curran are acting circles around the rest of the cast, and they look like they're having a hell of a lot of fun with it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamdinger View Post
    Like what? I don't remember anything all that shocking just for the sake of being shocking, or anything being all that shocking really.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomFalls View Post
    Jaime Murray and Tony Curran are acting circles around the rest of the cast
    I find it so odd that those two and, honestly, Graham Greene are heads and shoulders above the rest of the cast. Some times it is a bit painful to watch the supposed main characters (Grant Bowler and Julie Benz) trudge through their lines while the three aforementioned characters actually act. I can give a pass on the younger actors (they will get better with time and practice) but the main characters are both in their 40's, they should be above this level of acting. My only hope is that it was first season jitters.