Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Your reaction if Hydra got a new leader?

Say marvel had a Hydra civil war where at the end the top brass Wolfgang Von Strcuker and others like him were either killed off or arrested ultimately giving the impression that Hydra had become weak and was a shadow of it's former self. What would your reaction be if like a year later they introduced a new Hydra leader who went under the alias of Supreme Hydra? Like Otto Vermis but more permanent. Essentially a character who is highly cunning and whose identity is kept in secret and is implied that he was a apprentice to the Red Skull and started out as a Hydra grunt(and could also easily be a brain washed soldier) until being given the same serum as Captain America becoming the formidable foe he currently is. What would your reaction be to such a character?

Doesn't sound like such a bad idea, hell Superhero teams and organizations have schisms and infighting all the time so maybe it'a time some of the villains did as well, plus it could be cool given the fact that Hydra is becoming a bigger part of Marvel thanks to it's return in All-new Captain America and the Winter Soldier film.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I'm still hoping to see the Contessa make her return as the new Madame Hydra, minus that horrible headress.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Doesn't sound like such a bad idea, hell Superhero teams and organizations have schisms and infighting all the time so maybe it'a time some of the villains did as well, plus it could be cool given the fact that Hydra is becoming a bigger part of Marvel thanks to it's return in All-new Captain America and the Winter Soldier film.
    Thanks I'll be honest the idea for the new leader was more or less inspired by Cobra Commander. Also the idea of Hydra having a leader whose identity is completely unknown sounds pretty good I mean it would probably drive Fury insane knowing that Hydra has this brilliant leader whose able to outwit Shield, the Avengers and so on but is also completely unknown I can't help but wonder though how Strucker and Viper would react I mean if they got out of prison and found some new guy running the show part of me feels like they'd work with him especially if he was Red Skulls apprentice.

Though if he was also like the Winter Soldier and started out as pawn and later became a king they might have issues. It would be fun though for a Hydra leader to be a tragic villain and one day say to his subordinates "Do you know where I was ten years ago? I was a soldier in the middle east until I was captured by Hydra and brain washed into being grunt like you. After they tested the super soldier serum on me I was made Red Skull's personal body guard and I learned all his tricks then when Hydra went to hell I broke free and now I'm running the show and I will remake the world in my image not Red Skull's not Strucker's mine."

Now that I think about it I can't help but wonder how Cap would interact with such a foe a man who was like him and Bucky but chose to take over Hydra rather than fight it.

My Marvel dream is for The Gorgon to put back on a business suit and be for the Marvel Universe what Vicious was for Cowboy Bebop.

My off-the-wall pet theory is that Vicious is actually the hero of Cowboy Bebop. It is Vicious who does the most damage to the Red Dragon Syndicate by arranging for the death of every single possible younger successor who could have reinvigorated the Syndicate including eventually he and Spike. Vicious may have saved humanity. Spike would never have achieved this.

Incredible Member

I think they need to give Viper the reigns of leadership & just let her run with it for a while imho. She's a pretty good female character & would be great for the type of powerful female representation people are always asking for so why not

BANNED

Like the GI Joe event Cobra civil war. I can see that happening with HYDRA its about time we should see more villains vs villains events. As to the warring groups: Viper, Gorgon, Sin,

Sounds good to me. I'm pretty much for anything that puts Marvel's villains on a course to fight the heroes. Maybe that will get the heroes to stop fighting each other.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

BANNED

Isn't that what's happening in Marvel Avengers Alliance ?

BANNED

A shrug and a yawn, with a thought of "super-soldier serum, again?", as well as an estimation how long this'll last until the status quo is reset. Especially since Strucker seem to be running Hydra in the movies.
    Last edited by Carabas; 09-15-2014 at 12:32 AM.

It would probably end up being run by the hood which is a character I'm still not really sold on.

Still, it might be interesting for a new leader. One that's less espionage and more of an arms race for the avengers era

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Well,HYDRA is open for a new leadership.Von Strucker died in Hickman's Secret Warriors,Nick Fury Sr,the mortal enemy of Strucker and HYDRA is out of the picture.We have a new Nick Fury,new agents of SHIELD.It's time for a new face for HYDRA.A new Supreme Hydra as an enemy of Nick Fury Jr.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Well,HYDRA is open for a new leadership.Von Strucker died in Hickman's Secret Warriors,Nick Fury Sr,the mortal enemy of Strucker and HYDRA is out of the picture.We have a new Nick Fury,new agents of SHIELD.It's time for a new face for HYDRA.A new Supreme Hydra as an enemy of Nick Fury Jr.
    I'm not sure Nick Jr. registers on HYDRA's radar. He's still to green to considered a threat.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Complete and utter disinterest.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    A shrug and a yawn, with a thought of "super-soldier serum, again?", as well as an estimation how long this'll last until the status quo is reset. Especially since Strucker seem to be running Hydra in the movies.
    And what if it didn't go back to the status quo? What if the new guy became the permanent leader of Hydra? To be honest I only mentioned the super soldier serum and being a former brainwashed pawn because I thought it would be fun to see Cap go up against a man who is a dark reflection of himself essentially a man who leads Hydra and terrorizes the world like this.