Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Nicola Scott Plays "Earth 2's" Long Game

With a weekly series set for the fall, artist Nicola Scott knows where the heroes of "Earth 2" are headed in a broken world with a corrupt Superman.

Full article here.

Always Rakzo

Welp, Taylor's run hasn't turned the way I was hoping for but Scott has been consistently awesome so there's that.

Also, Daniel H. Wilson mentioned in Twitter that he's writing the Earth 2 tie-in from Futures End Month, I hope this means what I think it means!

BANNED

So they remember of Fury? lol
    She was introduced on #8, and we still don't saw a good development of the character. Seems like i will have to wait a long time for her showing up again...

so they will do a new trinity, with new bat, superman and WW...

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Nicola Scott is one of the best artists in the industry right now.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GLFan5994 View Post
    Agreed, she's perfect for a team book. And she's a really nice lady, too. I talked to her at C2E2 for awhile (surprisingly, that was her first ComicCon) - She really likes working with Taylor (she is longtime friends with him and they are both in Australia), and seemed really excited about where the book is going

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GLFan5994 View Post
    She's one of the best all-time, IMO. AFAIAC, she can do no wrong.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    She was introduced on #8, and we still don't saw a good development of the character. Seems like i will have to wait a long time for her showing up again...

Yeah, it's a pretty interesting legacy of the Trinity they have going there. The daughter of Wonder Woman, the father of Batman and one of the last Kryptonians. But I do hope this means that they haven't gone back on the Green Lantern, the Flash and Hawkgirl as the main characters- if anything, the fact that the current focus characters only are the center stage right now because of the spin-off being transplanted into the main title is a positive sign of that. I'm fine with a legacy of the original Trinity, but only if they're of slightly lesser importance compared to the new one.

Also, does this mean that Fury will be he Wonder Woman of Earth 2? Which I suppose makes her Fury of Themyscira, name wise. Kind of funny if her actual name is Fury. :P

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_peterson View Post
    Yeah, it's a pretty interesting legacy of the Trinity they have going there. The daughter of Wonder Woman, the father of Batman and one of the last Kryptonians. But I do hope this means that they haven't gone back on the Green Lantern, the Flash and Hawkgirl as the main characters- if anything, the fact that the current focus characters only are the center stage right now because of the spin-off being transplanted into the main title is a positive sign of that. I'm fine with a legacy of the original Trinity, but only if they're of slightly lesser importance compared to the new one.

Also, does this mean that Fury will be he Wonder Woman of Earth 2? Which I suppose makes her Fury of Themyscira, name wise. Kind of funny if her actual name is Fury. :P
    I would have prefered if Power Girl, Huntress and Fury would have become the new Trinity of Earth 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Also, Daniel H. Wilson mentioned in Twitter that he's writing the Earth 2 tie-in from Futures End Month, I hope this means what I think it means!
    I hope not my friend

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomune View Post
    I hope not my friend
    LA, LA, LA, I can't hear you!

... I still can read you though, dammit!

Extraordinary Member

This actually looks really damn good. I've been glancing through issues of this series in the comic shop, so I might be able to get this issue as a jumping on point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I would have prefered if Power Girl, Huntress and Fury would have become the new Trinity of Earth 2.
    yeah, I don't see the need of new Batman or superman when we already have their legacy. A new all female trinity could be nice

She's such a strong artist and her work is my favorite part of this whole series.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Man I love Earth 2, and Nicola Scott is a great artist. One day I hope DC spins out a Earth 2 line with at least ten ongoings. That'd be great.

I would have so preferred Helena, Kara and Lyta to be the new Trinty and for there to not have been a new Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman on Earth 2. Ah well...
    Richard Alexander