Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334
Results 496 to 505 of 505
  1. #496
    BANNED dragonmp93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scusemeprincess View Post
    you're right. everything that ever happened in the past should suddenly not matter.
    Well, given that the events of House of M, doesnt matter anymore........................................... .........................................

  2. #497
    Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,933

    Default

    Remender has done Miss Maximoff no favours. His Scarlet Witch is not even one I recognise pre-HoM. In fact the Wanda he writes comes across as the exact same one who before the retcon depowered mutants out of jealousy because she had "daddy" issues.

    At the moment she's become even more self-obsessed with how everyone is being mean to her, how she lost Wonder man. It's all become about Wanda. And that is Remenders big mistake. It makes her look much worse. The actual victims are being swept under a rug and we're being pulled into Wanda's mind. From inside it, it seems like we have a self obsessed cretin. Horrible writing overall.

  3. #498
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Or you know her own survival primarily.

    In anycase there's still a long list of horrors to at least begin to rectify on her part. Until she confronts her victims and/or their grieving families she's still a monster. As long as Remender has her forget her victims, call them stupid for blaming her etc... she's always going to be a monster.
    Um...citation needed, stat!

  4. #499
    Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Um...citation needed, stat!
    I'm referring to her initial confrontation with Rogue in UA, belittling the fact that she caused decimation.

  5. #500
    Libre. People Of The Earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Paris.
    Posts
    3,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Headcanon being:
    1. She was shown her future and the Skull's plans in UA (Canon)
    2. She was then given an option by the Twins to do what she thought was cool (canon)
    3. She chose to warp all mutants to their arc to fight (canon)
    4. End result: Simon stuck in Rogue, no more fuel for exodus, so that can't be done again (canon)

    And that's ignoring that she's BEEN having knowledge of Skulls camps and did nothing to tell everyone, or warn them, instead drinking tea with Cap and listening to Rogue telling her that she's the victim of it all.........
    So, I guess I'll never see these panels ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Kang wasn't sudued by Red Skull, Adult Apocatwins had Kang Tech, so yeah............
    Did Red Skull even try to do such a thing ? I have no recollection of such an attempt occuring in the serie. Can you point the issue it happened ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    If you can't accept the canon offered [...]
    No need to go further, really: who would take headcanon as face-value ?

    Of course, if you had actual panels or issues to point... One can only hope. ;-;
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."


    "Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

  6. #501
    Libre. People Of The Earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Paris.
    Posts
    3,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, given that during the 25 issues of Uncanny Avengers, she spend her time wondering why the mutants exist in the first place, and why everyone is so mean to her after the events of House of M, after all its not like there is such thing as a mutant culture; so i dont see any reason to believe that she is fighting the Red Onslaught for anything except self-preservation.
    Oh, so it was self-preservation that had her take a gutting for Rogue in issue #1 ? Fun reading tbh.
    As for the Skull, something tells me you skipped some pages in issue #25 if you actually Wonder what motivates her to fight him.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."


    "Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

  7. #502
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I'm referring to her initial confrontation with Rogue in UA, belittling the fact that she caused decimation.
    And the word "stupid" was found nowhere.

  8. #503
    BANNED Mikekerr3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    3,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Comparing the motivation of Scarlet Witch to the motivations of these guys pretty much tells me you are at the end of the rope with your argument.

    Mmh-ok, sure.
    None of them have tried to attack the entire mutant population TWICE, so their motivations are less suspect than the Scarlet loons

  9. #504
    BANNED Mikekerr3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    3,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
    My only problem is this all I here from a lot of you is Rogue and others are being written out of character, plus the story is bad but you turn around and use Remender story against Wanda. So once again why blame the character and not the bad writer.
    Becasue a character is responsible for their actions AS WRITTEN.

  10. #505
    BANNED Mikekerr3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    3,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Thats my biggest regret about this, its not impossible or even hard really, to a write good redemption story for Wanda. You just need a good writer and sadly RR is not up to it. The other big regret is that if RR had changed a few words here and there, had certain lines come from different people and tweaked his plot a bit (Not throwing every mutant everywhere into a life or death fight) then UA stops being offensive and maybe becomes actually good.
    I think that with RR that redeeming Wanda is secondary to the social points that RR seems to be trying to make, I also think RR believes that what he had Simon say about non-combatants being safe was rational

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •