Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Garrick1010 View Post
    The goverment represents the people of the country and are expected to act accordingly and the decisions they take are for the country... most countries are democratic (as far as I know) and most governments are not self appointed. All governments have a responsibility to it's people.... Not saying governments don't do bad things though... But pointing out that a government is comprised of "few people" does nothing to say that the P5 can just take over because they want to and thats "OK" ... nope
    Correction, most countries are plutocracies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It would have been great, I think, if Brevoort had allowed Wanda to be taken by the X-Books during the Decimation storyline, where she could spend a few years confronting what she did and rebuilding bridges until she went back to the Avengers. Unfortunately she was kept out of any book because she was being saved for the Children's Crusade story (which took years to greenlight, years to come out, and wasn't worth waiting for). And now it's pretty much too late, because most of the characters have moved on. Everyone in the Marvel universe now treats M-Day like some kind of minor inconvenience, which is not how real people would react to such a recent event, but then, this isn't real life.
    considering heinberg apparently had to cash in favors with disney to get CC greenlighted, i think it might be better to say there was NO plan to deal with wanda beyond that creepy thing with hawkeye. it seems that wanda would have remained in limbo, essentially no presence in 616 beyond the decimation, until some writer dug her up

which really demonstrates that decimation was a rather arbitrary move to diminish the x-books so marvel could pimp their not-spoken for properties out to other studios

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

It would have been great, I think, if Brevoort had allowed Wanda to be taken by the X-Books during the Decimation storyline, where she could spend a few years confronting what she did and rebuilding bridges until she went back to the Avengers. Unfortunately she was kept out of any book because she was being saved for the Children's Crusade story (which took years to greenlight, years to come out, and wasn't worth waiting for). And now it's pretty much too late, because most of the characters have moved on. Everyone in the Marvel universe now treats M-Day like some kind of minor inconvenience, which is not how real people would react to such a recent event, but then, this isn't real life.
    I second this comment, I would LOVE to see how Marvel would have done things if Wanda was in the X-men for a couple of years. I mean she's the only one in her family that hasn't even been a member of the X-men, outside alternate timelines.

BANNED

People are still crying over this? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomuniverse View Post
    Yeah, but given that some people are still crying over Inferno, a story from 1986; so there you go................................................ .........

BANNED

There is no crying over Inferno. Only white washing of a played out top character that needed a Magneto like personality makeover to become interesting with no Jean Grey around.

BANNED

That's what happens when lazy writers combine with callous editors to ruin a character.

Astonishing Member

There is no crying over Inferno. Only white washing of a played out top character that needed a Magneto like personality makeover to become interesting with no Jean Grey around.
    Let's be real here...it's not as if Jean was particularly interesting on her own either...there's only so many Phoenix retreads that can be done and, without the love triangle, that doesn't leave much...there's a reason they killed her off and let her stay dead this long...and I say all that as a fan of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    Let's be real here...it's not as if Jean was particularly interesting on her own either...there's only so many Phoenix retreads that can be done and, without the love triangle, that doesn't leave much...there's a reason they killed her off and let her stay dead this long...and I say all that as a fan of the character.
    Well, besides that some people are so so attached to her reputation of being a saintly goody-two-shoes; that the only way to keep that kind of reputation is that she stays dead.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, besides that some people are so so attached to her reputation of being a saintly goody-two-shoes; that the only way to keep that kind of reputation is that she stays dead.
    That's a fair point, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    In the Marvel U for sure. You can't swing a dead cat around without it landing near someone who's wiped out a random planet or alternate timeline.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    In the Marvel U for sure. You can't swing a dead cat around without it landing near someone who's wiped out a random planet or alternate timeline.
    It's fine as long as it's only asparagus people...they aren't the one that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    It's fine as long as it's only asparagus people...they aren't the one that matters.
    That's not canon! It was broccoli, not asparagus!

Why isn't she repowering mutants who want their powers back again? Like she promised in Children's Crusade after repowering Rictor?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    That's not canon! It was broccoli, not asparagus!
    I do believe that is a racist comment.