Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    I'd put my money under she's thinking "Man, why are they still mad at me. So some kid died in a volcano and another undewater and so on and so forth. Sheesh, I got over it well, why can't they?". The right bet and we all know it.
    That would be your money out the window then.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

To answer the original question, yes, have her written like an actual character and not a plot device would be the first step. Have her react like a reasonable caring human being (i.e.; who she was before Disassembled) waking up from a coma and finding out that while she was out she did something terrible. Basically have her act with empathy for those who suffered because of M-Day. Never ever have her trying to speak from the moral high ground, she's lost that for the foreseeable future if not permanently (well at least as permanently as it gets at Marvel). She also should never expect other mutants to forgive or accept her, thats a big part of my problem with RR and UA, she comes across as if expecting the others and the X-Men to forgive and forget. Its ok to have a character express that (eventually in the name of starting a dialog) but it should not have been her.

She doesn't need to continually suffer, die or any of that but she does need to atone, She should be written into a position where, without being written as a remorseless bitch like RR has, she knowingly chooses to save mutants at the cost of her own life, she can be saved at the 11th hour death isn't actually necessary but having her choose to sacrifice her life for those she wronged would go a long way.

Honestly, the very short time she was under Bendis's pen in ANXM she was far more sympathetic and likable than the entire run of UA. RR has failed to show her feeling any remorse for her actions, and I find it honestly grating and strongly dislike her under his pen.

Repower Jubes and Dani and I'll think about it

Astonishing Member

didn't remender acknowledge he hasn't written wanda very well at some point, hence asking buisek for pointers.

what wanda needs is a writer willing to go to bat for her the way johns went to bat for hal jordan; but also not gradually whitewash everything the way he did either. pity DNA broke up, i heard they were wanda fans

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Wrong bet and you know it.
    Since she joined the folks that were trying to stop her actions from being undone in AvX, It seems in character for her to want to finish the job.

You need to actually read Children's Crusade before making this kind of comment.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"No justice, no peace."

You need to actually read Children's Crusade before making this kind of comment.
    I read Childenes crusade before I made that coment. I have alsonread AvX where she fights to make sure the Mutants are not restored and UA where is she is a unrepentant bigot and and idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    To answer the original question, yes, have her written like an actual character and not a plot device would be the first step. Have her react like a reasonable caring human being (i.e.; who she was before Disassembled) waking up from a coma and finding out that while she was out she did something terrible. Basically have her act with empathy for those who suffered because of M-Day. Never ever have her trying to speak from the moral high ground, she's lost that for the foreseeable future if not permanently (well at least as permanently as it gets at Marvel). She also should never expect other mutants to forgive or accept her, thats a big part of my problem with RR and UA, she comes across as if expecting the others and the X-Men to forgive and forget. Its ok to have a character express that (eventually in the name of starting a dialog) but it should not have been her.

She doesn't need to continually suffer, die or any of that but she does need to atone, She should be written into a position where, without being written as a remorseless bitch like RR has, she knowingly chooses to save mutants at the cost of her own life, she can be saved at the 11th hour death isn't actually necessary but having her choose to sacrifice her life for those she wronged would go a long way.

Honestly, the very short time she was under Bendis's pen in ANXM she was far more sympathetic and likable than the entire run of UA. RR has failed to show her feeling any remorse for her actions, and I find it honestly grating and strongly dislike her under his pen.
    I agree with this. Simple really

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    I read Childenes crusade before I made that coment. I have alsonread AvX where she fights to make sure the Mutants are not restored and UA where is she is a unrepentant bigot and and idiot.
    Hrm. Scarlet didn't get involved in AvX until after the P5 were created, the 5 of which showed no interest in restoring mutants themselves. So you're a bit inaccurate in claiming that Wanda was fighting against mutant restoration; she was fighting against the inevitable crazy that was going to follow 5 unworthy hosts being taken over.

But, you knew that since you had read it, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    I have no idea what kind of version you've been reading if you think it's in character for her to want to "finish the job" then... She spent CC trying to fix the depowered mutants only to be thwarted by friends and foe alike.
    Also, she fought the P5 to prevent them from ending the world - which Darkclops almost managed to do anyway - she wasn't out there fighting "to make sure the mutants were not restored" as you're claimoring.

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Hrm. Scarlet didn't get involved in AvX until after the P5 were created, the 5 of which showed no interest in restoring mutants themselves. So you're a bit inaccurate in claiming that Wanda was fighting against mutant restoration; she was fighting against the inevitable crazy that was going to follow 5 unworthy hosts being taken over.

But, you knew that since you had read it, right?
    Well, do you remember who created the P5, right ?. And before Hope's second kidnap attempt, the P5 were busy making the world better for everyone; but well, experience is the best teacher, and the next time they should help the mutants first, and then let see why they can do for the normal humans, if they any spare time of course.

And anyways, the Scarlet Witch only got involved when the Avengers need someone to cower behind.

I have no idea what kind of version you've been reading if you think it's in character for her to want to "finish the job" then... She spent CC trying to fix the depowered mutants only to be thwarted by friends and foe alike.
    Also, she fought the P5 to prevent them from ending the world - which Darkclops almost managed to do anyway - she wasn't out there fighting "to make sure the mutants were not restored" as you're claimoring.
    Well, in Uncanny Avengers, she was wondering why the world needs mutants, its not like they have a culture anyways.

oh pish posh. you totally misunderstood that, her motivations were as clear as day.

BANNED

Wanda's just sick of all those people she hurt whining about how much she hurt them. It's totally understandable.

I bet Red Skull get's tired of hearing his victims whine too. They just love polishing that halo.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, in Uncanny Avengers, she was wondering why the world needs mutants, its not like they have a culture anyways.
    I bet the people used as MGH supply, snatched to fight Predator X or thrown in the Skull reeducation camps are wondering the exact same thing...

"No justice, no peace."

why not just build concentration camps to put the mutants out of their misery. they don't deserve to breathe the same air as everyone else.