Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    She wont be monologing when the source she needs is stuck in Rogues head, that simple. Why would she go "I could do this, but I can't because Rogue is babysitting my man right now?". A reader whose read the whole series doesn't need to be told this again. Like I said, she cant warp them the heck out of there, so now she has to suck it up and fight.
    Nice rationalizing and all, but I already told you I wouldn't buy your headcanon ? Sorry.

All canon, btw........ The Apocalypse Twins are sorely needed right now in thess dark times.
    Hmm, not really, no.
    They'd end-up mindwiped by the Skull only to be used as weapons against everyone else...
    No thanks.

That doesn't fit POTE canon bag, so it shouldn't be brought up.
    Well, when you can't show any panel to support your theories, sure, you'll have an hard time to sell them, especially to me. Unsurprisingly.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, the canon also proves that Cyclops is right 95% of the time, but go and tell that to certain people.

Besides, Carnage, Doctor Doom, Enchantress, Absorving man and some others
    are also fighting against the Red Onslaught, but that doesnt mean that they are fighting for the mutants.
    Comparing the motivation of Scarlet Witch to the motivations of these guys pretty much tells me you are at the end of the rope with your argument.

Mmh-ok, sure.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Nice rationalizing and all, but I already told you I wouldn't buy your headcanon ? Sorry.
    Headcanon being:
    1. She was shown her future and the Skull's plans in UA (Canon)
    2. She was then given an option by the Twins to do what she thought was cool (canon)
    3. She chose to warp all mutants to their arc to fight (canon)
    4. End result: Simon stuck in Rogue, no more fuel for exodus, so that can't be done again (canon)

And that's ignoring that she's BEEN having knowledge of Skulls camps and did nothing to tell everyone, or warn them, instead drinking tea with Cap and listening to Rogue telling her that she's the victim of it all.........
    Hmm, not really, no.
    They'd end-up mindwiped by the Skull only to be used as weapons against everyone else...
    No thanks.
    Kang wasn't sudued by Red Skull, Adult Apocatwins had Kang Tech, so yeah............

Well, when you can't show any panel to support your theories, sure, you'll have an hard time to sell them, especially to me. Unsurprisingly.
    If you can't accept the canon offered, that's more like your problem. I'll just stop here with you. I guess not all can be saved ;-;

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Comparing the motivation of Scarlet Witch to the motivations of these guys pretty much tells me you are at the end of the rope with your argument.

Mmh-ok, sure.
    Well, given that during the 25 issues of Uncanny Avengers, she spend her time wondering why the mutants exist in the first place, and why everyone is so mean to her after the events of House of M, after all its not like there is such thing as a mutant culture; so i dont see any reason to believe that she is fighting the Red Onslaught for anything except self-preservation.

the whole issue has her monologuing about how terrible her father is. how he doesn't do enough for her. all of this is happening while he's fighting to rescue a bunch of concentration camp victims from a telepathic nazi.

Astonishing Member

to be fair, the twins never said skull had the camps set by in the now, only that he would if not stopped/if allowed to gain full control of xavier's powers for his hate plague

since the twins arc's placement in chronolgy of marvel now is a bit skewed (before the 05 leave JGS, before logan loses healing factor, before infinity, before SpOck's end etc) its not impossible that, based of skull's apparent lack of manpower beyond the s-men (shockingly, no-one outside zola wants to work for him) he was advised by kang to lay low for a bit and he simply had zola's minions build the camp and bring it to genosha from dimension z; and used the chaos following thanos' invasion, inhumanity and original sin to hide his grabby-grabby?

Spectacular Member

My only problem is this all I here from a lot of you is Rogue and others are being written out of character, plus the story is bad but you turn around and use Remender story against Wanda. So once again why blame the character and not the bad writer.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    to be fair, the twins never said skull had the camps set by in the now, only that he would if not stopped/if allowed to gain full control of xavier's powers for his hate plague

since the twins arc's placement in chronolgy of marvel now is a bit skewed (before the 05 leave JGS, before logan loses healing factor, before infinity, before SpOck's end etc) its not impossible that, based of skull's apparent lack of manpower beyond the s-men (shockingly, no-one outside zola wants to work for him) he was advised by kang to lay low for a bit and he simply had zola's minions build the camp and bring it to genosha from dimension z; and used the chaos following thanos' invasion, inhumanity and original sin to hide his grabby-grabby?
    Very good analysis/theory. I still don't think that exonerates her from not having told someone so that instead of it being just them in Genosha, it could have been a more sizeable offense, but good points UA timeline is one of the bad aspects of Remenders run. I do plan reading UA all over again from the start, so maybe I can get more clarity to just how much she knew was about to go down, though for sure she knew she was going to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
    My only problem is this all I here from a lot of you is Rogue and others are being written out of character, plus the story is bad but you turn around and use Remender story against Wanda. So once again why blame the character and not the bad writer.
    Sadly, a bad writers bad writing becomes canon for the unfortunate character. I like Wanda, and I miss the crazy lady who only wanted to have a family, her robohusband, and then realized she killed the Avengers and felt guilty, not this holier than thou Rogue-killed-GrimRepaer-bench-her-but-dont-bench-me/Im-the-real-victim-here/you-halo-polishing-X-men woman that's been popping up.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    the whole issue has her monologuing about how terrible her father is. how he doesn't do enough for her. all of this is happening while he's fighting to rescue a bunch of concentration camp victims from a telepathic nazi.
    Thank you for this.
    I choked a bit, and lost some of my Pepsi, but I regret nothing. I wish I could reread this post as if I had never read it before.
    Ha ha ha ha. If I could turn back time...

Besides that blaming a fictional charácter dont get you banned from this fórum ?.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    you're right. everything that ever happened in the past should suddenly not matter.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Thats my biggest regret about this, its not impossible or even hard really, to a write good redemption story for Wanda. You just need a good writer and sadly RR is not up to it. The other big regret is that if RR had changed a few words here and there, had certain lines come from different people and tweaked his plot a bit (Not throwing every mutant everywhere into a life or death fight) then UA stops being offensive and maybe becomes actually good.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quitting the freakin' Unity Team on principle would be a good start, eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Ah, so she's fighting for humans and mutants (and the fluffy animals and the trees).

How non-discriminatory of her.
    Or you know her own survival primarily.

In anycase there's still a long list of horrors to at least begin to rectify on her part. Until she confronts her victims and/or their grieving families she's still a monster. As long as Remender has her forget her victims, call them stupid for blaming her etc... she's always going to be a monster.