Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    With how much has happened between then (HoM) and now, its not entirely out of the realm of understanding that she might be frustrated by people still holding this over her head. I mean, yes, she made a horrific mistake and since then she's tried to make up for it when and where she can (when opposing parties will actually allow her to participate in attempting to make up for it that is) like reactivating the mutant race, both independently and via partnership with Hope and the Phoenix force, and then joining the Unity squad.

Its just that.... the way she's written is so unlikable. I'm sure X-fans want to see her routinely apologetic and deeply sympathetic at all times, but thats not realistic either. Everyone has a breaking point and can only apologize (in the Children's Crusade for example) so many times before you snap back and express that frustration (as illustrated with Rogue for example).
    Absolutely nobody seems willing to entertain the idea of forgiving her, outside of a few Avengers and maybe Alex Summers(?) --but the way he's written (during his departure from X-factor in particular haha) he wasn't all that upset about M-day to begin with.

I'm not necessarily supporting Wanda here, just --- I kind of understand where she's coming from in terms of "You're gonna throw that in my face every time you see me??" -- probably because I see/feel the same way about Cyclops with Xavier's death etc.

I can't really justify being annoyed and angry at how Scott is being treated, when Wanda is receiving the same sort of abuse(?)

sundowhn makes some really good points.
    She has no right to be frustrated about it, she ruined countless lives. That she can walk up to one of her victims, who happens to be her sister, and talk about it like all she did was spill some milk, is just wrong.

I don't need to see her weeping about it all the time, because it doesn't need to be brought up all the time, but when it does, I'd like her to react like someone that's aware they did something wrong.

The difference between Scott and Wanda is that Wanda is still ultimately responsible for what she did. Even if you subscribe to the idea that Doom messed with her once she got the power, it doesn't change the fact that Wanda sought him ought and asked for the power. Scott didn't. It was forced on him, and there was nothing he could do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomuniverse View Post
    No surprise..Cyclops actually murdered one of the greatest heroes in history and he was practically bragging about it afterwards.
    Chuck Xavier is about as great a hero as Magneto. Even from the start, the difference between them was paper thin.
    Last edited by Juggernaut Punch; 09-15-2014 at 10:12 AM.
    On ye olde CBR

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    there's nothing understandable about being annoyed with people who you maimed. that's psychopathic behavior.

jean grey also had the decency to suicide herself to atone for her crimes. wanda ran away to mountain wundagore to play house for a few years.
    Well that was a lame cop out and Jean was back looking unscathed and prettier than ever not long after. She had a infamous affair during Maddie's marriage too. And Quicksilver is the only reason the Wanda charade even happened. Seems like Magneto and Spider Man are the only ones that remember that though.

Well that was a lame cop out and Jean was back looking unscathed and prettier than ever not long after. She had a infamous affair during Maddie's marriage too. And Quicksilver is the only reason the Wanda charade even happened. Seems like Magneto and Spider Man are the only ones that remember that though.
    so go call reed richards and tell it to him. he's the one who convinced everybody that wasn't really jean.

before that, no one ever forgave her. nightcrawler was willing to assassinate her again when he thought she had returned. and the x-men all rallied to kill jean once and for all the last time she came back.

i haven't seen any avengers try to assassinate scarlet for the greater good yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    She has no right to be frustrated about it, she ruined countless lives. That she can walk up to one her victims, who happens to be her sister, and talk about it like all she did was spill some milk, is just wrong.

I don't need to see her weeping about it all the time, because it doesn't need to be brought up all the time, but when it does, I'd like her to react like someone that's aware they did something wrong.

The difference between Scott and Wanda is that Wanda is still ultimately responsible for what she did. Even if you subscribe to the idea that Doom messed with her once she got the power, it doesn't change the fact that Wanda sought him ought and asked for the power. Scott didn't. It was forced on him, and there was nothing he could do about it. Characters like Rogue would of been dead and buried if not for him (Uncanny X Men 269, 274, X Men #1)

Chuck Xavier is about as great a hero as Magneto. Even from the start, the difference between them was paper thin.
    Paper thin? Xavier has been in a huge mansion hiding, lying, scheming, and whining for years. Magneto has been on the front lines from day one and actually got worldwide results.

Astonishing Member

To be fair, Scott and Jean both thought Maddie was dead before they got back together...and she was off banging Havok not long after.

BANNED

so go call reed richards and tell it to him. he's the one who convinced everybody that wasn't really jean.

before that, no one ever forgave her. nightcrawler was willing to assassinate her again when he thought she had returned. and the x-men all rallied to kill jean once and for all the last time she came back.

i haven't seen any avengers try to assassinate scarlet for the greater good yet.
    Well the Avengers aren't murderers. They're not gonna be assassinating anyone. They could attempt to put one of her power level in jail but that's a suicide mission and this was cleared up in Crusade anyway.

As for Jean? That whole gimmick was to make sure she could start over again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    To be fair, Scott and Jean both thought Maddie was dead before they got back together...and she was off banging Havok not long after.
    No. He left his wife and son IMMEDIATELY after he heard Jean was alive.

Well the Avengers aren't murderers. They're not gonna be assassinating anyone. They could attempt to put one of her power level in jail but that's a suicide mission and this was cleared up in Crusade anyway.
    nothing was cleared up. why isn't she in prison if they refuse to kill her?

they also tried to assassinate cyclops at the end of avx so i really find it hard to believe they aren't willing to take a life for the greater good.

No. He left his wife and son IMMEDIATELY after he heard Jean was alive.
    Not this crap again. Stop twisting the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger88 View Post
    Eh, even Marvel writers of the time consider him a scumbag. I think Bendis is the only one I've read that tries to excuse his behavior in that story line.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger88 View Post
    What crap? He left and then they tried to white wash it. Hilarious.

nothing was cleared up. why isn't she in prison if they refuse to kill her?

they also tried to assassinate cyclops at the end of avx so i really find it hard to believe they aren't willing to take a life for the greater good.
    Prison? Who can put her in prison and why would a Magneto ever allow that? Cyclops and the X men walked away and did nothing to her after all their threats.

Cyclops tried to wipe out the planet after beating up his girlfriend and killing Xavier. Even tried to kill Magneto in his state...had no problem allowing Rogue and Carol be captured in limbo either.

Well, i would say that if she brings back the adult Jean Grey, and not as a zombie or her personal slave; i would count that as her being redeemed.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Didn't one of these threads get closed not too recently?

Here's the truth. A writer can write her "redeemed" in the comics, and readers can say yay or nay.

So...it's up to you, yourself, and...you.
    Yes, it was. Because the trolling was way too obvious.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Perhaps Wanda could be revealed as a Skrull ... or maybe they could pluck her younger, less crazy self from the past, O5 style?

There's not a whole lot Wanda can do to redeem herself nowadays, except do her "Haters gonna hate" prance wherever she chances to roam, inciting feelings of animosity from all whose paths she crosses.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

Prison? Who can put her in prison and why would a Magneto ever allow that?
    is there a reason you think she wouldn't willingly submit herself to do time? do you think she doesn't consider what she did wrong?

BANNED

She tried that. Even tried to fix everything and it was working but Patriot and Doom messed it all up.