Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by FishboneX View Post
    Meh. I liked Blackest Night, it was no Sinestro Corp War, but noting is really. Blackest Night was good.
    So do i but villians like Black Hand when they're used often, it feels like they aren't as powerful as before.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    So do i but villians like Black Hand when they're used often, it feels like they aren't as powerful as before.
    I call it "Galactus Syndrome." Galactus was awesome when first introduced by Kirby/Lee back in the 1960s, but as time wore on, he sort of became the punching bag for *other* cosmic entities to show how powerful *they* were supposed to be.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I call it "Galactus Syndrome." Galactus was awesome when first introduced by Kirby/Lee back in the 1960s, but as time wore on, he sort of became the punching bag for *other* cosmic entities to show how powerful *they* were supposed to be.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Happened with Anti Monitor as well, dude went for Eating infinite universes to being jobbed out for Superboy Prime, and got one shotted by Dove in bullet

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    He appeared during Geoff Johns new 52 final stretch had arc about it with the indigos, Hal stole his ring in the last issue and then Vendetti recently used them in futures end.
    Yes, Black Hand was. But his few appearances have had hardly any impact since Blackest Night, and the black Lanterns have not been seen since.

what does everybody mean "again"? Black Hand and his dead havent really appeared much besides in a 12-issues event over 4 years ago. How many other major villains dont appear in a 4 year time span?
    All of Wonder Woman's.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Is there at least any description? I couldn't find this information anywhere.

Stuff the naysayers. The more Black Lanterns the better. Black Hand should be to Hal as Joker is to Batman - the perfect, unending nemesis.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroSikTh View Post
    Stuff the naysayers. The more Black Lanterns the better. Black Hand should be to Hal as Joker is to Batman - the perfect, unending nemesis.
    Only way that would make sense ( or Hal being able to stop him) is if Hal can somehow resurrect Black Hand back to life after every battle :/

Quote Originally Posted by PyroSikTh View Post
    I would rather see that than Shark, Tattoo Man and Hector Hammond.

I think the Geoff Johns Blackest Night event was good when it started, but it kind of dragged a bit imo.

Astonishing Member

Loving that art.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

The Black Lanterns/Black Hand have been around often enough lately (too often for my taste). They were in Geoff Johns' New 52 comics, Black Hand appeared in a villains month issue last year, the Black Lanterns were in a Green Lantern issue... um... two weeks ago, and then there's this.

I never really liked the concept of zombies as it relates to Green Lantern. I love them in Night of the Living Dead and Castlevania video games, but Green Lantern? Nope.

what does everybody mean "again"? Black Hand and his dead havent really appeared much besides in a 12-issues event over 4 years ago. How many other major villains dont appear in a 4 year time span?
    Feels to soon after just reading Blackest Night two weeks ago. So I admit I'm a bit biased. I like the Black Hand just not really wild about the Black Lanterns.

I started with Rebirth back in March. It has been a lot of reading to catch up to the current Nu52. Only 100 more issues (GL, CLC, RL, NG, Sin) to go and I'm current! I hope I'll be caught up by Godhead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hsalf View Post
    Feels to soon after just reading Blackest Night two weeks ago. So I admit I'm a bit biased. I like the Black Hand just not really wild about the Black Lanterns.

I started with Rebirth back in March. It has been a lot of reading to catch up to the current Nu52. Only 100 more issues (GL, CLC, RL, NG, Sin) to go and I'm current! I hope I'll be caught up by Godhead.
    Wow, binging Johns Green Lantern run! I wish I could read it all again, it was fantastic, especially how he reinvented Sinestro and built that whole Corp.

Wow, binging Johns Green Lantern run! I wish I could read it all again, it was fantastic, especially how he reinvented Sinestro and built that whole Corp.
    Wish? i read it three time, and still would read it again, Dat Larfleeze was really funny, especially when he planned to move to earth during Brightest Day.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

On a side note, I thought the whole point of resurrecting Black Hand at the end of Blackest Night was that he was the tether for Nekron. When he died again in the New 52, and regained his Black Ring and control over the Black Lanterns, shouldn't that have allowed Nekron to return?
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!